Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 08:28 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You can't put all liberals in the same basket. There are extremists on both sides. Extremists in the liberal camp are self-loathing. That doesn't mean all liberals are self-loathing.

If you don't want people indicting all conservatives, you shouldn't play the same game when it comes to discussing libs.

Your extremists are acting like the stasi, constantly in people's business like it's theirs, always blaming everyone, they're the reason trust level has gotten low in this country and people are becoming more cliquish, more reserved, less opening, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 08:28 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems as though libs have regressed to a state self loathing, in that they routinely express anger and hate over themselves.

Witness the new lib obsessions:

1. hating everything associated with being white- "white priveledge" and "white supremacy" are two of the favorite liberal sound bytes today.

2. hating males and "toxic masculinity"

3. hating Americans and American exceptionalism (they are Americans, whether they like it or not)

4. hating capitalists (got news for you)

5. hating those who produce CO2

Lots of hate and self loathing going around. One cannot function as a normal human being and hate yourself, as it is all consuming and creates a mal-adjusted individual. Perhaps as conservatives, we should seek a program to buy a lib a puppy or a kitten to cheer them up and start to curb the self loathing.

How many times do we hear even lib politicians "apologize" for being white or a white male? What the heck is going on in their heads?
Since when is white privilege, male privilege, etc. considered hating those groups?

Old 06-15-2019, 08:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Your extremists are acting like the stasi, constantly in people's business like it's theirs, always blaming everyone, they're the reason trust level has gotten low in this country and people are becoming more cliquish, more reserved, less opening, etc.
MY extremists? And who do you think you're schooling? I'm a Democrat who has moved closer to the middle because of the insanity of the extreme liberals.

If you cannot discuss any topic without broad generalizations about entire groups, you lose all credibility. That's my point - and you've just proven it.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:33 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Since when is white privilege, male privilege, etc. considered hating those groups?
No such thing as white privilege or male privilege, except to the Kool-Aid drinkers.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:33 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL. Nope sorry to bust your definition and I’m definitely not a conservative
OP seems to have manufactured phony distinctions, and worse, has applied them in a rather obvious antagonistic and inconsistent manner. I am always amazed when those who go all in on a political bandwagon do not even know the party's platform and philosophy.

I always wonder if the inaccurate and imprecise stereotyping that exists, in threads such as this, is deliberate, personal shame turned into projection, or just ignorant pablum regurgitation.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:34 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
MY extremists? And who do you think you're schooling? I'm a Democrat who has moved closer to the middle because of the insanity of the extreme liberals.

If you cannot discuss any topic without broad generalizations about entire groups, you lose all credibility. That's my point - and you've just proven it.

It's not a broad generalization, it's a inconvenient truth that liberals don't want to admit.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
I'll try once again to spot light the logical fallacy conundrum, hopefully this time without risk of having my post characterized as a personal attack and deleted for merely repeating that old saw comparing the O/P's silly post being analogous to that of the assumptive conundrum of the question: "Are you still beating your wife?"?

First it implies the person asking the question already knows that an activity or belief is factual where no evidence is presented to support the claim, then it puts the responder in the impossible conundrum of answering in any manner whatsoever only lending credence to that assumption.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:40 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
New England is Trump country?
Yes, it has moved from downtown Chicago to New England.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:49 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Right wing myth. The one thing you can count on is that anytime the right explains what the left believes they lie. Quite consistent. This is a fine example.

I am a mature white maie. I had a fine career and did well. I am liberal on many things but not all. I come from a long line of liberals including a mother who was a radical liberal in her youth and a grandmother who was a Tammany Hall operative in the north of Manhattan for 50 years.

I do not loathe myself or other white males. To a first order we are the ones who have made the thing work. The ladies are now making a growing contribution which is also a good thing. A reasonable balance where talent dominates would appear the desired outcome.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:55 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Most of the time where I see a thread about “liberal self loathing” or “social justice warriors” or “white privilege” what comes to my mind is a middle aged white guy pounding on a keyboard who’s frustrated that he made bad choices and now wants to strike out at others for not making the same mistakes.

Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies