Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 07:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s bunk. They whined aplenty, and a bunch of them were bigoted a-holes that liberated people all over the world while coming back home to the USA to kick around minorities.

My grandfather spent a huge portion of his time in the Navy getting in fights (and whipping their asses) with his white naval and Marine colleagues who thought it was okay to pick on and belittle black sailors. Especially the idiot sailors that hailed from the Jim Crow South.

Those damn Democrats! You are starting to sound more and more like a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 08:03 AM

858 posts, read 424,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
But but the millenials gave us an app to get tacos delivered to our couch!

Or writing partisan rhetoric on an anomalous internet message board.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 AM

858 posts, read 424,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya. Good `ol "Wet Start" McCain. he was such an asset to those that served around the Admiral's spoiled kid.

And here we have a guy with 60,000 posts spreading false rumors about a war hero. Simply disgusting.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s bunk. They whined aplenty, and a bunch of them were bigoted a-holes that liberated people all over the world while coming back home to the USA to kick around minorities.

My grandfather spent a huge portion of his time in the Navy getting in fights (and whipping their asses) with his white naval and Marine colleagues who thought it was okay to pick on and belittle black sailors. Especially the idiot sailors that hailed from the Jim Crow South.
lol Sure he did. He would have spent a majority of his time in the brig and peeling potatoes.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:59 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
we have some, of course but for the most part we do not. The past few generations have become "it is all about me" They haven't had the upbringing kids had 70 plus years ago: they have not had the love of God and family instilled in them, nor the love of country. I am not say "all" but way too many. Part or the problem is with the interpretation of "free speech"
My grandfather was a WWII veteran who voluntarily enlisted in spite of the fact that he was a husband and father of 5. He was stationed on Guam.

He was also an atheist like his father. Just sayin...

Old 06-08-2019, 09:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Mueller and McStain have ruined their own reputations because of their corruption. More will be coming out soon about their connection to the Clinton Foundation Uranium One scandal now that US Atty Huber has wrapped up his investigation.
Three years and nothing. You're either very patient or just believe what you want to believe Meanwhile: Mueller 34 people and three companies charged. Seven people in jail or awaiting sentencing. The judge in Flynn's case asked if he could be charged with treason. Roger Stone arrested and awaiting trial. Want to talk about the pending spin off investigation into the criminal Trump enterprise? How about the pending FBI counter intelligence collected while they were entrenched in the Mueller investigation?

You want to talk about the Clinton convictions over the last three years? Oh wait, there aren't any.

If you're so obsessed with corruption surrounding Clinton, why aren't you equally as alarmed by Trump's inner circle either indicted, in jail, or awaiting sentencing? Not the least bit concerned that the Trump foundation was closed and sued for fraud? Trump University closed and paid 25 million in restitution? Trump super pac under investigation for fraud? Trump taxes being looked into for fraud? Trump inauguration being looked into for illegal activity? Why aren't you talking about that?

Mueller is a patriot and part of the greatest generation. He proudly served our country. Where was captain bone spurs? Fighting his own Viet Nam of venereal disease?

Each generation has it's heroes. To call one generation better over another is narrow minded. Trump will never be part of the greatest generation, unless you appreciate corrupt, morally bankrupt malignant narcissistic behavior.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
we have some, of course but for the most part we do not. The past few generations have become "it is all about me" They haven't had the upbringing kids had 70 plus years ago: they have not had the love of God and family instilled in them, nor the love of country. I am not say "all" but way too many. Part or the problem is with the interpretation of "free speech"
No truth in anything you’re saying. People love this country and are willing to serve it just as much as they did in former times. They don’t have a worthy cause to rally to in order to prove it.

As for the youth having a paucity of “Love of God,” that’s a good thing. Sounds like they’re smartening up to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Those damn Democrats! You are starting to sound more and more like a Republican.
Because I’m telling the truth doesn’t mean I sound like a Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Sure he did. He would have spent a majority of his time in the brig and peeling potatoes.
You’re just mad because one of your relatives was probably one of the asses he whipped considering your personal views.

Lol @ “the brig and peeling potatoes.” Stop trying to talk like a guy who served.

Of course he peeled potatoes genius! He was a cook...one of only 2 jobs a black sailor could have. You didn’t even know that.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:41 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,861 times
Seventy five years ago. Seventy five! Paratrooper Tom Rice jumped into the darkness to begin the western offensive for the liberation of Europe. Think about it, it wasn’t the jump that was the hard part. It was what he had to do after he landed. And now, here he is, all those years later, “standing in the door”. He jumps for himself, and he jumps for all those who have marched on...

I’ve said it before, we stand on the shoulders of giants. I’m humbly grateful.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:59 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
"Part or the problem is with the interpretation of "free speech""

The liberal SC ruled EXPRESSIVE ACTIONS are now covered under "Speech", the burning of the American flag is NOW "speech", even though there is NO mention of it in the amendment.

"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances".

A woman, even 10 year olds can get an abortion because she hast the RIGHT to do with her body as she chooses but the rest of us HAVE to wear seat belts and helmets because we CAN'T decide what we "want to do with our bodies"!

"The RIGHT to keep and BEAR ARMS shall NOT be infringed" yet there are OVER 20,000 laws passed by dem anti-gunners that do just that.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:12 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And here we have a guy with 60,000 posts spreading false rumors about a war hero. Simply disgusting.
"about a war hero."

MANY of us, including some of those that were with him at the POW camp, do NOT believe WAS a hero.

P.S. I did 2 TOURS in NAM. And you?

If he was such "hero" to the dems,, why DIDN'T all those dems vote for him when he ran for president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies