Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
who's complaining? .
Then obviously you didn't read the OP let alone the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,954 times
Remember the "internal passport" program from Soviet Russia? Sounds like we're headed in that direction.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:24 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,502,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Then obviously you didn't read the OP let alone the topic.

and yet somehow i magically mentioned a "real-ID" and pointed out that support for it passed the US senate unanimously.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,615,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The only difference here is that for a long time they'd give out drivers licenses with very little solid documentation and so there were a lot of fakes out there.

This process tightens up the verification that you actually are whom your license says.
They changed that a long time ago though. I want say around 2008 in the state I was living in at the time, but it may have been even earlier than that. Prior to 9/11 they did not require much documentation to issue a license or state ID card.

FWIW I declined the Real-ID "enhanced driver's License" a couple months ago when I exchanged my NJ license for a WA. All it does is combine the passport function with the state issued ID function, but you can still use your passport or other supporting docs in lieu of it.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:47 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They changed that a long time ago though. I want say around 2008 in the state I was living in at the time, but it may have been even earlier than that. Prior to 9/11 they did not require much documentation to issue a license or state ID card.

FWIW I declined the Real-ID "enhanced driver's License" a couple months ago when I exchanged my NJ license for a WA. All it does is combine the passport function with the state issued ID function, but you can still use your passport or other supporting docs in lieu of it.
Personally, I'll gladly opt in for the RealID License so that I'm not having to bring my passport every time I travel.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:05 PM

11,522 posts, read 14,696,226 times
And, married women have to have their marriage license/certificate if they took their husband's last name.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,464,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, married women have to have their marriage license/certificate if they took their husband's last name.
Not for a passport......and I did not need it when I applied for Real ID drivers license in California recently.

For passports, if you are a woman who married and divorced or remarried..then you need to have original docs of the name change.

If you have only been married once and your driver’s license reflects your married name that is all you need plus your birth certificate.

#certified passport agent here.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:49 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,737,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Not in states with Common Law Marriage.

What is "Common Law Marriage" in SC? | Kimmons Law

Old 06-14-2019, 05:04 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,838,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Someone left me an unsigned message: "Goodness! Birth certificate is easy to order from the the county or state of your birth. I should know I've had to replace my when I've lost it. Oops. They look at the documents, they don't create a database of them. Geez Louise get a grip."

I ALREADY proved that I exist to the State of NY many years ago, and to the Fed EVERY YEAR I file my tax returns! I have traveled this country with my NYS Drivers license for years without any problem, but now I have to RE~PROOF my existence to get a "REAL~ID".

Sorry, anonymous, but that is BS!
What's BS is you calling this unconstitutional but being unable to explain how. No one said you NEED to do anything.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Not for a passport......and I did not need it when I applied for Real ID drivers license in California recently.

For passports, if you are a woman who married and divorced or remarried..then you need to have original docs of the name change.

If you have only been married once and your driver’s license reflects your married name that is all you need plus your birth certificate.

#certified passport agent here.
Well said and thank you for a reasonable post. The OP is making a big to do out absolutely nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies