Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2019, 01:40 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,791,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
And that is exactly why the left despises Trump he is not a puppet nor a typical politician.
It's not just left wing people who don't like Trump. There are conservatives that don't like him either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 01:41 PM

2,828 posts, read 828,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
It's pretty easy to tell, though. The clothes, the demeanor, the language used are all good indicators.
Wouldn't that be stereotyping?

Old 05-25-2019, 01:41 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,189,488 times
[quote=Fleur123;55265236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Business isn't about respect. It is about profit. Both liberals and conservatives need profits, whether the opportunity to play savior or the opportunity to win big cash.
/QUOTE]

True. But there is a big difference here: Republicans are openly pro-business. We (I include myself in the GOP) want businesses - big and small - to prosper, and we believe that a strong economy ultimately benefits the bulk of society. It doesn't matter to us whether the business owner is white, hispanic, black, or purple - we want him or her to prosper.

Democrats are openly pro-people. This sounds good. But in order for people to have good lives, you need to have a good economy to support it. Plus, over the last decade or two, Democrats have been increasingly dividing people by race. Instead of focusing on real-life issues such as making abortion available for poorer women (in some states, there is only 1 abortion clinic in the entire state), they went in a frenzy about LGBT-***** and identity politics, creating further division in American society.

Perhaps the pronoun "we" doesn't work here. Some business owners have made it very clear who they will and will not cater to and that is their right, isn't it? Sure, strong economy overall, but when it comes down to business owners dealing with people on a personal level, things become more complex.

No, not just democrats divide people by race, people, governments, countries, and continents divide people by race. If it isn't all that important, hardly anyone would be discussing it, and there never would have been endless studies, neighborhoods, and laws in place to enforce racial differences.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have something more current:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4d0f4f155aa0

https://www.epi.org/blog/before-the-...-unemployment/

https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...521-story.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pedroda...laying-a-role/

Like I said before, I asked you to refute. I can come up with more proof that Black unemployment went up between late 2018 and now. Blacks aren't benefiting much at all under Trump.
The stats I have read says black unemployment is down, so who do we believe?

Old 05-25-2019, 01:43 PM

927 posts, read 419,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Yep, this thread is the best proof as why there should be nil bit of trust between blacks and whites. You have to figure that both sides are best keeping their distance for their own good, especially since having no clue as to which ones are good or bad for you on any side.

I beg to disagree. In pretty much every big city, there is at least one quality neighborhood that is racially diverse. For example, in Birmingham, AL, there is Southside - Five Points South. IMO, these are the nicest neighborhoods. If you live only among your own, then you fail to experience society as a whole.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Well, you've shown me you have a disdain for Blacks by the posts you've made. I think you can tell the difference between a hood rat and a decent Black person. You just choose to be bigoted in your mentality. And because your posts come from that mentality, the only conclusion is that you are here to complain about Black people. Until you personally can show me otherwise, then that is what I see coming from you. And I have thought about this. Your username is Pgh guy. Pittsburgh. And what I'm saying, I don't think negatively of all people from the PGH region. I'm just befuddled. On city-data, I've noticed a high proportion of bigoted persons with an anti-Black mentality coming from that region. No, I don't think all Pittsburgh natives are like that. I'm kind of befuddled though.
I am 65 yrs old and am playing it safe. As I said, I could care less what you think.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
The stats I have read says black unemployment is down, so who do we believe?
And the more recent links I looked up say the opposite. Your first two links were quite outdated.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I am 65 yrs old and am playing it safe. As I said, I could care less what you think.
If you're coming here to complain about Black people, you obviously care. If you have a disdain for Blacks, then you shouldn't care if they have jobs or not. You came here for a reason.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
And the more recent links I looked up say the opposite. Your first two links were quite outdated.
Accomplishments are accomplishments, date doesn't matter.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Barack Obama Worse President Than Bush, Nixon, Poll Says | Time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies