Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Really..................... like when you disagreed with Obama you were a "racist"?
So true! When I stated my opposition to Obamacare (it was simple math that it couldn't work, and the death spiral was a certainty), I was accused of being against it because "a black man" was behind it. Jeez.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I disagree with Trump all the time, and I am not considered a Leftist. I think some of his tweets are silly, immature, an un-Presidential. I also disagree with him on going along with the out of control spending of Congress. He signed it. He owns it! Most of the other stuff I agree with.
I'm with you. I can't stand his personality - childish and crass - and I am disappointed that he hasn't done anything to ramp down on out-of-control spending. Other than that, his policies are far superior to those the Democrats are pushing (such as health care for illegals, sanctuary cities, free college, guaranteed wages for those unwilling to work, and....how could I forget.....reparations), and he will have my vote over any of the Dems currently vying for the nomination.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times
oh you mean us "deplorables"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
On a few different web sites I mentioned if Trump attacks Iran I will not vote for him again. The reaction is the same...I get called a liberal and a leftist. In reality I am far to the right of the Republican party. The reason I am against attacking Iran isn't because I'm some peaceful hippie type..hell no. The reason is I am consumed with hatred towards Iran's arch rival Saudi Arabia. I notice the people calling me a leftist don't even know the difference the Sunnis and the Shiites. To them all Muslims are the same. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow Trump voters are. I thought they liked Trump because he wasn't establishment. Yet they uncritically take the establishments view that Iran is the enemy.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
On a few different web sites I mentioned if Trump attacks Iran I will not vote for him again. The reaction is the same...I get called a liberal and a leftist. In reality I am far to the right of the Republican party. The reason I am against attacking Iran isn't because I'm some peaceful hippie type..hell no. The reason is I am consumed with hatred towards Iran's arch rival Saudi Arabia. I notice the people calling me a leftist don't even know the difference the Sunnis and the Shiites. To them all Muslims are the same. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow Trump voters are. I thought they liked Trump because he wasn't establishment. Yet they uncritically take the establishments view that Iran is the enemy.
Simpletons think conservatives supported Trump. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow American voters are.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:32 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Default Nice thread title to begin civil discourse

Clearly, you are not on former VEEP Biden’s team.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:49 AM

17,815 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Really..................... like when you disagreed with Obama you were a "racist"?

Yes, when you "disagreed" with Obama and then come with a slew of personal insults, political and religious insinuations...............people tended to think that.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:08 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:

Nice touch with the simpleton call out... Trump supporter here, and anti Muslim , yet I think retaliation over the drone being shot down is stupid. We poked the hornets nest and they called us on it.
This is a tough situation and I don't see a valid solution to it. I hate to say it but Iran is calling the shots here.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:08 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
I remember in the mid 70's a pic of Mickey Mouse giving the finger on the back windows of pickups, with a caption "Hey Iran". Attitudes haven't changed much. I would post it but it would probably get flagged.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:15 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Simpletons think conservatives supported Trump. It saddens me to realize how ignorant many of my fellow American voters are.
LOL.

Anyone interested in conserving anything of value voted for Trump.

Your "conservatives" aren't conservative at all.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
LOL.

Anyone interested in conserving anything of value voted for Trump.

Your "conservatives" aren't conservative at all.
This should be fun. I'm getting the popcorn ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies