Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 08:16 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I wonder if you're active in the "Blacks love Trump" threads LOL.

Because you do a pretty good job here going out of your way to insult and demean the Black community. Getting a strong vibe that you don't care flor black people.
He's not active there at all.

Last edited by green_mariner; 06-10-2019 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 09:09 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,265,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Without the guns they would use another implement? What other implement might they use? It`s the guns that make a nobody feel like a somebody.
MS-13 seems to be fairly adept at using machete's.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:59 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,568,183 times
Chicago allowed the violence to get out of control. When Chicago let the gangsters take over the city, the result is wanton violence. Where else do you have dozens of people shot and killed each weekend? Chicago. If any other city had the violence Chicago has, authorities would go Shaft on the criminal element.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Chicago allowed the violence to get out of control. When Chicago let the gangsters take over the city, the result is wanton violence. Where else do you have dozens of people shot and killed each weekend? Chicago. If any other city had the violence Chicago has, authorities would go Shaft on the criminal element.
Smaller cities that have a lot of violence:

Baltimore

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...221-story.html

https://thinkprogress.org/mass-shoot...-dc847e627f8e/

St. Louis

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...94232f87a.html

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime...229183394.html

Quote:
You’re 19 times more likely to be murdered in East St. Louis than any other U.S. city
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/cr...8-27e13f1da13c

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/nat...c065352.html#1

Quote:
The 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the US
Chicago comes in at 23 in this list.
East St Louis is #1

Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The funny thing is that most of Chicago is pretty safe. Everyone knows what the problem is, but due to political correctness, no one wants to identify the problem. Thus, gun violence in Chicago will go on forever.

Look at it like a rapid form of justice. Criminals are killing criminals, so it is saving the government millions of dollars in expenses for their imprisonment, housing, and foodstamps.

Have you ever wondered whether the city government and the police force are okay with the gun violence on the south side? In high school, we would occasionally drive around in the south side, never stopping at traffic lights or stop signs. It is like a land in which rules no longer exist. It was dangerous then- it is dangerous now. It will never change- except for the worse. East St. Louis in the making.
It's not as safe as it once was. People shot on buses, people being shot in cars driving down the expressways, pregnant women being sucker punched on the els, mobs of 200 - 500 beating people up and destroying stores. This is ALL over the city. You're safe until something happens to you.

And people who say,'well...there aren't as many shootings as there were back in the 1980s' make me ill. Is that supposed to warrant a gold star or something?

I hate what the city has become. I've had loved ones beaten up, I've been beaten up. I wish everyone would just get a gun and take care of business until this mess is cleaned up once and for all.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 PM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Trump wants the police to go into those neighborhoods and take away guns from armed bad guys in the streets.
A year or two of stop and frisk would get the majority of the guns off the streets, changing the culture will take a different approach.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:48 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
It's bros killing bros.
Human nature's own population control.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:45 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
No not allowed. Chicago accepts out of control violence. That is why they allowed gangsters to take over. That is why Chicago ties the hands of law enforcement. Chicago accepts that they have a very bad part of town and as long as it stays intuit part of town, no one cares.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:50 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It's bros killing bros.
Human nature's own population control.
Then why have you been talking about it so much, if it's just "human nature"?

Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...511026511.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shootings-...ry?id=63579107

Why doesn't she just admit that her city has a lower homicide rate than many, many cities but there is nothing that can be done because hundreds of thousands of multi-generational welfare queens had as many as they could for a big, juicy welfare check and all the benefits that go along with it. Another thing is lots of welfare queens also use their subsidized housing as leverage to recruit as many bad boy parolee's as possible into their lives and have baby after baby. The children they have they can't take care of and voila 15 or 20 years later they are hardened gangsters.

I have a feeling that this is the calm before the storm. Many poor women and parolee men are having been having as many children as possible that they don't have the slightest idea how to take of, so in a decade or two many big Democratic, liberal cities might be much worse then today.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid

I guess there is far worse than Chicago as far as homicides per-capita but still interesting how last month she said when she was elected "“Enough of the shootings. Enough of the guns. Enough of the violence,”

The mayor also said last month " “no higher calling than restoring safety and peace in our neighborhoods,”

Looks like this new liberal Democratic mayor has already failed. She is just another Democrat that gives speeches but has no policy and no solution to anything. Just a bunch of excuses and arrogance.
Anyone who actually thinks that a woman has babies for bigger welfare checks is a man who has never changed a diaper or got the kids fed, clothed and off to school and a thousand other responsibilities that comes with having children. I hate to burst anyone`s little snot bubble here but having children isn`t like keeping goldfish. My wife and I both did shift work when our children were young so I`ve walked the walk.
That`s as far into your post as I got because it deserves no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies