Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 11:57 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,850,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, you believe there are "little women" inside of women? Yeah, you really have no business making choices for women.
The females grow into women if not murdered.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Some costs probably do scale, especially if you have the kids close in age and/or same gender/size.

But overall:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insu...ising-a-child/

$260K just for the bare minimum for 1 kid. And let's be real, any decent parent is going to want to enroll their kid in music/dance lessons, tutoring, SAT prep, and educational summer/day camps, foreign language lessons, as well as take them travelling abroad to broaden their minds. They'll also want toys, laptops, smartphones, bicycles, proper gear if they play sports, musical instruments, plenty of books, etc.

Not to mention, saving up so they can attend university.

Sure it's possible to raise children cheaply, but not if you don't have all the time in the world to live like the Amish or if you care about giving your children an edge to compete in the world.
You must live in a wealthy area or know a lot of families that are tremendously in debt. What is the salary for these families? $150K?

The figure is to age 18. It doesn't include college.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And it is not...ever. Your attitude does indeed reveal that you believe that if a woman has sex she has to pay the consequences.

I repeat: this has everything to do with judging a woman's behavior, and nothing to do with the value of life.
If a woman has sex and gets pregnant, the baby should pay the consequences by dying a horrible death?

Old 05-18-2019, 12:00 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,714,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Motherhood is not a punishment. Seeing children as weapons of torture, as you clearly have pointed out in your post, is a psycho- and socio-pathic viewpoint.

You cannot talk about the value of life if you believe in abortion. Because a belief in abortion shows that there is no value to life. And babies are for killing.

That's where your viewpoint is corrupt and falls completely off the rails from the start.

PS. Yes, mothers are responsible for raising their own children. That's not news.
To borrow your phrase, your viewpoint falls completely off the rails from the start when your position is based on the fallacy that a clump of cells is a life. Personhood at conception is a religious belief, not a provable biological fact.

My dear, You are in pretend world. You see motherhood as a punishment to those who have the tragic misfortune of an unplanned pregnancy and for engaging in sex.

Don't lecture those of us who truly value genuine life by twisting my words. You know darn well that pro-choice means a belief that women have the basic human right to decide when and whether to have children, based on their own moral and religious beliefs, even though they themselves may not choose abortion as an option for an unplanned pregnancy.

Anti-choice people believe women's bodies, rights, and health should be subordinated to the protection of embryos.

Anti-choice people often call themselves “pro-life.” But the only existence they are concerned with is a fertilized egg, embryo, or fetus. They are much less concerned about the life of women who have unintended pregnancies or the welfare of children after they are born. In fact, many anti-choice people who call themselves “pro-life” support capital punishment and oppose child welfare legislation.

Most anti-choice and anti-women's rights crusaders and so called pro-lifers have vindictive, self-righteous attitudes that stem from a belief that sex is bad and must be punished. They sanctimoniously call themselves pro-life with no respect for the real living and breathing human woman. Motherhood should never be punishment for having sex. Forcing a child to be born to punish its mother is the ultimate in child abuse. Those so called pro-lifers trivialize motherhood and childbirth by dismissing pregnancy as a mere inconvenience. Many ignore or belittle the needs of the woman and the conflict she endures in making her decision.

So if being pro-women's health and advocating to uphold the right to reproductive autonomy and my belief in equal civil rights, for you and me, makes me a corrupt socio-psychopath, I suggest you watch out for nose-bleeds up there on your vindictive, self-righteous high horse.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-18-2019 at 12:35 PM..

Old 05-18-2019, 12:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you realize that over half of the women that get an abortion were using BC?
Yes. I've quoted that figure before, many, many times. You probably heard it from me. /shrug/

And I have 3 questions to hose who claimed to use BC:
Did they lie to the abortion clinic and in reality did NOT use BC?
How many methods of BC did they use?
Did they use the methods properly?

It also means 50% do not use ANYTHING.

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yes.

That's why killing someone else because you feel like it is wrong.

Abortion is the equivalent -- to use your completely offbase comparison -- of stabbing someone to death AFTER you've run them over with your car.

That's abortion.
Not allowing another to use my body as life support is not killing them. It is my decision how my body is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It very well could be for many. Poor women who can't afford more children, women living in abusive relationships, women who were raped, women who are ill equipped to raise a child.

You don't speak for all women. Even though you consistently think you should be able to.
Nor do you. Many poor women and men love, protect, feed, clothe their children. They don't have to have Iphones, sports cars and bling to be considered taken care of.

You are speaking your own version of reality which is the exception, not the rule.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
LOL. This is the dumbest anti choice argument I’ve ever heard. And the competition has been stiff.
But a good pro life one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not allowing another to use my body as life support is not killing them. It is my decision how my body is used.

So a male can use your body but an innocent baby who is half the male's baby isn't worthy? And yes, it is killing a life.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Nor do you. Many poor women and men love, protect, feed, clothe their children. They don't have to have Iphones, sports cars and bling to be considered taken care of.
And I will not try to tell them to do otherwise. Unlike you. See, that's what choice is all about.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
If a woman has sex and gets pregnant, the baby should pay the consequences by dying a horrible death?
What do you consider a horrible death?

Medical abortions consist of taking one pill that stops hormone production in the woman needed for a fetus to
survive. Then a second pill to cause the uterine lining to release and flush out. What comes out looks like a heavy period. Early surgical abortions use the same first medication, the suction to remove the uterine lining. That accounts for about 98% of abortions. The remaining are generally for fetal anomalies, or maternal health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies