Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2019, 09:40 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times

Advertisements

Exactly. Barr is just another Trump sycophant. Mueller said he is unable to make a determination regarding Trump's innocence OR guilt.

Mueller, in First Comments on Russia Inquiry, Declines to Clear Trump https://nyti.ms/2KapwS0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 09:41 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Exactly. Remember his podium? No collusion. Well from the horses mouth the President was NOT cleared and there wasn’t an option to charge him in the investigation.

So we can’t find you not guilty of the crime and we couldn’t charge you even if so.

Not good for Trump
So in the US, you have to prove you didn’t commit a crime you haven’t been charged of? When did that happen?

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
The Russians Mueller indicted officially have more rights than Trump.

At least they’re assumed innocent until guilty in a court. Trump is guilty until he somehow proves himself innocent of every accusation in your dossier you refuse to answer questions about.

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Can't quite believe what I'm watching on Fox news here.
They're all saying this is bad news for the President.
(apart from Newt Gingrich who fell over his own feet trying to convince himself of Trumps innocence).

Is the tide finally turning on Trump?
When Fox turns on him you know it's bad.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:42 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
So apparently he thinks the President might have committed a crime, they just can't find it.

After such an extensive investigation, do members of Congress feel they can find it? That's apparently what they are expecting to do. Boy I wonder how long they'll spend on it. Until just before the 2020 election? That should be quite interesting.
He can’t find it? He listed 10 episodes, he simply stated today that he cannot make a decision either way as he’s bound by the OLC opinion AND he cannot make a determination on someone who may not be able to defend themselves in court.

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Wrong. He was not charged because he found no evidence he committed any crime. That’s the standard we operate in Americ a
Can you point to the portion of the report that states that?

Can you provide a transcript of Mueller's statement this morning and point to the part where he states that?

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I think he just wanted to get out in front of everything to avoid being used as a political pawn. "All I'm going to say is in the report". Shaky voice....didn't expect that.

The "the investigation was very important and needed to respond to very serious allegations" seems to be a comment to the whacky rights conspiracy theories.
His body language said a lot and we are not talking much about that.

Then again, I don't suppose many people notice such things. When he walked away he was hunched over.....

My take? Well, that's a long story. I truly think people like Mueller help make this country great...and that comes from a 60's hippie who wouldn't have served unless really forced.....

Just that I realize it takes all types...and he is honorable although a member of the Establishment.

The old saying "a penny for your thoughts".....wow, would I like to hear those of Muelller. I suspect part of him is thinking "my entire life was spent doing the Right Thing or what I perceived as such and yet here I am in the employ of Donald Trump reading what he told me to".

Old 05-29-2019, 09:44 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"If we had confidence that the President did not commit a crime we would have said so."

Special Counsel Mueller

It's time for Congress to do their job and not worry about political implications and impeach Donald Trump!

Old 05-29-2019, 09:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Russians Mueller indicted officially have more rights than Trump.

At least they’re assumed innocent until guilty in a court. Trump is guilty until he somehow proves himself innocent of every accusation in your dossier you refuse to answer questions about.
If you feel this way can you convince the senate GOP to Impeach (you know, actually say they would vote to do so if the evidence points) and then we can all actually listen to the evidence?

Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
His body language said a lot and we are not talking much about that.

Then again, I don't suppose many people notice such things. When he walked away he was hunched over.....

My take? Well, that's a long story. I truly think people like Mueller help make this country great...and that comes from a 60's hippie who wouldn't have served unless really forced.....

Just that I realize it takes all types...and he is honorable although a member of the Establishment.

The old saying "a penny for your thoughts".....wow, would I like to hear those of Muelller. I suspect part of him is thinking "my entire life was spent doing the Right Thing or what I perceived as such and yet here I am in the employ of Donald Trump reading what he told me to".
I agree with much of that, except there's no way Trump would've ever allowed to read the statement he just made. That was really bad for Trump. Mueller was restrained by doing the right thing based on current laws, policies and his own discipline to adhere to them. I respect him for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies