Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 09:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times

Advertisements

The amount of mass shootings that take place in LA is beyond belief, yet the liberal national media ignores it because they like to pretend that everything is.

With all the anti-2nd amendment laws why is this happening? After all the gangs, illegal alien drug trafficking syndicates all care about laws on the books.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...312-story.html

If the same thing happened in Chicago the media would be fixated on it, but yet wild-west LA gets a pass on their rampant, several time a week mass-shootings in a hopeless gang infested city.

609 people have lost their lives at the hands of others just in LA county the last year.

This is normal in LA:

May 18th shootout in crowded bar in very violent Long Beach strikes 5

https://abc7.com/woman-killed-5-hosp...h-bar/5306850/

May 14th gang shootout in LA hits four, including a very young child just in as many days after another young child was shot in in South LA

https://abc7.com/3-men-5-year-old-gi...-park/5300854/

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...509151961.html

April 27th gang shootout with multiple guns firing shots all over in Cypress Park section of LA which is an area with a large number of illegal aliens and gangs

https://ktla.com/2019/04/27/5-people...park-shooting/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 09:39 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
The really sad part is that there is an open race war going on down there, with Latino gangs not only shooting and terrorizing blacks, but in one instance, even fire-bombing them. Research it if you don't believe it.

Very sad stuff. I hope peace will come somehow.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:47 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Good thing the OP doesn’t live in LA. Texas must be pretty boring if people need to live vicariously though a state that they don’t even live in.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:48 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
Very diverse city. Blacks and Hispanics living in same areas. Great example of diversity.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:14 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The amount of mass shootings that take place in LA is beyond belief, yet the liberal national media ignores it because they like to pretend that everything is.

With all the anti-2nd amendment laws why is this happening? After all the gangs, illegal alien drug trafficking syndicates all care about laws on the books.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...312-story.html

If the same thing happened in Chicago the media would be fixated on it, but yet wild-west LA gets a pass on their rampant, several time a week mass-shootings in a hopeless gang infested city.

609 people have lost their lives at the hands of others just in LA county the last year.

This is normal in LA:

May 18th shootout in crowded bar in very violent Long Beach strikes 5

https://abc7.com/woman-killed-5-hosp...h-bar/5306850/

May 14th gang shootout in LA hits four, including a very young child just in as many days after another young child was shot in in South LA

https://abc7.com/3-men-5-year-old-gi...-park/5300854/

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...509151961.html

April 27th gang shootout with multiple guns firing shots all over in Cypress Park section of LA which is an area with a large number of illegal aliens and gangs

https://ktla.com/2019/04/27/5-people...park-shooting/

Mass shootings are only committed by racist minded, mentally disturbed White males with AR 15s dontcha know? These gang shootings don't qualify. I suppose that the left would have us believe all the gun control that denies honest citizens the right to arms in places like LA actually work and that LE is on top of the problem with the gangs too?

It's only a mass shooting if it can be used to further the gun ban agenda. These shootings that happen every single day multiple times a day can't be used to demonize White males who own AR 15s plus if people actually knew the truth it would undo all the leftists work they have put into creating this perception that honest and legal firearms owners are the big problem.

It amazes me that so many people have bought into this leftist lie.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:24 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The really sad part is that there is an open race war going on down there, with Latino gangs not only shooting and terrorizing blacks, but in one instance, even fire-bombing them. Research it if you don't believe it.

Very sad stuff. I hope peace will come somehow.
This is true but something that is often overlooked: a lot of Latinos and Blacks do despise each other.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:11 AM

These gang areas are out of control. Tens of thousands of rounds going downrange every day and people have to sand bag their windows. And the cops are just as much the enemy as the gangs are. Often they treat the honest people who live there just like they treat the gangs. And it's a crime to defend your home. But hey, lets talk about New Zealand or some lone nut job with a rifle and a FB page.

These gangs open fire with impunity and they care not who is between their target and their gun barrels. Children, Mothers and Fathers are being killed every day. These gangs are armed with serious hardware. They have full auto, explosives and destructive devices like grenades. And this stuff doesn't come from Cabelas. Nor is it stolen from citizens.

LE is armed like a forward deployed combat unit but if it actually comes to an engagement with aging it's two SUVs full of full auto against maybe two cops who don't want to engage. So the shooters more often than not are never touched. In the aftermath of one of these bloodbath lead storms all the cops do is bring the body bags and call the ME. LE is no help and no friend to the decent people who have to live in these areas.

And the politicians and the media are far more concerned about the AR 15 in my gun safe. That much of this gratuitous violence is racially motivated would be an inconvenient fact to the leftist gun control agenda as well as "mass shootings" are only supposed to be committed by White racists with semi auto weapons. That narrative feeds the "ban semi auto" agenda. Taking a hard look at these gang areas blows the "lets disarm the citizens" bit out of the water.

They did that and this current situation is the result. The whole only the cops and the military need firearms thing is shown to be an abject failure. It is in theory, this is the real deal. And again, these gangs are not using semi auto ARs. They are rolling with weapons stamped "US Property." That or weapons marked with Cyrillic writing. The days of the Saturday Night Special are ancient history.

And there's not a dan thing that can be done to disarm them short of turning our cities into Fallujah. But it would help if decent citizens could arm and organize. It has been shown with certainty that LE can't handle things. They spend more time arresting honest residents than they do on the actual criminals and the DA prosecutes with zeal whenever a Dad tries to protect his family and shoots back.

Still the politicians wring their hands and wail like banshees about my AR 15. The light need shined on this in a big way. People need to know who the bad guys really are.

Last edited by NVplumber; 05-19-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
These gang areas are out of control. Tens of thousands of rounds going downrange every day and people have to sand bag their windows. And the cops are just as much the enemy as the gangs are. Often they treat the honest people who live there just like they treat the gangs. And it's a crime to defend your home. But hey, lets talk about New Zealand or some lone nut job with a rifle and a FB page.
LA homicide rate is moderate. Better than Las Vegas or say Dallas TX. So no they are not suffering from out of control gun violence.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
LA homicide rate is moderate. Better than Las Vegas or say Dallas TX. So no they are not suffering from out of control gun violence.

I'm not talking about LA specifically. That's why I wrote "these gang areas" meaning lots of places besides LA. The gangs are hardly isolated to there. If you aggregate all the gang shootings across the country every day the round count is astronomical. And many of these shootings have heavy casualties.

Yet the problem goes largely ignored in favor of going after legal firearms ownership. None of the gang weapons are legal, not by a long shot, but the politicians and hoplophobes wail and wring their hands over people like me having a legally purchased and legitimately used AR 15.

All the while the gangs have full auto M4s, AKs, hi cap pistols like Glocks with extended magazines, and none of this stuff has any government paper trail. It's not uncommon for four or more people to be killed or wounded in some gang frackas and more often than not their intended target walks unscathed. They just open up and spray the area down.

The cops don't scare them, shooting cops is just incidental amusement. Now, looking at LA specifically with multiple gang related shootings every day by the standards applied to the country as a whole citing three or four "mass shootings" in a year as "out of control gun violence" they are indeed suffering. And looking at LA in comparison to my town reinforces that view.

The gangs aren't tolerated here. The Sheriff has gone on record with a zero tolerance and the citizens can and will shoot back if some gang decides to get stupid. It's only happened once to my memory and what was left of the would be shooters went to prison via the ER. But I digress.

Besides LA there are some serious hot spots across the country. Legal and legitimately owned and used firearms have been the legislative focus and that is just insane. But we legal firearms owners are the low hanging fruit.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm not talking about LA specifically. That's why I wrote "these gang areas" meaning lots of places besides LA. The gangs are hardly isolated to there. If you aggregate all the gang shootings across the country every day the round count is astronomical. And many of these shootings have heavy casualties.

Yet the problem goes largely ignored in favor of going after legal firearms ownership. None of the gang weapons are legal, not by a long shot, but the politicians and hoplophobes wail and wring their hands over people like me having a legally purchased and legitimately used AR 15.

All the while the gangs have full auto M4s, AKs, hi cap pistols like Glocks with extended magazines, and none of this stuff has any government paper trail. It's not uncommon for four or more people to be killed or wounded in some gang frackas and more often than not their intended target walks unscathed. They just open up and spray the area down.

The cops don't scare them, shooting cops is just incidental amusement. Now, looking at LA specifically with multiple gang related shootings every day by the standards applied to the country as a whole citing three or four "mass shootings" in a year as "out of control gun violence" they are indeed suffering. And looking at LA in comparison to my town reinforces that view.

The gangs aren't tolerated here. The Sheriff has gone on record with a zero tolerance and the citizens can and will shoot back if some gang decides to get stupid. It's only happened once to my memory and what was left of the would be shooters went to prison via the ER. But I digress.

Besides LA there are some serious hot spots across the country. Legal and legitimately owned and used firearms have been the legislative focus and that is just insane. But we legal firearms owners are the low hanging fruit.
The major source of gang weapons is weapons stolen from the law abiding citizen. If we could cut the weapons population by an order of magnitude or two It would significantly reduce the availability of guns to gang members.

I continue to support the 2nd amendment right for the law abiding to carry including concealed. That however is because I see no likelihood of any real attempt to limit arms realistically. And if the bad guys have guns so should the good guys. I have no particular problem with bans on such things as the AR15. It does have uses but it is primarily a design to use to kill people s was so aptly demonstrted at Mandalay Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies