Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 03:33 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

I doubt they would have sold anything if they had known how they would end up.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:38 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
The Palestinians ('Philistines') were originally 'people of the sea,' probably from Greek islands, who came to modern day Israel around 1000 BC. They were warlike, and gained their territory via military conquest.

Abraham, father of the Jewish people, was originally from modern-day Iraq, and arrived in modern day Israel around 2000 BC. His initial acquisition of property was carefully done by purchase in accord with local laws, but later territory was acquired via military conquest.
Genetic testing of Palestinians reveals they share rather recent common ancestry with Jews. Both groups are derived from the various ancient Canaanites. The Philistines haplogroup was primarily E which is found in currently in equal measure in both Jews and Palestinians at roughly 10% of the population. The most dominant haplogroup in both Groups is J, which is the genetic marker for the ancient Semitic tribes that settled the Levant before the Neolithic era.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Genetic testing of Palestinians reveals they share rather recent common ancestry with Jews. Both groups are derived from the various ancient Canaanites. The Philistines haplogroup was primarily E which is found in currently in equal measure in both Jews and Palestinians at roughly 10% of the population. The most dominant haplogroup in both Groups is J, which is the genetic marker for the ancient Semitic tribes that settled the Levant before the Neolithic era.
That's where a reconciliation could come from, both sides realizing they are part of a single family, separated only by religion.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
What was imported into Germany from the Middle East that spurred your nation to exterminate 6 million Jews, Gypsies and Slavs? Or was it just in the nature of ****ty German culture?
Let me put it this clearly. If Germans had still had their Celtic and Germanic religions, the Holocaust would not have happened. And of course, if the Americans had not supported Hitler and given him many of his crazy ideas. Californians were the driving force behind the Holocaust, see the link I posted pages ago. In German we call people like those Californians geistige Brandstifter ("spiritual arsonists").

Old 06-01-2019, 03:53 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
As a Jew, it concerns me greatly than I am living in the most anti-Semitic time of my life - and the anti-Jewish sentiment continues to increase, particularly in Europe. The first step in reducing the bigotry is for people to be willing to admit where it comes from, in part at least, despite the fact that liberals refuse to blame Muslims to any degree whatsoever and in fact rush to their defense. I am opening this thread to negate the liberals' accusations that Jews who point out anti-Semitism among Muslims are "fear-mongering" or, also common, playing the "Jewish victim card."

We cannot reverse the uptrend in European antisemitism unless we acknowledge all its sources, and the hard truth is that the mass influx in Muslim migrants is directly correlated with an increase in antisemitism. The linked article, published today, provides some interesting points, three of which are:

1. The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs reported that nearly 90 percent of European Jews have experienced some degree of an anti-Semitic threat, with 30 percent saying it was from a Muslim extremist, 20 percent from a left-winger, and 13 percent from a right-winger.

2. Muslims comprise less than 6 percent of the German population and make up between 30 and 50 percent of anti-Semitic hate crimes.

3. While liberals would have us believe that right-wing politics is responsible for the rise in European anti-Semitism, Jews feel safer in countries with low numbers of Muslims like Hungary, Poland, and Romania than they do in Germany and France.

The article makes many additional points.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/29...anti-semitism/
Hey, great to see you again after some time. Yesterday I went to purchase a car. The pitch was something like , " You are already in debt, but to come out of this and begin a new life, you must take this monthly payment deal , start paying and prove to the banks that you are worthy of this debt "

And I got reminded of the Germany of 1920's, Federal reserve, WWII, 2008 Recession, 2018 Tax cut deal and of course, You

Old 06-01-2019, 03:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Hey, great to see you again after some time. Yesterday I went to purchase a car. The pitch was something like , " You are already in debt, but to come out of this and begin a new life, you must take this monthly payment deal , start paying and prove to the banks that you are worthy of this debt "

And I got reminded of the Germany of 1920's, Federal reserve, WWII, 2008 Recession, 2018 Tax cut deal and of course, You
Why would any of that remind you of me? And I'm not sure what the car loan has to do with WWII, the tax cut, and all the rest. Something to do with Jews?

Old 06-01-2019, 04:06 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
There is a long history of anti-Jewish persecution by Roman Catholics in Europe and by Protestants and Catholics in the USA. I've worked in NYC for many years and became painfully aware of an anti-catholic hostility by Jews which included swearing in situations where it would have been unprofessional for me to react in kind.

Let's look at this truth. When Jews are in the majority and in positions of power they act just like the Roman Catholics did for centuries. By my own experience, they become abusive and hostile. We Catholics do compare notes. Perhaps the very act of comparing notes is anti-Semitic. You do seem to use the term when someone says something that you don't like.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:17 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's where a reconciliation could come from, both sides realizing they are part of a single family, separated only by religion.
Their identity exists due to their religion. Middle Eastern cultural identity is deeply tied into religions for many reasons.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:37 PM

15,970 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is the issue in a nutshell. The Muslims are the current "culture du jour" for Liberal/Progressives in Europe, and the U.S. After the holocaust in Germany and elsewhere in Europe the Jews were seen as victims, and a cause celeb by this same group. That has totally flip flopped. Jews are out. Muslims are in, even though they abuse women and Gays, they are seen as the new downtrodden in which the Libs can Virtue Signal about.

The problem is the Muslims hate the very people that are welcoming them into their new countries. Ironic, isn't it?
Progressives can see the aparthied situation and the intolerable condition in which Palestinians suffer because of a terrorist state called Israel, which is aided and abetted by the US. The people of Israel know well how to persecute a people since they have suffered it for centuries, and have honed survival skills. The Palestinians do not have that kind of endurance or the skill since they have not faced it until now.

What is good to know is that there are good, progressive thinking people in Israel who speak out against the persecution carried out by Natenyahu, as well as Jews outside of it. They can see injustice when it happens and it is never fashionable. If you don't speak out against it, tomorrow it could be you. Jews know that very well.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:43 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I doubt they would have sold anything if they had known how they would end up.
How they ended up, entirely through their own fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies