Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 04:25 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times

Advertisements

On a few different web sites I mentioned if Trump attacks Iran I will not vote for him again. The reaction is the same...I get called a liberal and a leftist. In reality I am far to the right of the Republican party. The reason I am against attacking Iran isn't because I'm some peaceful hippie type..hell no. The reason is I am consumed with hatred towards Iran's arch rival Saudi Arabia. I notice the people calling me a leftist don't even know the difference the Sunnis and the Shiites. To them all Muslims are the same. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow Trump voters are. I thought they liked Trump because he wasn't establishment. Yet they uncritically take the establishments view that Iran is the enemy.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:33 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
We dont need to go to war no matter what party you happen to be. Do people really think another war will solve anything. Bolton is wringing his hands over this.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:06 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
On a few different web sites I mentioned if Trump attacks Iran I will not vote for him again. The reaction is the same...I get called a liberal and a leftist. In reality I am far to the right of the Republican party. The reason I am against attacking Iran isn't because I'm some peaceful hippie type..hell no. The reason is I am consumed with hatred towards Iran's arch rival Saudi Arabia. I notice the people calling me a leftist don't even know the difference the Sunnis and the Shiites. To them all Muslims are the same. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow Trump voters are. I thought they liked Trump because he wasn't establishment. Yet they uncritically take the establishments view that Iran is the enemy.

Really..................... like when you disagreed with Obama you were a "racist"?

Old 06-21-2019, 05:14 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,847 times
Well, if social media is any indication, the simpleton conservatives in my neighborhood not only think that if you disagree with Trump, you're a leftist, it also means you "hate 'Murica".

Old 06-21-2019, 05:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Everybody has a pivotal issue... If you are willing to abandon all issues over Iran, that's your choice but it lacks any logic and sane reasoning.... Maybe you like higher taxes, illegal immigration, constantly abused social programs, etc etc... I think all those issues are important and could care less about Iran.... Not a fan of the Ayatollah either....

Old 06-21-2019, 05:28 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Everybody has a pivotal issue... If you are willing to abandon all issues over Iran, that's your choice but it lacks any logic and sane reasoning.... Maybe you like higher taxes, illegal immigration, constantly abused social programs, etc etc... I think all those issues are important and could care less about Iran.... Not a fan of the Ayatollah either....

I don't like those liberal things. I wouldn't vote Democrat. I would throw away my vote on a third party or not vote at all. In all honesty it doesn't matter if I vote or not because Dems will win my state for sure.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:37 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
It's about time that Trump supporters start looking at everything he has done.

Many thing comes out. Trump is a liar. Trump does not believe in agreements (contract or treaty). Trump is killing our countries reputation around the world. Trump does not believe in the rule of law.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:01 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
I won't be voting for Trump regardless, but anyone pushing this war with Iran schtick with a series of incredibly flimsy claims will not be getting my vote either.

FYI- Really dumb people on the far left and far right have no ability to intelligently debate or to see shades of grey. Thus the minute you confuse them, they whip out a "lib or con" accusation.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:07 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
I disagree with Trump all the time, and I am not considered a Leftist. I think some of his tweets are silly, immature, an un-Presidential. I also disagree with him on going along with the out of control spending of Congress. He signed it. He owns it! Most of the other stuff I agree with.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Everything that has happened, screams Israel, not Iran.
We are getting told Iran(even the drone strike) but Iran is denying it to their people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies