Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So if you worry about the babies of the pregnant women who were killed with bombs and drones how do you feel about the babies in America who are killed by sharp instruments and chemicals every single day hundreds of times a day?
It's unfortunate as well. But what do you expect me to do about it? Go to an abortion clinic and stand in the door way to block pregnant women from entering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 12:49 PM

291 posts, read 159,905 times
This girl is a victim in some ways. She's just been indoctrinated. She wasn't yelling and screaming, which is a nice change. This is just the result of years of indoctrination. I don't think this should mark her for life. Hopefully she learns and treats political opposition as fellow human beings. The "I can't believe you protect those people" is straight from the progressive textbook. Agree with me or you're sub-human.

You can have disagreements with others without dehumanizing them.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
This girl is a victim in some ways. She's just been indoctrinated. She wasn't yelling and screaming, which is a nice change. This is just the result of years of indoctrination. I don't think this should mark her for life. Hopefully she learns and treats political opposition as fellow human beings. The "I can't believe you protect those people" is straight from the progressive textbook. Agree with me or you're sub-human.

Yep. If someone disagrees with you, apparently you can steal from them and the cops should let you. That's her mindset.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:55 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Didn't even watch the video that's the subject of the thread, did we?
Yes, I did.

But i learned that jumping to conclusion from a video posted on the internet is not always productive. Just ask Hilary.

We saw what the maker of the video wanted to present. That may or may not be the whole story.

All I saw was her taking the sign and trying to dispose of it while talking with a cop. It's hard to believe any college student could be that clueless. but I'm not into mind reading.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:12 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post

It's a lot of whining. She should have just stood her ground and admitted she wanted to silence the protester and she stole the sign to dispose of it. She said she just "moved" it and then tried to shame the cop for enforcing the law. She's an entitled, lying b**ch. Lefties like her are such cowards.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:20 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,667 times
Quote:
How many leftists feel that, if they believe they are doing "right" according to whatever talking point someone announced that week, then normal laws don't apply to them?

Perhaps they are waiting for some Jim Comey lookalike to pop up and tell everybody that, yes, she committed a crime, but no prosecutor would ever charge her for it, therefore she shouldn't be held to account and can go free?

Or is she used to hearing from elected Congressmen that it's OK to harass people in restaurants if you disagree with them, protest noisily outside their homes, hassle them where they work, and that's OK?

I wonder if any of her college professors ever told her that if she stole things from pro-life people, she's contributing to "the greater good" or something, and that this made her a hero instead of a criminal?

Plenty of righties feel thets justifies the end. Harrassing clients entering clinics, throwing objects, even shooting or bombing.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Indeed. Saying someone WANTS to murder her child in the womb, is different from saying she HAS THE RIGHT to murder her child in the womb even if she doesn't want to commit the act right now.

Thanks for making that point. I understand now.

If we eliminate uncomfortable descriptions of a crime, there can be no crime.

To me it's semantics or definitions. Your definition of murder is not the same as it is to mine. And pro-.choice does not encompass only aborition. Even birth control is hotly debated in this country. I contend that pro -choice does not mean pro-abortion, it means keep your grubby mits off a woman's right to decide what she decides will happen with her own body.

Old 06-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Didn't this entire debate begin when God decided to have non consensual sex with an underage, teenage girl and got her pregnant?

Old 06-06-2019, 05:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
Didn't this entire debate begin when God decided to have non consensual sex with an underage, teenage girl and got her pregnant?
Actually you can be moral without being religious. Sad you don’t know that.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I wouldn't call any student doing that as "crazed." What did all of you do when you were younger? LOL.
I didn't go around stealing things from other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies