Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 02:11 PM

926 posts, read 417,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Israel has evolved from democracy to theocracy

https://www.stljewishlight.com/opini...d6708e1c8.html
Euh... no. Israel most certainly is NOT a theocracy.

According to halakha (jewish law), no shopping of any kind should be done on Shabbat. Yet, save for grocery shopping which I usually do on Monday, I do pretty much all of my shopping on Shabbat.

Movie theaters, and plenty of restaurants and other places of entertainment are open on Shabbat - and packed. Cinema City in Rishon leTzion is one example where the giant entertainment complex is jammed packed on Friday nights and Saturdays. That most definitely would not happen if we had a theocracy. No way.

There is one arena of life where we have given the orthodox religious establishment way, way too much power and that's family law. Personal status issues such as marriage and divorce. For that, yes I would agree that Israel is a theocracy in that respect. Although it can easily be circumvented by getting married abroad, as the State does recognize weddings performed abroad without a problem.

But overall, we are not a theocracy. And if we were to become one, many people would leave and it wouldn't been good at all for the economy. Religious leaders know that, and I very much doubt they would like this to happen.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:14 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
As I said before, IF those numbers are correct. Then they would indicate foul play, obviously.
The (supposed) IQ differences are very small (most Jews in the US are genetically Germans, Russians etc., so there is no reason they would be more intelligent than non-Jewish Germans, Russians etc.), so is the difference in work ethic or whatever people like to give as reasons. Those minor differences would never explain such giant deviations from the norm.
There are lots of studies confirming that in the US it matters a whole lot which family you are born into as social mobility is rather limited. When your parents are wealthy, their kids are a lot more likely to get the best education, live in good neighborhoods, etc. etc. etc. It's almost like a loop effect.

You didn't answer one damn question I asked. You say it's "obvious" they could not have earned their success, but you can't explain it either. All you do is make empty accusations.

The Jews in this country came from Europe with nothing but the clothes on their back. They started businesses, they wrote jokes and became comedians. They started Hollywood. How did connections help them create industries that never existed before? Who's going to help them do THAT. LOL.

You don't have any answers for that, instead you make snide remarks, finger point, accuse. I get it. People who are not successful at life tend to attribute other people's successes to nefarious means. It's sad, really.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:15 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Don't Jews in the West, by and large, vote for and support policies that encourage "diversity" and "multiculturalism?"

#InconvenientThings
What is the point you’re trying to make?

Old 06-05-2019, 02:30 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You didn't answer one damn question I asked. You say it's "obvious" they could not have earned their success, but you can't explain it either. All you do is make empty accusations.

The Jews in this country came from Europe with nothing but the clothes on their back. They started businesses, they wrote jokes and became comedians. They started Hollywood. How did connections help them create industries that never existed before? Who's going to help them do THAT. LOL.

You don't have any answers for that, instead you make snide remarks, finger point, accuse. I get it. People who are not successful at life tend to attribute other people's successes to nefarious means. It's sad, really.
No, Hollywood was not started by Jews, but later taken over by them, yes.

And again, I was referring to the numbers quoted by someone before. Any realistic, objective person would agree they are so off the chart that hard work etc. couldn't explain them. What exactly the reasons would be, one would have to do some research.

But if, as someone else said, those numbers are wildly exaggerated anyway, I don't know what we are still talking about...

Old 06-05-2019, 02:33 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

Bingo.....bingo....bingo!

People with negativity toward Jews make these assumptions that we are all, or almost all, wealthy people whose kids get the benefit of their parents' money and connections. It's one of the antisemitic tropes about Jews and money.

As you point out, Jews arrived en masse at Ellis Island penniless, poorly educated, and with no command of English. Yet, despite this poverty, a generation later their kids were engineers, architects, accountants, what-have-you. Their parents sure didn't pave the way for them. Their school buddies were in the same boat. They achieved because they were smart, studious, and motivated. They made wise decisions. They deferred early marriage and children. They sacrificed for higher education.

People with lesser achievements would be well-served to look to Jews and Asians and emphasize the values that have led to their greater success, generally speaking.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:53 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:

And again, I was referring to the numbers quoted by someone before. Any realistic, objective person would agree they are so off the chart that hard work etc. couldn't explain them. What exactly the reasons would be, one would have to do some research.

But if, as someone else said, those numbers are wildly exaggerated anyway, I don't know what we are still talking about...
So you take it all back about Jews being successful because of nepotism and connections?

Old 06-05-2019, 03:05 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

The numbers quoted by that someone else is the same someone else who said antisemitism is the result of Jews' own behavior, thereby justifying Jew-hate. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So you take it all back about Jews being successful because of nepotism and connections?
I am not taking anything back as all I said was under the condition that those numbers were correct. If they are not correct, what I said never applied in the first place, and if they are correct, I continue to say what I said before.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:24 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
I actually meant all the American eugenicist organizations that directly sponsored Hitler by providing funds, racist ideology, and practical ideas (gas chamber etc.) to the Nazis.
Poor Hitler, led astray by those greedy, nit-picky, scheming Americans. They are the real evil force playing the world like a puppet.

Someday, maybe Germany will find a solution to the 'American problem'.

</sarcasm>

Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Poor Hitler, led astray by those greedy, nit-picky, scheming Americans. They are the real evil force playing the world like a puppet.

Someday, maybe Germany will find a solution to the 'American problem'.

</sarcasm>
You may have meant it ironically, but yes, that is not far from the way I see it. Without Hitler's enthusiastic supporters and ideological mentors in California there would not have been a Holocaust. Those Americans should have been tried and punished in Nuremberg as well. I find it interesting that not even Jews seem to care about that. Selective reality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies