Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Someones catching on. All the wrong policies at all the wrong times, destined to cause a collapse. People are being had and they don't even realize it. I got my savings and debt paid off. I'll be fine, just not those with their heads in the sand.
Name the policy then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 12:23 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
You know what, that is actually a revelation.

What happened to liberals? They used to be the level headed, working man, rights protecting, logical ones.

Now? They have become insane. Rooting for failure. WTH happened?

Another failed attempt to sound like you know what you're talking about.
Tariffs are paid by the exporters. Jeez, read a book! You know, those things made of paper with print on them. The ones with pictures only on the covers and diagrams and charts inside are the best.

WOW!
I can't even tell you how dumb that is. It's mind-numbing.

You have been eating sand for over two years.

GUESS WHAT! I didn't vote for Trump, but I sure have benefitted by him. My family and my finances are the only things I care about! So suck it!
Quote:
You are, not me. Facts matter bro. Not your Master God Trump's tweets or feelings.
Curious how you simply ignored the facts you do not wish to face.

How on earth did you get it so wrong over the last few years? I'd have a hard time coming to grips with reality if I didn't live in it myself.

Do facts blow up your premise, or what!

That wasn't a question, just in case statements and questions are too hard to differentiate between.

You really need to get a grip and let go of the hate. You are in the 20% and act as if you know better than 80% of people. Even in this dysfunctional place, you are a minority.

THAT is the definition of insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Nothing to do with tax cuts. Stop the handouts. Including the tariffs and subsidizing handouts.
We agree on most things. The tariffs are paid by exporters. If the importers raise their prices then screw them! Buy "Made in the USA!" It's that simple. If it becomes more economical to build in the US, it will become just that, then we will take back our manufacturing very quickly. We have been doing just that.

People simply do not understand how manufacturing and transport logistics work.

Last edited by Originalist; 05-25-2019 at 12:37 AM..

Old 05-25-2019, 08:33 AM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
..................Yada-yada-yada.....So suck it!
On ignore.
You may be "debating" within the rules of the forum, but you are not within my standards. I am embarrassed that a fellow Trump supporter cannot express himself more succinctly.

Old 05-25-2019, 09:31 AM

59,109 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Wow. Recession a year ahead. I thank Trump for his stimulating tax cuts.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/T10Y3M
Has the fed EVER predicted anything correctly?

Old 05-25-2019, 09:59 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Has the fed EVER predicted anything correctly?
This is not the FED predicting anything. This is the BOND MARKET warning of a possible upcoming recession.

Pioneer of Yield-Curve Recession Indicator Says Don't Relax Yet
Quote:
Harvey, a finance professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and senior adviser at Research Affiliates, is experiencing no such equivocation. His original analysis at the University of Chicago in 1986 identified the three-month to five-year spread as the relevant indicator on the curve. His work shows it needs to stay negative for a full quarter to reliably predict a recession. Harvey says this metric predicted the slumps of 1991, 2000-2001 and 2008, and has given no false signals. And those who’ve relaxed, or even bounded into fresh trades since broader sections of the yield curve have begun to steepen, should take note: This one has been inverted since March 12.
Treasury yields can be found here:
https://www.cnbc.com/us-treasurys/

As I write this, the yield on the 3-month is 2.349%. And the yield on the 5-year is 2.122%. That is, the shorter-term yield is higher than the longer-term yield. That means it's inverted, and it has been that way since March 12. And those are precisely the two bond durations Mr Harvey was talking about.

1 quarter = 3 months. 3 months from March 12 would be June 12. So, as I said earlier, if mid-June hits and the yield on the 5-year is still lower than the 3-month, then the bond market will be predicting a recession in the near future (usually within a year or two).

Old 05-26-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is not the FED predicting anything. This is the BOND MARKET warning of a possible upcoming recession.

Pioneer of Yield-Curve Recession Indicator Says Don't Relax Yet

https://www.cnbc.com/us-treasurys/

As I write this, the yield on the 3-month is 2.349%. And the yield on the 5-year is 2.122%. That is, the shorter-term yield is higher than the longer-term yield. That means it's inverted, and it has been that way since March 12. And those are precisely the two bond durations Mr Harvey was talking about.

1 quarter = 3 months. 3 months from March 12 would be June 12. So, as I said earlier, if mid-June hits and the yield on the 5-year is still lower than the 3-month, then the bond market will be predicting a recession in the near future (usually within a year or two).

What I responded to was the article included in the post which is from the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK in St. Louis,

Try to keep up!

Old 05-26-2019, 06:04 AM

11,349 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Finally, something we have been wishing for since 11/8/2016!

Please god, let the economy crash like it’s the last day of humanity.

Then we finally got Trump!
Why would you wish for the economy to drop as it will hurt millions of people just because you hate President Trump.

I'd say more about you but I could get banned.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:02 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What I responded to was the article included in the post which is from the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK in St. Louis,

Try to keep up!
Did you even click on the link you were referring to? Obviously you didn't. That link from the St Louis Federal Reserve has absolutely nothing to do with any prediction. It is a website that contains troves of data, which are charted, and that particular link shows a chart graphing the yield spread between the 10-year and 3-month treasuries. If you had clicked on the link, you would have discovered that. So go ahead, click on the link. It won't bite.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:07 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
You have posted this a few times. Last month I believe.

Whatever, yea were headed into a gigantic recession even though there are no bubbles other than student debt. I responded to your last thread with a well rounded and reasoned response. It went ignored, so yea. Go to sleep hoping there will be a massive recession proving another financial model to be correct like a broken watch.

Me, I'll remain spread invested in blue-chip equities with decent dividends, high yield IRAs (wife and myself), metals, and some cash. I also have 6 months worth of food storage, so I'm good.

Cheers
Depending on where you are in New York, maybe not. If you live in the boroughs it will be a murder hole if and when the SHTF, which I'm sure you know is on it's way at some point if you're the type of person to have 6 months worth of food.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did you even click on the link you were referring to? Obviously you didn't. That link from the St Louis Federal Reserve has absolutely nothing to do with any prediction. It is a website that contains troves of data, which are charted, and that particular link shows a chart graphing the yield spread between the 10-year and 3-month treasuries. If you had clicked on the link, you would have discovered that. So go ahead, click on the link. It won't bite.
I was NOT the originator of the article. If you have problem with it, go the POSTER who did.

Hell, you can't even attack the right people and want us to give you credibility! Ain't gonna happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies