Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 09:37 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So you believe that Obama being black is why he made comments, accusations, decisions, actions that divided the country?
Possibly, but the black voters now dislike him immensely and say that he did nothing for black Americans, maybe for black people from other countries but not black Americans.
There are lots of videos, news clips etc of them saying so. Search it out.

Him being black is only 80% of the reason he worked so hard to divide the country so what was the other 20% responsible for?

So I guess the reason President Donald J Trump is accused of dividing the country by leftists is because he is white.
Why do lefties keep calling Obama black anyway? He was of mixed race. His mother was white. I couldn't care less the color of skin or race a president is it's all about the ability to lead and to deal with the problems and issue that face our country.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:56 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Cheeto in chief? Exhibit A here again of the nasty left. Cruz has never denied that he was born in Canada to an American citizen mother and a Cuban father and that's why there was no peep. Obama however, denied that he was born in Kenya to a Kenyan father and an American citizen mother. Many people believed him and some didn't based on some evidence. As for me, I didn't care as his mother was an American so that made him an American also. The birther so-called parade ended long ago so why do you and yours feel the need to keep bringing it up except to use it as just another method to demonize Trump?
Agree. I don't care if he was born in Kenya (which I think he was) he was an American citizen at birth due to an American parent.

That's not my issue.

My frustration is it was and still is a big mystery. They couldn't just be honest. It's all veiled in secrecy and misdirection. They couldn't just be honest and say that's what happened but made up an elaborate story about a missing highly suspicious birth certificate in Hawaii.

It's the deceit I don't like.

Why was his original college application barred from being released? Many people probably rightly think it's because on his application he even wrote he was foreign born. And he used this to his advantage when it was convenient for college admission.

The truth is no one really knows anything about him still. It's all a mystery and half truths. His entire past before he was a junior senator "voting present', is a giant mystery that no one is sure of.

The press certainly didn't ask any questions...

If you make a complaint about this your a racist....

Old 05-03-2019, 09:59 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Why do lefties keep calling Obama black anyway? He was of mixed race. His mother was white. I couldn't care less the color of skin or race a president is it's all about the ability to lead and to deal with the problems and issue that face our country.
Because it's easier for them to yell racism at us if they claim him as a black guy. In their mind it sends a stronger message than us criticising a half white guy.
It's harder for them to try and silence us using the race card that way.

It's just another example of identity politics, controlling what's acceptable discussion and limiting criticism of their partys failures.

They can then hide behind their race shield.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:13 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Cheeto in chief? Exhibit A here again of the nasty left. Cruz has never denied that he was born in Canada to an American citizen mother and a Cuban father and that's why there was no peep. Obama however, denied that he was born in Kenya to a Kenyan father and an American citizen mother. Many people believed him and some didn't based on some evidence. As for me, I didn't care as his mother was an American so that made him an American also. The birther so-called parade ended long ago so why do you and yours feel the need to keep bringing it up except to use it as just another method to demonize Trump?
Oh please, the right has called Obama and his wife even nastier names than that. Obama was born in Hawaii. There was no evidence he was born elsewhere. And we all know that the only reason his birthplace was questioned and it wasn't because of his intelligence. Even your Dear leader jumped on the birther wagon train by sending a so called posse to Hawaii.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:18 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Supporting Black Lives Matter riots

2. Doing nothing over the race riots in Baltimore

3. Having many members of the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House

4. Intervening in local police matters that involved blacks, not whites

5. Supporting "Clock-med"- it turns out it was a scam

6. Support of sanctuary cities

7. Lack of enforcement of immigration laws

8. Ignoring traditional allies like Israel

9. Using "stimulus" funds predominantly in blue districts

10. Two far left Supreme Court Justices

11. Known Association with reverend Wright

12. Association with Farakhan and Sharpton- two vehement racists
I saw Regan do all these things as a Republican, just change black to white and done. Division started long ago, this was the first time white people saw what minorities have seen for decades. Oh well.

Btw how can one both be weak on immigration and be the “Deporter and Chief” as republicans called Obama.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Looked the other way as the walk up assassination of Police officers when on the increase.

Also...Even on CD we heard on here for years... If you disagree with, don't like or didn't vote for Obama the only reason why is because you are a Racist!.

Racist, Racist, Racist was the Democrat war cry of the last 10 years.

It still is.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:00 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Well the Cheeto in chief led the birther parade, yet when you have Ted Cruz, who actually was born outside the US to a Cuban father, nary a peep or word was said.
That is false.
Actually, during the campaign Trump had brought up that Cruz may not have been eligible because of where he had been born. Further back in the past, Trump pointed the "birther" finger at Mccain, too. Trump did not start the "birther" campaigns against Cruz, Mccain or Obama, they had all been started by others. A large part of why he may not have continued with "birtherism" against Mccain and Cruz is because they had lost, it would have made no sense to continue when they were out of the picture.

So, Trump went "birther" on three people, with two of them being white, too. Hmm, that kind of knocks a massive hole in the 'he is a racist because he is a birther' narrative, doesn't it.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:14 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Did black people invented the one drop rule, and if not who did and why? Have that legacy of the 20th century been totally wiped cleaned out of all people's mind. And it's not just the lefties, anybody looking like Obama would be called that word in a heartbeat, in many places around this country by the haters on the right. They wont be thinking about mixed race while calling him that.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:22 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Did black people invented the one drop rule, and if not who did and why? Have that legacy of the 20th century been totally wiped cleaned out of all people's mind. And it's not just the lefties, anybody looking like Obama would be called that word in a heartbeat, in many places around this country by the haters on the right. They wont be thinking about mixed race while calling him that.
I am biracial as well and here is how my dad explained it to me. When the police pull you over or you break down in no mans land South, what will people think you are when they see you. Because explaining who I am is rarly an option when dealing with ignorant others.

Besides white folks always claim the 1 drop rule to this day for all races and backgrounds. I have white family members with Coat of Arms from Ireland even though they are at most 5% Irish, and 95% American white (too mixed to pinpoint).

I bet there are many people on this board that call themselves Italian, or German decendant even though no one in their family has seen another country for over 100 years.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:37 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I am biracial as well and here is how my dad explained it to me. When the police pull you over or you break down in no mans land South, what will people think you are when they see you. Because explaining who I am is rarly an option when dealing with ignorant others.

Besides white folks always claim the 1 drop rule to this day for all races and backgrounds. I have white family members with Coat of Arms from Ireland even though they are at most 5% Irish, and 95% American white (too mixed to pinpoint).

I bet there are many people on this board that call themselves Italian, or German decendant even though no one in their family has seen another country for over 100 years.
Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies