Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You've never met a suicidal person? And plenty of people have already committed suicide, sadly. Besides, you aren't answering my question. Which makes me suspect many anti abortion people don't think ahead. If (what they think) is their wish is magically granted, what will happen to all these unwanted kids? Who will pay for them? It costs about $250K to raise a child to adulthood if I remember correctly. Ready to open your wallet?
I've answered your question. Who should pay for the unwanted children are the people who had them. If they can't or won't pay, they should either refrain from having them, or put them up for adoption.

Why must you persist in trying to deflect the blame for unwanted children away from the people who bore them and on to the people who had nothing to do with their being born, except for to make it possible?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:35 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I've answered your question. Who should pay for the unwanted children are the people who had them. If they can't or won't pay, they should either refrain from having them, or put them up for adoption.

Why must you persist in trying to deflect the blame for unwanted children away from the people who bore them and on to the people who had nothing to do with their being born, except for to make it possible?
If a woman chooses to abort it effects you NOT. AT. ALL. That’s why it is, and will remain, her choice not yours.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
People that are against abortion should really mind their own business and let a private issue such as this be discussed between a woman and her doctor.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I never met a fetus that when grown up, said that they wish they were killed before birth... Let's stop with the semantics, the abortion act is killing a person whether you recognize that person or not doesn't matter because that person existed whether you wanted them to or not.... It's always easier to kill someone by claiming they aren't a real person.... Which is really what you are doing.. making it easier... For yourself...
A fetus ISN'T a real person, it is an organism that has the POTENTIAL to become a real person.

A fetus does not care if it is aborted or not.....that is just YOU projecting your feelings onto something that does not have the capacity to think or feel or care.

Do you think there are little ghost fetuses floating around somewhere crying because they were aborted?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If a woman chooses to abort it effects you NOT. AT. ALL. That’s why it is, and will remain, her choice not yours.
I have never seen a woman denigrated to single choice about killing a person or not... And then debasing behind a "choice" paradigm where none really exists... If you are going to call what it is, then killing a person is what it is... You want a guilt-free card with semantics about choice... But really you don't want any other choices...

Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
For those of you who are totally against abortion, what are you going to do when women have babies they don't want and can't afford? Are you going to take them in? Pay for them? Comforting these babies when they wake up crying four times each night? Pro-life means respecting life from cradle to grave, after all. What's the plan after they are born? After these bans are enacted, there are consequences. This is real life. It's messy. It's not ideal. The problem won't magically solve itself just because Louisiana bans abortion. Once they are born, our taxes will go up, because the children will need CHIP, SNAP, and Food Stamps. Are you willing to pay more taxes?
They see unwanted babies as punishment for what they always perceive as unprotected sex women stupidly had. So they simply believe that women should just deal with the consequences of their actions, which includes raising a child, and that it should be entirely her responsibility. Maybe the dad's if he's around, but if he bailed - oh well, stupid irresponsible woman who had sex is stuck with the kid.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A fetus ISN'T a real person, it is an organism that has the POTENTIAL to become a real person.

A fetus does not care if it is aborted or not.....that is just YOU projecting your feelings onto something that does not have the capacity to think or feel or care.

Do you think there are little ghost fetuses floating around somewhere crying because they were aborted?
It is a real person not because I said so or that you dispute it, because it simply is... It doesn't matter if there are laws that says it isn't... Because being a person isn't defined by you or the law... You just choose to make it law so you can go on defending your premise of legitimately killing a person... I am not projecting any feelings, it's capacity doesn't make it any less of a person... Capacity is not a requirement to be a person, it never has been... I think there are great majority of fetuses that have been killed that would rather not... Ironically, some of these fetuses grow up and wish to legitimize killing other fetuses.....

Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Except for to make it possible? That's a pretty damned big "except".....and it makes you partially responsible $$$$$.

If you want to force birth you can't expect to walk away scot-free......and in the real world you won't.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:47 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
That's ridiculous though. What about people that take necessary precautions and still end up pregnant by accident? Making them put the baby up for adoption is extreme.
Did they also accidentally copulate?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Except for to make it possible? That's a pretty damned big "except".....and it makes you partially responsible $$$$$.

If you want to force birth you can't expect to walk away scot-free......and in the real world you won't.
Who walks free? How do you think adoptions and foster care are made? Magic fairy dust? Who do you think ends up paying for it all? If you already, who is the person that really has a problem with paying for it? As if adoption centers funding is really a "choice"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies