Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Only prochoicers believe that motherhood is punishment.
It is punishment if you don’t want to have a kid. It’s really a very simple concept. That’s why I got an abortion, I didn’t want to have a kid. See how that works?

Old 06-24-2019, 11:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It is punishment if you don’t want to have a kid. It’s really a very simple concept. That’s why I got an abortion, I didn’t want to have a kid. See how that works?
Right.

Prochoicers believe that motherhood is punishment. Prolifers don't.

The argument that "prolifers want to *punish* women through motherhood" is false, since prolifers do NOT believe that motherhood is punishment. It's a nonstarter.

See how that works?

Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Right.

The argument that "prolifers want to *punish* women through motherhood" is false, since prolifers do NOT believe that motherhood is punishment. It's a nonstarter.

See how that works?
Doesn’t matter what YOU believe if YOU are not the one with the unwanted pregnancy. Your opinion is irrelevant. Just as I can’t force you to abort if that’s not what you want. Very simple.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Doesn’t matter what YOU believe if YOU are not the one with the unwanted pregnancy. Your opinion is irrelevant. Just as I can’t force you to abort if that’s not what you want. Very simple.
Absolutely right that you can believe whatever you want.

So let's go back the statement that "prolifers want to PUNISH women."

Prolifers think being a mom and having kids is great. No punishment there.

The ARGUMENT that "prolifers want to PUNISH women" is false. Not true. Doesn't work. Illogical.

And yes, it's very simple. It's a false argument.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Absolutely right that you can believe whatever you want.

So let's go back the statement that "prolifers want to PUNISH women."

Prolifers think being a mom and having kids is great. No punishment there.

The ARGUMENT that "prolifers want to PUNISH women" is false. Not true. Doesn't work. Illogical.

And yes, it's very simple. It's a false argument.
And once again, to a woman who does not want to be pregnant, forcing her to stay pregnant against her will is considered punishment to that woman. As the act of forcing her to stay pregnant comes at the hands of prolifers who are forcing their BELIEFS on someone who does not share those same beliefs, then yes indeed, it is those people who are punishing that woman.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:30 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
once there is a heartbeat it's no longer her decision.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
And once again, to a woman who does not want to be pregnant, forcing her to stay pregnant against her will is considered punishment to that woman. As the act of forcing her to stay pregnant comes at the hands of prolifers who are forcing their BELIEFS on someone who does not share those same beliefs, then yes indeed, it is those people who are punishing that woman.
No. Not at all.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:59 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Yes, I know. I'm the one that told you that 25% were adoptable.

You thought i was >50%.

You're Welcome, btw.
Is the exact number a pissing point with you? Why keep hammering most are adoptable and ignore the other issues with adoption. You like to turn your face away from reality.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:16 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Quote:
Right.

See how that works?
Just about anything, good or bad, could feel like a punishment if forced on someone against their will. So stop with the "only pro-choicers view motherhood as a punishment" BS.

If any woman were forced to bear a child against her will or against her better judgement, it could very well feel like a punishment, especially since most pro-lifers "find it in their heart" to "allow" abortion in the case of rape. But if some sl*t gets pregnant because "she couldn't keep her legs closed" (rarely hear criticism of the man for not keeping his pants zipped ) then she "DESERVES" the consequence of struggling with an unplanned pregnancy and raising a child. (never mind the fact that this child could very well be the one bearing most of the punishment if he is not wanted or loved).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies