Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 01:18 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Well, that's Canada for you.
And pretty much every other first world developed nation EXCEPT the one with the loons who elected Trump.

That forest is pretty apparent if you'd only stop looking at all those tweeee's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 01:21 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
He should stay in Canada, or Brazil. Maybe Haiti instead.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:22 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right. Obama was a crappy human and Trump is the model human being...

Political ideology aside, it is truly mind blowing that people can't see the difference between the character of a man like Obama as compared to someone like Trump, but of course there is no explaining the difference between what impresses and inspires some people vs others. No reconciling these differences either. Hard to understand, but then again it's just like how some people like to watch good entertainment while others prefer trash.
After 8 years of Obama put downs, insults and promotion of hatred toward law enforcement and the USA, I'll take Trumps brashness everyday.

Obama directly caused the assassination of a lot of Police Officers, riots in the streets and much more division than Trump has ever caused.

But he spoke well so he must be Cool in Libs book.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:22 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And pretty much every other first world developed nation EXCEPT the one with the loons who elected Trump.

That forest is pretty apparent if you'd only stop looking at all those tweeee's.
Yes Canadians and other first worlders were just as buffaloed by Obama as Americans

Old 06-03-2019, 01:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
After 8 years of Obama put downs, insults and promotion of hatred toward law enforcement and the USA, I'll take Trumps brashness everyday.

Obama directly caused the assassination of a lot of Police Officers, riots in the streets and much more division than Trump has ever caused.

But he spoke well so he must be Cool in Libs book.
Provide specific, logical, factual, unbiased links of said put downs, insults, promotion of hatred & direct responsibility of assassination of officers.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:28 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I remember when we had a mature, intelligent, classy president who was a true statesman. A stable guy who didn't make rash decisions. You could trust Obama with the nuclear codes.

Yes, Barry Soroto A.K.A Barack Hussein Obama who wrote that, in the event of a conflict "I will stand with the Muslims." and bowed in submission before the Saudi King.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:01 PM

26 posts, read 11,962 times
Love him or loathe him, the former president is a class act.

With the benefit of 2020 hindsight, I wonder of he wishes had done more to promote racial harmony? Amazing how a nation came together in 2008 to make history; and, less than a decade later it seems race relations have soured. A missed golden opportunity for the former president?, or, just a sign of the times?

Old 06-03-2019, 02:02 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Not really.

I've seen the meme that says, admit it, he was your favorite president.

What I see is that people elected the class favorite, not the class president.

For all the things he did, he did them in a form that when he was gone, they could have been tossed out.

If he were a real gentleman, he would have stood up and said something like, "Now, look, this is only good while I'm here. If the next President isn't like me, then it can get all tossed out the window. I call on all Americans to contact their Congressperson and make this the law of the land.".

But he didn't. He stood there while it looked good for him but he didn't tell the real truth of the matter to the people.

He was a favorite but hardly a leader.
What were you looking at when he was foolishly trying to negotiate with an uncooperative Repub Congress? When the Congress didn’t compromise at all, he did Executive orders.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes Canadians and other first worlders were just as buffaloed by Obama as Americans
The past tense is not applicable. Those first worlders still respect Obama as compared to Trump. Go figure, eh? Of course they're all wrong.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I remember when we had a mature, intelligent, classy president who was a true statesman. A stable guy who didn't make rash decisions. You could trust Obama with the nuclear codes.
And this is why his approval rating remains twice as high as Trump's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies