Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 02:37 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times

Advertisements

If it is true that joblessness is at an all time low then why do we have so many homeless? It's only the beginning folks. Under Trump over 7000 businesses have closed. The few businesses that have returned to the US or are startups are constructing highly automated factories employing very few people. Retails stores like Amazon, Walmart, etc., are going to completely automated checkout and have plans for automated stocking.
Secondly Trump has been shutting down social programs for adults as well as for children leaving them no other alternative other than begging.

The US is now becoming a third world country. You better get accustomed to seeing the homeless.
Better yet, under Trump, you may soon find yourself among their ranks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 07:33 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Under Trump over 7000 businesses have closed.
Interesting....because in 2011 575,000 businesses closed.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:37 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
If it is true that joblessness is at an all time low then why do we have so many homeless?

Really? Are you seriously asking this?

Let's see, 20-30 million ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS taking low paying (entry level) jobs and welfare that would otherwise go for mental services.

It isn't rocket science.

If politicians were honest, they aren't, you would be shocked at just how much they are costing taxpayers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the true number is well over $1T a year. Their kids will be citizens and will vote Dem. THAT is the truth.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's the legacy of democratic party corruption. 5 more years of Trump will transform unproductive bums (who were told to give up by dims) into contributing, productive members of society. Though NYC and the west coast will probably require a solid decade of republican control in order to get their problems under control.
So a problem that has existed for generations under Presidents of different political affiliations will be resolved in five years. We’re saved. Miracles do exist. Amazing.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:09 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
They are everywhere! Not just in cities, but even in nice suburban areas. Many shopping centers and near interstate always seem to have a homeless beggar. When did this start happening?
not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:52 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
This is more true than some people realize. Some are organized groups who drop people off at various shopping centers and street corners with their signs, and pick them up later in the day. The local news station did a story on them when video taping the activities from a distance.

Many of them look like they're fully capable of working, they look healthy and in the 20's & 30's age groups.

Others are clearly down & out, older guys with tattered clothes who don't look healthy enough to work. Many of them appear to suffer from years of drinking or drug abuse.

Quite a difference between the two groups.

In Arizona where I spend the winter it there are so many people on street corners panhandling it is quite alarming. On top of that there are people walking through parking lots. One woman probably about 60 asks for $5 because her power was shut off. Even has a bill with her. Problem is I have been approached by the same woman several times over the past year. Years ago when I worked in California this guy would have a gas can and ask for money because his car ran out of gas on the freeway. The 2nd or 3rd time he approached me I said either you are lying or you really need to watch that gas gauge. He said my brother does some gas scam and he looks a lot like me, but I really did run out of gas. I do give him points for creativity but no money.

Its hard to tell who is real. I have seen older people with crutches or in a wheelchair that seem legit. But I remember a Eddie Murphy movie where he did the wheelchair scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies