Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:35 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,517,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Once again Donald Trump waves his magic wand and convinces so many gullible people that he actually represents the little guy including the vets. He represents the Trump family crime syndicate and no one else. One of the greatest con jobs in American political history.
No, Clinton family crime syndicate tops all others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Why wouldn't they? Specifics besides "daddy bought his way out of Vietnam". Specifics like his policies and his support of vets. Tell me, what has he done that Vets, as a whole, should turn away from him and towards...what, Hilary? Biden? HAHAHAHA

Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM

14,235 posts, read 4,605,890 times
I am sure H. Clinton would be a better option for vets, right? [Sarcasm]

Also, a vet here (2000-2014)

Old 06-13-2019, 02:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,029,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I can't understand how any American who loves his/her country would support anyone who hid behind their daddy's coattail to avoid military service. Comrade Trump had six deferments for bone spurs. Isn't it funny how those bone spurs never kept Demented Don off a golf course?
However, Trump did explain that Viet Nam was too far away. Yes, Nam was too far away for draft dodging Trump but not for the 70,000 brave Americans who died there.

Why would any God fearing and America loving individual vote for the coward, Trump?
Because Clinton was so much worse.

I voted for Trump because he was the best bet to keep Hillary Clinton and the party behind her out of the White House.

The stuff above? That's nothing compared to a party that wanted to disarm Vets across the board the because, they said, now that they had served their country, they were a threat to their country.

Is it not good that the leader who sends people to war might have never been there? Sure but at the time of the vote, Hillary Clinton was far, far worse so I voted to keep her out of the White House.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 06-13-2019 at 02:45 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 02:43 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,699,644 times
Biden will cure cancer if elected President. But if he loses, reckon he won't reveal his secret remedy.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:06 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,517,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
As a vet of 6 years of service 66-72 I just don't see how others support trump.
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.
Well the fact that not a single American life has been lost in a military action ordered by Trump must figure pretty high on the list.
I think I'd vote for someone who was reluctant to see me being killed.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:32 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
As I married to a man who retired from the military and was raised by a guy who served in the army in a community surrounded by former military men, I am always surprised when I read about veterans supporting Trump.

Those I know value honesty, the rule of law, the ideals set forth in the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. Everything about Trump is in opposition to their values.

My Dad would be disgusted at the sight of the President being obsequious to a Russian dictator.

My husband is disgusted that kids are being taken from their parents and kept in camps.

This is not what they risked their lives for.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:45 AM

46,323 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As I married to a man who retired from the military and was raised by a guy who served in the army in a community surrounded by former military men, I am always surprised when I read about veterans supporting Trump.

Those I know value honesty, the rule of law, the ideals set forth in the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. Everything about Trump is in opposition to their values.

My Dad would be disgusted at the sight of the President being obsequious to a Russian dictator.

My husband is disgusted that kids are being taken from their parents and kept in camps.

This is not what they risked their lives for.

How did you feel about Obama?

Because many of what you state, happened in the last admin also....

But, I'm pretty sure, you voted for slick willie, Hillary, and Obama....

Old 06-13-2019, 04:58 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,431,383 times
I don't understand it either OP. Trump and his family are the worst representation of the country. From Kushner and his ties to the murderous MBS to the Trumps and their collusive behavior and relationship with Russia and NK. I've met many young men and women that refuse to join the military under Trump. They say "No thank you, I'll wait". Can you blame them? Who wants to start their military career under the most corrupt con president in history? Not one person.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:03 AM

17,683 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Well, OP doesn't know many vets obviously. I served 7 years in the USAF from 1996-2003. I've remained active in several organizations and more importantly kept in touch with many of the folks I served with. Veterans love Trump and it's not hard to figure out why. He loves America and puts America first, which is usually what motivates people to serve their country by joining the military.

I just returned from a trip to Europe to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day. I was lucky enough to be at Normandy cemetery when Presidents Macron and Trump gave their speeches honoring those who fought in World War II. It was phenomenal and President Trump made me proud to be an American veteran.

Not once American I encountered at that trip was critical of Donald Trump. And yes, I had a Trump t-shirt on. Not one negative comment from anyone of any nationality.

I know it burns the Trump haters, but not everyone is as irrationally unhinged as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies