Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 04:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,395,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
What's BS is you calling this unconstitutional but being unable to explain how. No one said you NEED to do anything.
WRONG! It is LAW that I MUST get this "REAL ID" by 2020 if I want to fly DOMESITICALY (within the USA)!

That's .gov saying I "NEED" to do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,610,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
And yet, illegal aliens are allowed to fly without anything.
Not true. A Real ID has been a requirement to fly At all US airports for some time. Some states already had a drivers license that met the legal requirements and others do not, thus the rolling implementation. If an illegal immigrant has a valid passport (even if in the country illegally) they can fly on their passport. Immigration status and ID law are separate issues.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
All I'm suggesting is that it is Un~Constitutional for the State of New York to demand such intrusion.
The state of New York is not demanding it. The US federal government demands it to certify the ID complies with the federal Real ID legislation.

Truthfully, it is much less intrusive than purchasing a gun. If you want the government to keep you safe you must give them the tools, right? 😉

Old 06-15-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
My point in making this thread is that I'm already registered in the Machine, but now I (We) have to prove I (We) exist by providing proof!?!?!?

That's insane, sorry.
It has been demonstrated that our current ID systems are porous and have allowed many incidents of fraudulent identities to be created within the official system. The intent of the Real ID law was to eliminate these false identity do increase the reliability of the ID system. The fact that you already have an ID from a “defective” authority is no assurance hat your identity is verifiable without additional documentation to provide confirmation.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Just how many low-income and no-income folks do you think are traveling by plane?
LOL. Based on the clothing choices I have seen in the airports around the country I think nearly all of the Walmart shoppers fly on a regular basis! 😂 So, it is my opinion that there are many more low-income flyers than you would possibly believe.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,395,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
The state of New York is not demanding it. The US federal government demands it to certify the ID complies with the federal Real ID legislation.
Correction acknowledged.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:22 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,820,848 times
Quote:
WRONG! It is LAW that I MUST get this "REAL ID" by 2020 if I want to fly DOMESITICALY (within the USA)!

That's .gov saying I "NEED" to do something.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The law never doesnt that.

1. You only need REAL ID to fly a commercial carrier. Private carriers do NOT require it. Also, if you want to fly your plane domestically, you don't need REAL ID. No one is stopping you from flying domestically.

2. There's NOTHING in the Constitution that the government has to allow you to fly commercially. If that were the case, the TSA would be unconstitutional as they can deny you your right to fly commercially.

3. REAL ID has been available for YEARS. It's not new.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:24 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,820,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

Truthfully, it is much less intrusive than purchasing a gun. If you want the government to keep you safe you must give them the tools, right? 😉
Not only this, but New Yorkers are the ones who chose to wait this long. Most states simply gave people Real IDs upon renewal over the past several years.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:13 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Not only this, but New Yorkers are the ones who chose to wait this long. Most states simply gave people Real IDs upon renewal over the past several years.
New York was later than many states, but not exactly new here either as it was rolled out in 2017.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:03 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm
Do you have access to a search engine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies