Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 09:56 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Once again Donald Trump waves his magic wand and convinces so many gullible people that he actually represents the little guy including the vets. He represents the Trump family crime syndicate and no one else. One of the greatest con jobs in American political history.
Veteran's Choice was a bill signed by Obama. I have always given Obama his credit when it comes to veterans - everything else about Obama I could have done without.

Trump signed a bill that eliminated the expiration date of the program, and authorized funding for the program.

Did Obama serve in the military? I missed that part. Not that anyone would know what he did since we never did get to see his full records. I don't think he did. That was not my reason for voting against Obama, and again, I have always said, right here on this forum, that I applaud what Obama did for veterans, and Trump deserves his credit, as well.

Unless you're too "orange man bad" to accept the reality and give credit where its due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 10:44 AM

18,743 posts, read 7,613,748 times
I will never understand why vets support Trump

That's right. You'll never understand.

Last edited by Roboteer; 06-12-2019 at 11:13 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 10:52 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Because Hillary Clinton was so much worse. If someone would cheat their own party, then what chance do the people have?

Old 06-12-2019, 11:00 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well- You have a choice between Trump and Biden. Biden got six deferments for asthma, all while playing intramural sports without difficulty and being an avid runner in college.

So how do you feel about Biden? How about Clinton? Did you support George Bush I for his military service?
I wonder why the OP won't come back to the thread he started and discuss some of the points/questions that arose from his post?

Old 06-12-2019, 11:07 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
When it came to the past election there was one word that dominated the decision process of the Veterans that I know and that was Benghazi. They saw that Obama and Hillary left our guys out there to die while they played politics and then lied through their teeth about some stupid video they claimed caused the attack. The Dems in general have never really been fans of the military so draft dodging bone spurs aside Trump might just be the only choice in 2020 when it comes to preserving the America that our veterans have fought for.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:21 AM

339 posts, read 127,615 times
I served in Desert Storm and honorably left the Service after 8 years as Staff Sergeant and have no issues with Trump's lack of service. I would prefer to vote for a vet but that is a small consideration compared with voting for a leftist regime. I like how for the MSM a President's service is always important if a Republican is office who hasn't served. When Clinton or Obama were President it was no big deal at all. And when McCain was running against Obama he was a failure, baby killer, etc. according to the MSM. Suddenly, when he displays his disdain for Trump, he becomes "War Hero McCain" overnight.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Perhaps because like the total population of voters, veterans are made up of all kinds of people with all kinds of different priorities.
And very few political options.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:36 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
I served in Desert Storm and honorably left the Service after 8 years as Staff Sergeant and have no issues with Trump's lack of service. I would prefer to vote for a vet but that is a small consideration compared with voting for a leftist regime. I like how for the MSM a President's service is always important if a Republican is office who hasn't served. When Clinton or Obama were President it was no big deal at all. And when McCain was running against Obama he was a failure, baby killer, etc. according to the MSM. Suddenly, when he displays his disdain for Trump, he becomes "War Hero McCain" overnight.
This.

Not a vet myself but I am a son of a career army 1st sgt. who was infantry in Korea and helicopter operations in Vietnam. My uncle was career navy and my cousin is a a colonel in the army.

As long as the democratic party continues to be left and going even more to the left many vets won't support it.

The democratic party shunned candidate Jim Webb as not being progressive liberal enough, a man I was ready to vote for over Trump and ready to vote democratic party for the first time in my life but the democrats have been taken over by leftist social justice progressive liberals who would rather give illegals free health care than support the constitution of the the United States.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Once again Donald Trump waves his magic wand and convinces so many gullible people that he actually represents the little guy including the vets. He represents the Trump family crime syndicate and no one else. One of the greatest con jobs in American political history.
What is it again he did that harmed vets or suggested he does not support veterans?

Old 06-12-2019, 11:43 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
As a vet of 6 years of service 66-72 I just don't see how others support trump.
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.
Kinda all over the place keninaz...

Lots of people with the means to avoid Vietnam did so.

Not saying it's right to avoid the draft, but it isn't right to kill off less advantaged young men by the tens of thousands in order to prove a useless point either.

So, what does the Vietnam War, the draft or veteran's services have to do with mooches living off my tax dollars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies