Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
You know he doesn’t you and the others won’t admit it is all. The man can’t stay on topic for more then five minutes.And while I disliked Obama he was a much better president Trump is and will ever be. It’s not a race card it’s fact.

Sure he does....because the media you watch does not show it, does not mean it is not...

Yes, that's all you have, the race card or you never would have thrown it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 07:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Mueller to speak about his Report

The Mueller report shows Trump knew of the Russian efforts to help his campaign, and there were more than 140 direct contacts between the Trump campaign (at many levels from the middle range to the very top of the campaign structure) and Russian operatives or Russian government officials. So there's that ...

The Mueller report shows at least ten cases of obstruction of justice by Trump personally. The Russian crimes are an indisputable fact, the Trump cover up of the Russian crimes is detailed in the Mueller report (a fact Mueller reiterates in his public statement this thread is about). This begs the question: 'why did Trump cover up (or try to cover up) the crimes of a foreign power?' What motive has he to protect that foreign power?

Beyond that, there is the question of why did Trump try to do an end run around congress and unilaterally try to lift the sanctions on Russia in his very first days in office? <<< an indisputable fact

In this republic we the citizens have a right to answers to those questions.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Mueller to speak about his Report

The Mueller report shows Trump knew of the Russian efforts to help his campaign, and there were more than 140 direct contacts between the Trump campaign (at many levels from the middle range to the very top of the campaign structure) and Russian operatives or Russian government officials. So there's that ...

Quote:

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit U.S. Department of Justice Atterttey Werk Predttet // Ma~· Cetttaitt Material Prnteeted Uttder Fed. R. Criffl. P. 6(e) electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.

Page 1 and 2 of the Mueller report.....you should read it sometime....it'll do you good....

Quote:
The Mueller report shows at least ten cases of obstruction of justice by Trump personally. The Russian crimes are an indisputable fact, the Trump cover up of the Russian crimes is detailed in the Mueller report (a fact Mueller reiterates in his public statement this thread is about). This begs the question: 'why did Trump cover up (or try to cover up) the crimes of a foreign power?' What motive has he to protect that foreign power?.

Suspected obstruction....although it appears you love guilty until proven innocent....

Quote:
Beyond that, there is the question of why did Trump try to do an end run around congress and unilaterally try to lift the sanctions on Russia in his very first days in office? <<< an indisputable fact

In this republic we the citizens have a right to answers to those questions.

All, question, just not those you agree with...that includes all these investigate the investigator....

Old 06-19-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Page 1 and 2 of the Mueller report.....you should read it sometime....it'll do you good....

the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated
I did not make any claim that they coordinated efforts with the Russians. I clearly stated that they were aware of what the Russians were doing (an indisputable fact), because the Russians made sure they knew it. The Trump campaign knew the Russians were helping and welcomed the help.

There is only that strange (and still unexplained) case of the chairman of the Trump campaign giving ... in person ... dozens of pages of private Republican polling data of important swing states to a Russian operative. Perhaps you have an explanation for that you could share here ...

Quote:

Suspected obstruction....although it appears you love guilty until proven innocent....
Tell that to Trump, he has been chanting 'lock her up' for a long time, and promoted hoaxes like the 'birther' lie. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Trump will be judged in the same manner as he judges others.

The incidents related in the Mueller report would be chargeable against him if he were not president.

Any other citizen would be charged. To think one is guilty is the considered opinion any prosecutor would need to arrive at before they opened a case against you or I and made charges in a court of law. I am also saying that no man is above the law and Trump should be charged and made to answer for himself. He and his minions have been claiming 'case closed' but we are far from that, case open.

The accused can be regarded as innocent unless or until a trial proves them otherwise. All are entitled to that.

Trump has never been exonerated from these crimes (Mueller himself did say he would have done so if the evidence were different, but he could not), I am in favor of giving Trump his day in court so that he has an opportunity to clear his name, or otherwise face the consequences for his crimes.

Old 06-19-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I did not make any claim that they coordinated efforts with the Russians. I clearly stated that they were aware of what the Russians were doing (an indisputable fact), because the Russians made sure they knew it. The Trump campaign knew the Russians were helping and welcomed the help.

There is only that strange case of the chairman of the Trump campaign giving ... in person ... dozens of pages of private Republican polling data to a Russian operative. Perhaps you have an explanation for that you could share here ....

So, where is the crime then...oh, you're mad....got it...

Quote:
Tell that to Trump, he has been chanting 'lock her up' for a long time, and promoted hoaxes like the 'birther' lie. Those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Trump will be judged in the same manner as he judges others.

The incidents related in the Mueller report would be chargeable against him if he were not president.

Any other citizen would be charged. To think one is guilty is the considered opinion any prosecutor would need to arrive at before they opened a case against you or I and made charges in a court of law. I am also saying that no man is above the law and Trump should be charged and made to answer for himself. He and his minions have been claiming 'case closed' but we are far from that, case open.

The accused can be regarded as innocent unless or until a trial proves them otherwise. All are entitled to that.

Trump has never been exonerated from these crimes (Mueller himself did say he would have done so if the evidence were different, but he could not), I am in favor of giving Trump his day in court so that he has an opportunity to clear his name, or otherwise face the consequences for his crimes.

Charged, not guilty....but hey...when do the impeachment hearings start? if it was laid out like many of you say....then it should be easy....

Old 06-19-2019, 10:22 AM

20,110 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
so what are they waiting for? Start the impeachment inquiry Democrats. C'mon, grow a set.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
so what are they waiting for? Start the impeachment inquiry Democrats. C'mon, grow a set.
I don't know why Pelosi is holding back the herd (one can speculate). But it is significant that the more times the executive branch opposes legitimate subpoenas, the more counts can be added to the charges.

I am in no particular hurry, but the congress needs to do it's job ... eventually.

We need to recognize that when the constitution was constructed, there were no political parties and many of the framers dreaded the idea that political factions might harden into parties such as were known in Britain.

The impeachment inquiry was not envisioned as a partisan exercise, but it was always expected to be a political one. The people's elected representatives were to oversee and check, if necessary, the executive branch. Parties were not factored into it then.

If we could just drop the partisan identity and look at the facts what would we want done here? I think we would simply want answers to the outstanding questions and we would want the full congress to deal with it fairly without partisan considerations ... but unfortunately that's not how the real world works these days.

In a partisan environment we are split into teams or tribes, each arguing 'for or against' with little regard for the facts and the exercise necessarily becomes all about making sure the voting public will understand and support the measure. I just want to see the public fully informed and congress do it's job and put everything they find into the congressional record for posterity. We will be judged in history by what we do today. Damn the political considerations.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:33 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Sure he does....because the media you watch does not show it, does not mean it is not...

Yes, that's all you have, the race card or you never would have thrown it...
Even Fox News? I think not other then bashing the liberals and the media as a whole Trump doesn’t stay on topic more then five minutes at a time.

I’ve got lots but the problem is that you can’t keep an open mind because it’s been brainwashed.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Even Fox News? I think not other then bashing the liberals and the media as a whole Trump doesn’t stay on topic more then five minutes at a time.

I’ve got lots but the problem is that you can’t keep an open mind because it’s been brainwashed.

What a BS answer, I've called trump a liar and I don't agree with things he has done....

Hold on to your nugget...

I also agreed on somethings, not a lot, that obama did....

Do you have the ability to understand that my mind is open and your mind is clearly shut.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
What a BS answer, I've called trump a liar and I don't agree with things he has done....

Hold on to your nugget...

I also agreed on somethings, not a lot, that obama did....

Do you have the ability to understand that my mind is open and your mind is clearly shut.
Please you REEK hate for anyone or anything that Trump dislikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies