Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 12:28 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,814,937 times

Advertisements

1) Because they're ignorant. 2) Because they can get away with it if no one contradicts them.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:29 PM

7,418 posts, read 2,727,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again: Killing someone because you feel like it, is wrong.

I am not religious. That religious stuff? Doesn't refute my statements.

I am not twisting anyone's words: Prochoice = proabortion = killing babies.

Getting pregnant from sex is not punishment. It's what happens. It's a possible result of the behavior. And if you don't understand that, I really don't know what to tell you. Motherhood is not punishment and children aren't weapons of torture.

If you don't like those facts, re-examine your belief system. The current belief system you are promoting is troubling beyond words in many, many ways. Seriously disturbed. Activating ignore feature. /shrug/
There is no scientific consensus as to when human life begins. It is a matter of philosophic opinion or religious belief. Human life is a continuum---sperm and eggs are also alive, and represent potential human beings, but virtually all sperm and eggs are wasted. Also, two-thirds of human conceptions are spontaneously aborted by nature.

An embryo or a fetus is not a someone. It is not a baby and it is not a person and it is not alive. This is the false premise for your position that allows you to rationalize that you be the sole arbiter of what another real person's life should look like and be.

Margaret Sanger said, "No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her own body." This concept is fundamental for women. Bearing a child alters a woman's life more than anything else. Other women's rights are hollow if women are forced to be mothers.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,178,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Inmates who have raped and or murdered children, women or men.

They CHOSE to rape and murder knowing the consequence if caught.

The baby didn't choose anything. That choice was made for them.
The baby also doesn't choose to be born, so if we're talking about the baby's choice, the baby never has the choice no matter what.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,864,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
1) Because they're ignorant. 2) Because they can get away with it if no one contradicts them.
I do believe that there are women who are ignorant of what an abortion really is after watching the interview with Abby Johnson.

I used to believe that ALL women knew how horrible a death abortion is for the baby. Now I realize that some don't and they can't make a real choice if they don't have the facts.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:34 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,864,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The baby also doesn't choose to be born, so if we're talking about the baby's choice, the baby never has the choice no matter what.
It is sad that anyone would argue for the right to take the life of babies. It really is.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:34 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,781,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We're not.

We're pro-choice.

They are anti-choice.

Don't get it twisted.
I thought you were pro death. you anti-lifers are comical. pro choice, except when it comes with anything that has to do with a man.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Yes. I've quoted that figure before, many, many times. You probably heard it from me. /shrug/

And I have 3 questions to hose who claimed to use BC:
Did they lie to the abortion clinic and in reality did NOT use BC?
How many methods of BC did they use?
Did they use the methods properly?

It also means 50% do not use ANYTHING.
And once again, you're saying that, by merely choosing to have sex — with or without protection — a woman becomes responsible for having a child. And that's a belief that has everything to do with judging a woman's behavior, and nothing to do with the value of life.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
It is sad that anyone would argue for the right to take the life of babies. It really is.
And again no one is taking the life or advocating for taking the life of babies. A fetus and an embryo are not babies.

Frankly it is tragic that anyone wants fetal rights enshrined in law so women's bodies, rights, and health could be subordinated to the protection of embryos.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,272,827 times
Quote:
The babies are ripped limb from limb in the womb.

Go watch a video of a former PP employee, there are many and LISTEN to them describe what happens in abortion clinics. Go look at pictures of abortions.

Then come back and tell everyone how peaceful it is.
There is no ripping when it is done via medication. The pills cause the womans body to stop producing hormones that are needed for fetal development, and then another pill causes uterine lining to flush out.

Or are you talking about post 20 week abortions that are almost exclusively done in the case of maternal health or fetal anomaly?

Old 05-18-2019, 12:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,272,827 times
Quote:
This abortion supporter, abortion clinic, women's rights supporter thought so too. Until....
Abby Johnson who was a PP supporter until she was fired then suddenly remembered how she saw "something" a while back and now is against it?

Disgruntled former employee who found a meal ticket for the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies