Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:11 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Good points all around.o remember on Facebook I would never see things about social justice, or white or black nationalism. Social media companies will have to chase the echo chambers out.
Thanks. I will be upfront and say I have said things that are or could be seen as racist, sexist, LGBT-phobic, and anti-Semitic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 10:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I think we will get through this as soon as politicos figure out that ID politics is ineffective. It did not work for Hillary, and I predict it's not going to work for Biden. As the GOP picks up more support from minority voters, as they have gradually been doing, ID politics will fade from the front page.

The loons, whether 'black nationalist' or 'white nationalists' will be relegated back to the fringes where they belong.
It worked for Trump.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:53 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
You want your voice to be heard but not those you disagree with? Everyone gets a platform. Everyone decides which platform they will stand on. It's their decision, not mine.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Social media IS an echo chamber; that's core to its practical function.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Thanks. I will be upfront and say I have said things that are or could be seen as racist, sexist, LGBT-phobic, and anti-Semitic.
Me too.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 PM

My thing is this. The sinister 6 all have ruined social media in the past 5 years. Some of these echo chambers even led to real life violence.

Dillion woof who shot those black folks at church was a white nationalist. Elliot Roger who went on a shooting spree in California was mgtow/incel. The Dallas shooter who killed those 8 cops was pro black, the guy who killed Heather Hayer with his car was during an alt right unite the right rally, sjws also commit violent crimes like the professor who beat up a man with a chain bike lock. I'm not sure if sjws have yet to commit extreme acts of violence like other echo chambers have. Same could be said for feminist. However a male feminist did round house kick a woman in Toronto over opposing views. All of such people are being radicalized by others on social media.

Who are the sinister six echo chambers. Alt right, mgtow white nationalist, pro black, feminist and social justice activist/warrior. Also all groups claimed to be victims in some way, shape, form or capacity.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It worked for Trump.
Trump did not run on ID politics any more than Nixon did in 1968 (myth of the 'Southern Strategy').

Steve Bannon was Trump's 'chief strategist.' The 3 main planks of his platform were 1)address immigration; 2)bring back manufacturing; 3)stay out of 'pointless' foreign wars. Nothing to do with ID politics.

Trump installed several Jews in his cabinet, a black HUD secretary, and an Indian UN ambassador. He sent his kid Baron to a 40% non-white school, and dated a black model for a while before he met Melania. The notion that he's some kind of white supremacist, or even that he tried to appeal to white supremacists is laughable on its face.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Trump did not run on ID politics any more than Nixon did in 1968 (myth of the 'Southern Strategy').

Steve Bannon was Trump's 'chief strategist.' The 3 main planks of his platform were 1)address immigration; 2)bring back manufacturing; 3)stay out of 'pointless' foreign wars. Nothing to do with ID politics.

Trump installed several Jews in his cabinet, a black HUD secretary, and an Indian UN ambassador. He sent his kid Baron to a 40% non-white school, and dated a black model for a while before he met Melania. The notion that he's some kind of white supremacist, or even that he tried to appeal to white supremacists is laughable on its face.
You can still date outside your race and still be a racist or bigot, or still hold racist views. I don't think trump is a white supremacist or racist. But he did make bigoted remarks and bigoted views in the past.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:

Hmm....didn't see White Nationalism listed....nor cozying up to the Billionaire here (bad enough) let alone the Trillion dollar folks in the Gulf.

BB has everything to do with ID politics and it's one of MANY billionaire financed right wing echo chambers.

Is THIS part of the above?

"He’s making the rounds in the United States and abroad, talking about uniting “the Judeo-Christian West” in a clear call for violence against the Islamic world"

Was Fundie Religion tied in with the Roman Catholic Empire part of the "ID"?
It would seem most people would want to run far and fast from the Catholic Church, giving the continuous abuses of it from the inside.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1LU176

Because that's what he is doing.......

As usual, it appears we have "opposite backwards world" in yet another drug and booze addled billionaire financed fraud. Remember when Bannon tried to vote where he didn't live?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-voter-fraud

Nothing new here. Millionaires being paid by billionaires to lie to you and I and take the money....

I can promise you that Bannon loves Russia...he sees them as part of the Great New World Order built around a Middle Ages View of Catholic Orthodoxy (and Russian Church is related).

Old 06-10-2019, 02:58 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hmm....didn't see White Nationalism listed....nor cozying up to the Billionaire here (bad enough) let alone the Trillion dollar folks in the Gulf....
What does this even mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies