Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 07:29 AM

50,680 posts, read 47,527,244 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when you legalize weed.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:30 AM

50,680 posts, read 47,527,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious-

Just exactly what were Obama's "accomplishments" that made him great in your mind?
He took away my cadillac plan insurance.....

Old 06-06-2019, 07:30 AM

32,932 posts, read 19,614,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...qg2wSGtSmI3Idg

It's good to know that others feel the same as I do.

ordered Best in last 75 years:

1. Truman
2. Reagan
3. Ike
3. JFK (had problems, but would be interesting to see what he could or could not do in a full term or two)
4. Nixon (although a crook, did a good job as POTUS)
5. Clinton
6. WBush (not as much of a globalist as his father)
7. Ford
8. Carter
9. Bush Sr
10. LBJ
11. Obama

did not rank Trump as he has only been in 2 of ? so far

Old 06-06-2019, 07:31 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,502,140 times
I'd much rather go hang out with Bill Clinton or G. Bush as long as Clinton left his wife at home. He played a better Sax and was way cooler on SNL. Bush has been way better with respecting the War Vets.

Reagan has been the best Pres. Trump could be after his 2nd term.

Obama has no redeeming qualities. He screwed up the Insurance Market for us who have to pay for it.
He should have sent many Wall Street Bankers to jail.
It may be (will be) revealed that from 2012 on he and his administration did a lot of illegal Spying on US Citizens.
He let the CIA and FBI get out of control his last 4 years at a minimum.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 AM

41,011 posts, read 49,502,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ordered Best in last 75 years:

1. Truman
2. Reagan
3. Ike
3. JFK (had problems, but would be interesting to see what he could or could not do in a full term or two)
4. Nixon (although a crook, did a good job as POTUS)
5. Clinton
6. WBush (not as much of a globalist as his father)
7. Ford
8. Carter
9. Bush Sr
10. LBJ
11. Obama
I like your list except even as a Texan I'd put LBJ at the very bottom below Obama.

Between Vietnam and the Welfare programs he forever changed America for the worse.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:38 AM

24,811 posts, read 17,560,763 times
I liked Obama enough to vote for him once. He was poised, intelligent, Presidential and he could deliver a speech like a reverend on fire but he certainly had many questionable policies in his terms.

Yes he was handed a lousy economy which really had no where to go but up and he tried to get it moving with the questionable "shovel ready jobs" and "clash for clunkers". Those big expensive plans didn't really do much for the economy and can really be seen as failures.

Obama never really had any experience with much of anything. He was a community organizer at best yet we trusted him to implement foreign policy.

I think Obama came on strong but petered out in the end as he became less of a rising star and more of a lying scheming politician that took to back door dealing and DC shenanigans while the media still carried him on their shoulders like a King that could do no wrong.

We have to really question what became of his intelligence near the end when he told us with a straight face that Hillary was the most qualified candidate ever!

I guess he sold out and calling him the Best President in our lifetime I have to question the intelligence of who they polled to come to this collusion.

Obama was a great figurehead but what did he actually do that was great?

Old 06-06-2019, 07:41 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Gee, I don' know.
On his watch the banking industry went from being locked-up and too frightened to loan money to working as they should
On his watch the US auto industry went from collapse to boom
On his watch the US housing market went from collapse to boom
On his watch the stock market went from a free fall to boom
On his watch the economy went from shedding over 700,000 jobs/month to creating well over 200,000 jobs/month
On his watch the percentage of Americans without health insurance dropped from 16% to roughly 9%

PLENTY of reasons.

Ken
got any proof of that? got some links that show Obummer was in any way responsible for what supposedly happened?

Old 06-06-2019, 07:45 AM

26,692 posts, read 14,645,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/amer...qg2wSGtSmI3Idg

It's good to know that others feel the same as I do.
It’s also good to know there are so many stupid people in America.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:50 AM

9,506 posts, read 10,890,988 times
In my lifetime

1. Reagan
2. George HW. Bush
3. Bill Clinton
4. George W. Bush
5. Gerald Ford
6. Jimmy Carter
7. Richard Nixon
8. Donald Trump and Barack Obama (tie)

The top 5 were all competent leaders. Reagan is my favorite, I supported his policies and admired the way he made America look strong. He won the Cold War without firing a shot, that alone earns him top spot. Daddy bush continued Reagan’s policies and skillfully handled international crises, he deserves #2. I disagreed with Clinton’s policies but have to acknowledge his competence and skill as a leader by ranking him high. Everyone from 6 down were either incompetent or brought shame and scandal to the nation. Nixon is low for obvious reasons, Carter was low for his inability to deal with the economy and Iran hostage crisis. He is a good man but an incompetent leader. Today’s leaders (not just the President) are all of much lower quality than we once had. Obama and Trump were given the tie because the are both equally awful, both got nothing done but partisan bickering. Trump is a bafoon, Obama was plain incompetent and both are an embarrassment to the nation. We should do better than this folks. Absolutely no one in that 2020 dem field is an example of doing better. It’s a class of leftist clowns. Sadly the Republican Party will not primary Trump either. He is at this point the only option.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:55 AM

30,311 posts, read 18,867,558 times
Here is why Obama was the worst POTUS in US history:

1. Increased surveillance: Even the ACLU reported a 67% increase in governmental surveillance of private citizens under Obama. Not what one would expect of a POTUS that supports liberty.

2. Debt expansion: Obama presided over the largest expansion of the debt in US history

3. Weaponizing the federal government against US citizens.
a. Obama used the IRS to attack conservatives
b. Obama authorized the FBI to spy on Trump during his candidacy

4. Alienating traditional allies:
Obama did everything in his power to alienate Israel, Japan, Korea, and the UK more than any other POTUS.

5. Failure to address inequitable trade agreements.
Obama promised to address the inequities of NAFTA and China trade status- he did nothing, much to the detriment of US workers.

6. Promoting racial divisions by intervening in local police matters and failure to condemn ANTIFA and black lives matter.

7. Supporting Islamists and inviting members of the Muslim Brotherhood to the White House.

8. Promoting violence along the border through "Fast and Furious"

9. Corruption through the Reznik scandal and awarding cronies with federal funds through the "stimulus".

10. Subverting Justice through his AG in the Hillary scandal and fomenting the Trump/Russia hoax.

11. Using the deep state in an attempt to conduct a coup of the Trump admin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies