Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 11:42 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
That's ridiculous though. What about people that take necessary precautions and still end up pregnant by accident? Making them put the baby up for adoption is extreme.
So putting up a baby for adoption is extreme - what is killing a baby - normal?

Old 06-15-2019, 11:52 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with all except for the third one. I'm not willing to pay the taxes to help irresponsible parents provide for their kids. Unfortunately, I'm being forced to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's your option then? Aborting them?
Well.... what else do you suggest ?

In honor of the thread, there you are as a member of a society that forbid abortion.

Apparently, you don't want to take care of kids either ?

Were you at least supportive whith the whole "contraceptives" being included in ACA ?

Of course not.

So what do you suggest ? Banning human beings from having sex ? Do you abstain yourself ?

If absention is your answer, it might be the saddest, useless and blindest thought heard on human nature. Might get prepared and be creative !

Old 06-16-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Thank you for proving my point: that those of us who had nothing to do with unwanted children being created are being blamed for not cleaning up the mess made by others. News flash: I haven't caused anyone to have sex. I haven't prevented anyone from using protection. And I certainly have done nothing to make adoption more difficult. So how is it my fault that all these unwanted children are being born? And why am I expected to be the one to pay for it?
You should have said it earlier so that it was clear.

It is sex (mostly for women) that you don't agree with. Ok. Good luck.

(and good luck to your wife if that's the way you envision sex, oups.... outta here)

Old 06-16-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And the pro-choice crowd couldn't care less about those children BEFORE they are born. So there you go.
Have any of these "before born" (what a concept) children ever posed a threat to society ?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:09 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Here in Malta abortion is illegal, even the morning after pill was until a couple of years ago & there was outrage amongst a huge portion of the population when that was made available. So does this mean women in Malta don't have abortions? The answer is no. Many women travel to either Italy or the UK for abortions & some go to "underground" clinics here to have it done.

So the point is making abortion illegal will not make it not happen, women who for whatever reason do not wish to continue with their pregnancy will find a way to end it. As it is going to happen anyway shouldn't it be done in a safe & clean environment? I mean if you are pro life you wouldn't want the woman carrying the fetus to die of some complication or blood poisoning would you? By the same measure if carrying a fetus to full term could lead to the death of the woman/and/or the fetus, do you still disagree with abortion? What about an 11 year old rape victim? Would you rather she carried the fetus full term at the risk of her young life rather than having an abortion?

It would be lovely if life was black or white, but unfortunately it isn't.
What is the penalty for getting an abortion in Malta? A number of people in America, who want abortion banned, want up to life in prison for the woman who gets an abortion along with anybody else involved in the procedure, such as a doctor. Some want as much as death as does one Texas legislator. Speaking of the morning after pill, they want that banned, too!

An eleven year old girl's fetus is more important to the world than she is as they see it. If she ends up dying, it had to be due to God's will. God's will must not be circumvented. I think such people seek more vengeance than God Himself, while not wanting to remember that God said, "Vengeance is mine!" Hopefully, that doesn't describe Catholics.

I think most people who want abortion banned wouldn't give a damn should something go wrong when a woman gets a illegal abortion. As their cold hearts see it, she deserved it. If their state were to become an exporter state of abortion, they wouldn't care what they created, either. These people are represented by a number of Republican legislators. Once again, please vote them out in 2020!

Old 06-16-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Sorry, try again. I'm not religious at all. The pro-abortion crowd needs to stop framing this as a religious issue. You don't have to be religious to think it's wrong to kill a person because they are inconvenient.
Yes and no and you are right in a way. One doesn't have to be religious to believe that there is a difference between "what I would do" and "what someone should do".

Don't have an abortion (oh, you're probably a man, sorry, well not sorry for GOOD men out there but sorry for you)... Force your woman to not have one (well unless it suits you, and it's an inconvinient pregnancy of course, then you don't care). There you go.

As always, and I don't mean that as an anti-man thing, but seriously ? If men were to risk pregnancy everytime they had sex, we wouldn't even have this argument !

For hell's sake, a contraceptive pill was just developped for men and it won't be manufactured yet, because you know what ? second effects are too heavy... Journalists compared those second effects to those of the woman pill : 3 times less !

But let's not bother men, shall we?

Keep out of vaginas unless it is to do them good. (hey, that should be true and a good tip anytime )

Last edited by personne; 06-16-2019 at 12:19 AM..

Old 06-16-2019, 12:14 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Sorry, but people like you are rare in red states where there are a lot more Baptists than Catholics. Many Republicans in those states want nothing to do with any more Medicaid. They fear it would cause more dependency upon the state. But kids are born totally dependent. By the way, I don't need to be a Catholic to support more Medicaid. To bad many other people in Red States can't say the same.
I asked someone else who made this same assertion for data and, as I predicted, I got crickets chirping. I doubt that will change.

I never argued you have to be Catholic to support Medicaid. I don't know how you imagined that I did. It's frustrating to try to have these debates when people have no idea how to debate. I'm guessing, based upon past experience, that many of you wouldn't like it if I posited that you can't support amnesty or taking in migrants unless you personally commit to taking in some impoverished migrant or refugee children. That too has elicited crickets chirping in the past. Do you find that to be a good argument? Let's say the caricature of pro-lifers you're helping to prop up was 100% true of all pro-lifers. All of them. Explain how that would alter the proposition that abortion is immoral and should be illegal? Let's say 100% of American leftists refused to take in a single migrant or refugee, how would that change the proposition that migrants and refugees should be allowed to enter our country? Do you get what I'm saying about people who have no clue how construct logical arguments and engage in intelligent debate?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:25 AM

Actually.... Men.... Think about it.

If everytime you have sex, you risk a pregnancy, what would you do?

Put a condom ? Great ! We agree. Let's begin with that. From now on, EVERY sex, married or not, shall be held with the almighty french letter, oy oy, let the fun begin.

See where I'm getting there?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I asked someone else who made this same assertion for data and, as I predicted, I got crickets chirping. I doubt that will change.

I never argued you have to be Catholic to support Medicaid. I don't know how you imagined that I did. It's frustrating to try to have these debates when people have no idea how to debate. I'm guessing, based upon past experience, that many of you wouldn't like it if I posited that you can't support amnesty or taking in migrants unless you personally commit to taking in some impoverished migrant or refugee children. That too has elicited crickets chirping in the past. Do you find that to be a good argument? Let's say the caricature of pro-lifers you're helping to prop up was 100% true of all pro-lifers. All of them. Explain how that would alter the proposition that abortion is immoral and should be illegal? Let's say 100% of American leftists refused to take in a single migrant or refugee, how would that change the proposition that migrants and refugees should be allowed to enter our country? Do you get what I'm saying about people who have no clue how construct logical arguments and engage in intelligent debate?

Seriously, chiociolliscalves, all you're doing is talking nonsense, don't you see? And I think many people would agree.

Once again, people like you tend to be rare in red states, and as someone else so aptly put it, "It would be lovely if life was black or white, but unfortunately it isn't."

Old 06-16-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
So putting up a baby for adoption is extreme - what is killing a baby - normal?
Nobody here wants a baby killed or murdered. That is infanticide. Look up the meaning of that word, if you need to. People who want abortion banned don't help their cause when they talk like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies