Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Who are we kidding, every parent with a popular male son will buy this stuff by the pallet. I am not joking when I say that I have been asked by hundreds of parents if a male BC pill was coming, because they know it’s the teen boys who are reckless with conforms and other forms.

In other words teen boys who are in the moment do not think with the right head.

How many male teens have you seen wanting to have a child? Exactly
My first serious boyfriend. At 17, He WANTED to be married and have a kid. In fact, the reason he broke up with me is because I was determined to go to college first. I went to college. By the time I came home for summer vacation after my freshman year, he was married, his wife was 6 months pregnant, and he was happy as a clam at high tide.

I'm not saying that's usual. I'm saying that teen-age boys, just like teen-age girls, can indeed be trying to create a happy family for themselves by getting pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Has anyone suggested this or any measure would drive the abortion rate or unwanted pregnancy rate to 0?
Maybe not in this thread, but the idea seems to be common that there would be no need for abortion if people would just use birth control. In fact, the originator of this thread seems to hold that view - just read the thread title.

The best we can do (and we SHOULD do) is keep on trying to get those rates as low as possible, but the reasons that women want abortions now would still remain.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 5,719,138 times
It would be nice if this male bc pill worked with no long term side effects like permanent infertility or breast cancer or something.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:18 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
Any advancement in a birth control measure is a good one regardless of how many failures it has because of the people not using them or the low percentage of failure.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
....that's pretty much what they tell the wimmens to do - legs closed, ladies!
All the women have to say is the garage is closed.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 PM

15,649 posts, read 10,410,318 times
PLEASE let this be true! men having access and co-responsibility for birth control would be a game changer. male birth control would put the onus on both partners to be responsible for having sex, which both enjoy. the female will no longer be responsible for the consequences of birth control failure.

Of course, STD transmission will still be an issue.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-12-2019 at 06:00 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 06:02 PM

23,581 posts, read 17,258,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
My first serious boyfriend. At 17, He WANTED to be married and have a kid. In fact, the reason he broke up with me is because I was determined to go to college first. I went to college. By the time I came home for summer vacation after my freshman year, he was married, his wife was 6 months pregnant, and he was happy as a clam at high tide.

I'm not saying that's usual. I'm saying that teen-age boys, just like teen-age girls, can indeed be trying to create a happy family for themselves by getting pregnant.
a woman would have to be dumber than a rock to trust any man who says he is sterile, on the pill or had a vasectomy. and a man should not trust that a woman is taking her BC, which by the way is not 100 % effective.

and their mistake should not be aborted.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:11 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,120,499 times
Male contraceptive is great... but the whole abortion debate wasn't about male side of the equation. It was all about the female's right to privacy and dominion over body.

So no... it isn't a game changer in the abortion debate.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
a woman would have to be dumber than a rock to trust any man who says he is sterile, on the pill or had a vasectomy. and a man should not trust that a woman is taking her BC, which by the way is not 100 % effective.

and their mistake should not be aborted.
I don't have sex with men I don't trust. If I thought all men automatically lied, I'd still be a virgin at 71.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
The biggest problem I see is men wimping out at risking possible side-effects.

Women risk possible side effects with most forms of BC, women risk negative consequences of pregnancy and childbirth.

I do not think men will be jumping for joy at taking any physical risk when it comes to preventing pregnancy when they can just keep putting the ultimate responsibility on women, as in, "women should just keep their legs closed".

I think most men would rather risk paying child support than risk, for example, an increased risk of blood clots......a common risk women take with hormonal BC.

Men who are so cavalier about all of the health risks women take are not about to take on any health risks themselves.

"Women have abortions for convenience. Why can't she just have the baby and give it up for adoption?" You see, it's all easy peasy when they have no skin in the game.

Man: "Me take a BC pill? BUT, BUT, BUT did you read about all of the possible side effects? Nope, not me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies