Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:41 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Only one was an illegal alien from Haiti.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...831-story.html
One too many...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 07:53 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please share recent examples from this century...
This century? You'd seriously just write off anything that happened less than 20 years ago? Or did you actually mean within the last hundred years, because if that was your intent here ya go.

https://blackamericaweb.com/2018/04/...in-montgomery/

Others would seem to take issue with your complacency.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
To those reading this - Raise your hand if you think that those training at this camp were Alabama redneck white boys.
What training camp in Alabama?

Guy owned land. Thinking he used the land to live a double life, not necessarily a terrorist training camp.

Guy abducted his own 3 year old son and subsequently claimed the boy was possessed. He traveled with another guy and 3 women and 11 children, aged 1-15 to a remote area of NM. Reportedly, all were related by marriage or siblings. The children were is a state of starvation and dehydration, when the make shift camp was raided. The small travel trailer truck had been buried underground with no electricity, plumbing or water. 5 -11 firearms were found, depending on source.

The older children claim they were trained to use the firearms to protect the camp and attack schools. The women were questioned and released, then arrested. The children were taken into custody.

Partial remains of the 3 year old were found in the desert.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 05-13-2019 at 08:31 AM..

Old 05-13-2019, 07:55 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
My opinion:

The Older Koran written in Mecca is all about tolerance ,tranquility,spirituality and acceptance.
I have no problem with those wishing to worship as this religion is protected under our Constitution.
I am friends with families who practice its good teachings.
When a book is written with good words nothing can me misunderstood as being violent.
That is why many followers of religions of peace are and remain non violent.

The Newer ( Muhammad's) Koran written in Medina uphold teachings which are violent in nature.
This book is not promoting pacifism . It allows from time to time to take up arms in a just war.
Here lies the problem. Chapter 9 verse 5. I understand and take into account the historical
circumstances at the time of this revelation but unfortunately the nut jobs of today do not.

If too many weak minded people are being influenced by this Book into bringing
harm to others then it should be banned in the United States.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:

The Older Koran written in Mecca is all about tolerance ,tranquility,spirituality and acceptance.
I have no problem with those wishing to worship as this religion is protected under our Constitution.
When a book is written with good words nothing can me misunderstood as being violent.

The Newer ( Muhammad's) Koran written in Medina uphold teachings which are violent in nature.
This book is not promoting pacifism . It allows from time to time to take up arms in a just war.
Here lies the problem. Chapter 9 verse 5. I understand and take into account the historical
circumstances at the time of this revelation but unfortunately the nut jobs of today do not.

How can you say that, when our own country was founded in the way it was?!! Add to that, 99.9% of people celebrate the 'American revolution' as patriotism!

When in reality, it was actually a violent overthrow of an existing govt...colonists and others resorted to violence in order to overthrow the English monarchy.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This century? You'd seriously just write off anything that happened less than 20 years ago? Or did you actually mean within the last hundred years, because if that was your intent here ya go.

69 years ago? way to go, brusie

Old 05-13-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Only one was an illegal alien from Haiti.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...831-story.html
Jany Leville, a Haitian National and illegal resident, wife of Wahhaj ( born and raided in the US) has been described as the leader.

Reportedly she believed the kidnapped 3 year old would be resurrected as Jesus and provide the group with instruction to eliminate corrupt teachers, LE and banks.

The 11 children taken into custody were in states of starvation and dehydration.

The group squatted on private property, in the desert, 150 miles from Albuquerque. They had no electricity, plumbing or water.

Depending on source, 5-11 weapons were recovered.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:

2 Korans?

The Qur’an was reportedly revealed to the prophet Muhammad over 23 years. Muhammad was illiterate and dictated to up to 48 scribes, depending on scholar source. The Hadiths are remarks attributed to Mohammed. Fatwas are perpetual rulings issued by Imams.

Like all major organized religion, there are endless interpretations and brands within Islam.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:06 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.al.com/news/2019/05/repo...n-alabama.html

Seems to be the second such camp discovered here within USA.
Th!e malignancy spreads!

Old 05-13-2019, 09:36 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Do you really believe Alabama today resembles the early-mid 1900's?

The way his statement was presented, you would think those activities were continually occurring. If you substituted Al-Q for Alabama, then everyone would nod their heads in agreement because Al-Q types continually do those things. Alabama - we are talking 60-70 years ago since any of those atrocities happened on a regular basis.

He was definitely linking the past atrocities from back then to the terrorist camp today - which makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies