Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 03:09 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, consenting to sex is not consenting to pregnancy.
To a practicing Catholic woman it absolutely is. Which is why it's so important to get religion the hell out of our politics.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:13 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.

What's the difference between being pro choice and pro abortion?

Sounds like you're splitting political hairs to me..

Old 05-18-2019, 03:15 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11luke1 View Post
Sameways after the women has the unwanted child its "goodluck".
Nope. Not at all. That's a myth. A number of pregnancy crises centers in my area as well as homes for young single moms proves that support both MOTHERS and BABIES.

Not ever, ever, never seen a prochoice-supported pregnancy center or prochoice-funded home for young, single moms.

Lots of funding to abortions though, with no care whatsoever for the mother afterward. And of course the baby is killed.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
And yet 3% of their business is abortions. Seems like not a big money maker.
That has been disproved again and again. Sigh. Facts.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:19 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There’s the rub. Pro-lifers believe that a fetus is a real person with rights. They don’t accept the premise that a fetus is just part of the woman’s body.

If you can convince pro-lifers that a fetus is not actually a person, they won’t have any reason to oppose abortion anymore. Unfortunately, you will probably have difficulty, because *religion* is usually the basis for their belief that a fetus is a person.

I used to be pro-life myself, until I left religion. Then I realized that it was kind of silly to believe that a fetus was a person. Now I’m mostly pro-choice.

I'm not particularly religious.

But I don't buy the whole "fetus is just part of the woman's body" schtick.

It is a separate entity.

A separate being growing inside the woman's body.......it is not an appendage or a growth to be removed like a cancer.

It is a small, helpless human being that you created..

Even if it's creation was unintentional, it is still your responsibility.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
No, consenting to sex is not consenting to pregnancy.
Yes. It is. If you have sex, you just may get pregnant. To pretend like it's not gonna ever happen to anyone is just astoundingly naive.

Babies are a possible outcome of sex. You do know that, right?

That sex can cause babies? Please tell me you understand that. Seriously.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They call it "pro-life" because it sounds better than "anti-woman" which it is their true agenda.
Considering that the abortion rate is going down, not up, I think it's got to be more about being against women's rights than abortion itself.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:23 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,942,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Women should be able to make choices about what happens to their bodies.
It's not just about the woman's body, its about the child's life as well. Yes I consider that child every bit a human as myself because that is what my religion teaches and yes my religion guides my vote and nobody can do a thing about that. The Bible is clear about this.

For me what PP does is morally no different than taking a gun and shooting a toddler in the head.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:23 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,713,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
We have many, many adoptions in our family. I was one of the accidents, I'm glad my teen parents didn't kill me. We have many friends who have adopted, fostered, and adopted out of foster care. Three of my grandchildren are from foster care and they all have special needs because of druggie parents.

I have ten grandchildren in total, several others we lost due to miscarriages. Those babies were babies the instant the test strip changed color and they were babies weeks later when they died. The only difference between those babies and the ones people call clumps of cells is that they were wanted. My son in law fainted with grief when their second son didn't make it through the pregnancy.

I know many women still hoping to get pregnant or adopt.

I am pro life, more pro life the older I get. And because I am involved in communities where it's normal for people to adopt and foster, the only other choice I would be for is adoption.
Adopted children are treasures. I also have a grandchild who is adopted, but suggesting that adoption is a viable alternative to ending an unwanted pregnancy implies that the only reason a woman would want to get an abortion is to avoid raising a child, and that isn't the case. Depending on the circumstances, the mere act of having a child in a hospital can cost between $5,000 and $37,000 in the United States.

Giving birth is dangerous, too: In the United States, pregnancy complications are the sixth most common cause of death for women between the ages of 20 and 34.

Even before birth, there are costs to pregnancy. In addition to the whole "carrying another human being around in your body for nine months" thing, many women, particularly teens, are shunned and shamed for their pregnancies — not only by friends, families, employers, and classmates, but also by advertisements on their buses and in their churches. There's also the risk of violent retribution from abusive partners and parents.

There are a lot of reasons a woman might seek an abortion. Adoption doesn't address all of them.

People who are pro-choice believe that women have the basic human right to decide when and whether to have children, based on their own moral and religious beliefs, even though they themselves may not choose abortion as an option for an unplanned pregnancy.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
PP is a business that makes money off of abortion. Sure they'll say what they need to so they can try and cover up their dirty deeds.
If abortion is such a big money making business, then why don't all Planned Parenthood Clinics offer abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies