Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Abortion in general is not a medical treatment.
Is that what most doctors believe?

Old 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
If abortion isn't medical treatment, what is it? A cure?

Old 06-05-2019, 01:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Fight for myself? There are 3 or 4 of you that ganged up on me and I was getting asked questions from all of you at the same time without giving me time to answer one of before asking another. This is my final opinion... Abortion is wrong and it is murder and should be done only in a medical emergency, rape or incest. No other excuses and should not be used as birth control. You might as well stop here because you will not change my mind.
Then why are you wasting time here? Since you quite strongly believe most abortion is nothing but murder, why aren't you at an abortion clinic standing in the doorway to block pregnant women from entering?

Old 06-05-2019, 02:15 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If abortion isn't medical treatment, what is it? A cure?
Maybe a medical procedure. What would one be treated for with an abortion.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:17 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why are you wasting time here? Since you quite strongly believe most abortion is nothing but murder, why aren't you at an abortion clinic standing in the doorway to block pregnant women from entering?
That would be a waste of time.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:47 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,522,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Would I personally have a second trimester abortion? Only if my life was in danger or if it was likely that the fetus would die before term or the baby would die at/shortly after delivery.

Do I want to stop other women from consulting with their doctors and making their own medical decisions? Of course not. It's not up to ME to decide what some other person should do; that's a decision that is between a woman and her doctor. Period.
This is a classic stance taken in American culture. But let's follow this logic out.

Should we take the life of a born hour old child if it's "likely" that is will die for whatever reason?

In respecting the right of a woman to end the life of her unborn child, would you also respect the right of a woman to have their 6 month old's life taken? "I think it's wrong for me to kill my daughter, but if my neighbor chooses to killer het's, it's not my place to judge".

It's convenient to hide under the guise of "medical decision" to mask the horror of taking a child's life. It isn't like removing tonsils or inserting a pacemaker. You're ending a child's life in the most barbaric way possible. Any reasoning you could come up with justifying an abortion can be countered with a paralel of a child already out of the womb.

I believe ALL abortions are wrong, but legislatively would be willing to make exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mom (all of which are extremely rare). But even in those cases, if someone broke into your home, held you and your 6 month old at gunpoint, then said it's your choice.......he kill you or your baby. Who would you choose to die? Would you hand over your baby to him to kill so you could live?

I'm not saying these are emotionally easy choices. But killing children in any form is unconscionable. This is simply an "out of sight, out of mind" issue (ie, "if I don't see the child being killed, then no skin off of my nose").

Old 06-05-2019, 05:44 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Any reasoning you could come up with justifying an abortion can be countered with a paralel of a child already out of the womb.
You are welcome to your opinion but not everyone believes a fetus is the same as a "child already out of the womb".

Those who do not believe they are the same have just as much right to their belief as you do to yours.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:47 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Or better still, on Capitol Hill rallying for a 1st world paid maternity leave policy, expanded welfare, protections in the workplace for pregnant women, universal healthcare, attention to rural healthcare, and other policies that would make pregnancy a feasible option?

Old 06-05-2019, 06:18 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Or better still, on Capitol Hill rallying for a 1st world paid maternity leave policy, expanded welfare, protections in the workplace for pregnant women, universal healthcare, attention to rural healthcare, and other policies that would make pregnancy a feasible option?
Yep, but it’s so much cheaper to just blame the woman for opening her legs, force her to give birth and then call her irresponsible when she struggles to feed her family.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:26 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep, but it’s so much cheaper to just blame the woman for opening her legs, force her to give birth and then call her irresponsible when she struggles to feed her family.
She can open her legs all she wants to but if she doesn't want to get pregnant she and/or her partner should use birth control. There is only a 5% failure rate if birth control is used properly. Next......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies