Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:02 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So does adultery and a bevy of other sins that Christians participate in gleefully every day.
What makes you think a lot of Christians A. engage in those sins, and B. support people who do that???

Old 06-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It's about whether someone is repentant or not. If someone is actively sinning then the person isn't repentant.
Im talking about the legality of them firing him, not your religious stand point.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nowhere does it state that one has to be fired for being gay. People got upset with Jesus when he treated people all the same regardless of who they were when others thought they should be treated poorly.
Im guessing something in the Organizations contract does, but either way, he was fired for it, fair or not.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:33 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why is his work place following his social media ???? Your private life is still your private life.
So why would someone post details of their “private life” and get upset when someone reads it and the consequences come back to bite them in the ass? If it’s private, common sense would indicate to not post it in a public venue. My employer has full view not only of my social media, but access to my credit data and my medical information. Now *that* is invasive, but part of the deal so I accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Where in the world do you get fired for simply being straight? Bartender at a gay nightclub?
Maybe a florist, hair stylist or interior decorator?

Old 06-15-2019, 05:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
It's about whether someone is repentant or not. If someone is actively sinning then the person isn't repentant.
Not really true. A.A. Allen preached to thousands and brought the word to who knows how many but he struggled his entire life with alcoholism.

It wasn't something he didn't try or want to get past, he just never fully could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._A._Allen

Old 06-15-2019, 06:59 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not really true. A.A. Allen preached to thousands and brought the word to who knows how many but he struggled his entire life with alcoholism.

It wasn't something he didn't try or want to get past, he just never fully could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._A._Allen
I'm nitpicking, but I believe that was the point of yspobo's post. There's a difference between actively sinning and struggling with sin. We all struggle to one degree or another, some more than others, and everyone with different things.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Maybe Soros should fund camps for sexually confused young people and leave the Christian camps to the non-confused.

I’m sure this kid enjoyed the attention.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:09 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Don't care. Religious groups are for people who buy into the philosophies and whatever else it entails. I wouldn't join any for my own reason so go find another sect, or something secular, to do with yourself.
Finally a respectful negative view on religion.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I can't remember the exact words, but I do remember reading it was about someone who is currently, actively sinning, and who continues to do so. Meaning, they can't ask for salvation asking God or Jesus to save them if they continue to do the very same thing with no effort at all to stop the behavior or way of thinking, or whatever their issue is.

What people don't understand, even some who call themselves Christians, is that you can't actually call yourself a Christian unless you do live as clean a life as possible. Because if you don't, you are not actually "walking with God" as they say. You can find a whole lot of phony Christians in this country.

You can't just go to church, read your Bible, say "amen" a few times each Sunday, and then go home and do whatever "pleases the flesh" as it says and think you're "saved". It doesn't actually work that way.

Back to the religious people who denied this kid the job:

First of all, the article did state that the kid had actually been going to that church, he knew that church viewed homosexuality as a sin, he eventually came out to family, and then he put up a FB photo for his profile of him and his boyfriend. That is when the church found out he was gay.

This is no different than any other company seeing something on your social media that they don't accept, (and again, not agreeing with a lifestyle does not mean they hate the person, and it doesn't mean they are judging the person, it simply means they disagree with it), and removing you from your job. It's happened a LOT. This forum has had many threads about people posting stuff on social media and losing their jobs because of it...simple as a photo of them with a drink in their hand clearly tipsy or drunk. Company doesn't like it, company dismisses them. It's literally the same thing.

And as I always like to throw out there when it comes to some people bashing on Christians because they think that all Christians are on the right - my mom is quite religious. She's very much a Christian. She's also a Democrat. That image that some have of mid western old people being evil and judgemental as their idea of what a Christian is, is ridiculously off the mark. Don't forget, Christians come in all colors, too. It's not just "inbred white people" as some pretend that they are.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Anyone who has ever read my posts on the topic of gays, bi's, Lesbians or Transgender people know I am a staunch supporter of their rights to be who they are. I am also a supporter in the rights of people to choose who they associate with.

The young man is likely a good person and possibly a role model for many. That said, it is a Christian camp and there are absolutely no mysteries about their position on homosexuals of any kind. Closed minded. Yes. stupid? Hell yes. But it is their choice, or at least it should be.

There are people I stay away from.
Known drug users. I distance myself. I dont want what they got and I don't want their problems in my life.
Known criminals. Yeah we all want the local mob guy coming over for a beer.
Ill say it. I detest Russians and Chinese. Fly on a 15 hour flight with mainland Chinese and you won't be happy with them either. Russians. The ones I have met are loud, pushy and obnoxious. Some of the women are hot tho.

I have Transgender friends, I had them over for a party at my house on Thursday. Anniversary party. I chose to associate it wasn't forced. No one wants to be forced. Besides that other than wanting attention , who would willingly work where they know that they aren't wanted?

Sort of like those money grabbers picking on that bakery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies