Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 08:35 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,132,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really? Explain how so many early Microsoft workers became so wealthy.
Early Microsoft employees were well compensated for joining early. Your example actually doesn't support Trickle down.... it does the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 08:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Early Microsoft employees were well compensated for joining early. Your example actually doesn't support Trickle down.... it does the opposite.
Lol.

How did so many middle-class people ended up millionaires? Do you think they embezzled money from Bill Gates?

The money trickled down.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:48 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,556,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Interesting conclusion. The rich pee on us and if we are smart we tell our republican bosses that we like golden showers.
Not sure if this is a reference to Trump or what.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:50 PM

37,971 posts, read 17,921,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Now reality: the majority of the tax cuts go into the pockets of those who are already in possession of the vast majority of the wealth, and none of the things you describe consistently happen.
Now the truth. All of the things I described happens normally. If you had some examples you would have given some. But you don't so you can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That is definitely the case state side. Maybe companies expand overseas, but that does little good for the people for whom government policy is supposed to serve. Cheap chinese goods at Walmart don't = a higher standard of living.
Companies expand here, Not that you care about the truth. And yes, less expensive goods from Walmart means the people have more money left over to spend. Your post is absurd.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:51 PM

5,819 posts, read 3,246,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
As an employee you are like a piece of furniture. You get paid to be used and your pay depends on how useful you are. I never expected or wanted to be rich, I just wanted to be comfortable and I am. I remember one year about a decade before I retired the CEO awarded himself a $60 million bonus, and kept our annual raise package down to 2-1/2%. That's the way it is.

This guy just told it how it really is. Our labor makes them rich and we live on inflation level crumbs.

We drink Bud and have a case in the fridge, they drink Grand Marnier and have a dozen bottles in the closet.
We drive a Ford Focus, they drive a BMW seven series.

We live inland where they dump their corporate waste, they can see the ocean when they wake up.
We drive our Focus thirty miles to work, their helicopter lands on the building.
We fly coach, they have a jet.

I'm not asking for half of the cake, but they can afford to give us a couple of more weeks off with pay, a decent pension that adjusts for inflation, medical coverage, and compensation for overtime worked.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
This guy just told it how it really is. Our labor makes them rich and we live on inflation level crumbs.

We drink Bud and have a case in the fridge, they drink Grand Marnier and have a dozen bottles in the closet.

We live inland where they dump their corporate waste, they can see the ocean when they wake up.
We drive our Focus thirty miles to work, their helicopter lands on the building.

I'm not asking for half of the cake, but they can afford to give us a couple of more weeks off with pay, a decent pension that adjusts for inflation, medical coverage, and compensation for overtime worked.
Increase your value and you'll increase your pay.

Or, keep hoping for handouts.

Most millionaires in the US didn't inherit their wealth.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
It's pretty well documented by now that trickle-down doesn't work.

I heard an astounding statistic, but I hesitated to start a thread about it, because I prefer it when I can include the equivalent of documentation, and this was just something I heard in passing on the news and wasn't able to write down enough details to find it online.

But as far as I can re-construct, they said that 8% of the national income, in the vicinity of a trillion dollars, was siphoned away from working people and flowed up to the ultra-rich.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:57 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,998,400 times
Quote:

I know it may come as a shock, but I'm nowhere near the 1% but I pretty much have all of these things in one way or another in my job. Hard work pays off.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's pretty well documented by now that trickle-down doesn't work.

I heard an astounding statistic, but I hesitated to start a thread about it, because I prefer it when I can include the equivalent of documentation, and this was just something I heard in passing on the news and wasn't able to write down enough details to find it online.

But as far as I can re-construct, they said that 8% of the national income, in the vicinity of a trillion dollars, was siphoned away from working people and flowed up to the ultra-rich.
The average US hiusehold has 2 cars, 3 tvs, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a gaming system and air conditioning.

Want to compare that to the world average?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:59 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
I have found a list of the best compensated Business Executives in America.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...est-paid-ceos/

How is it working out for you?

Starting a new job in a few weeks.

$20k more than I make now with better benefits and 3x the vacation time.

I guess I can't complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies