Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Congress go first. Political enema for all the house nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 11:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He's President with a beautiful wife, flies in AF1 and owns Golf Courses and mucho Real Estate with his name on it.

Me or you don't. He must be doing something right.
Most folks did not start with family wealth, an Ivy League education and don't have 6 bankruptcies under their belt, either.

He protected his personal wealth while stiffing banks, investors and contractors.

And I say this as someone who voted for Trump.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:55 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post

The DOJ doesn't make the laws. There is a law on the books indicating that the IRS supply any returns requested by congress. The TRUMP DOJ is advising that the law be ignored. It is not acting per the constitution of the USA. It is acting as the DJT's legal defense.
Not really. The statute requires that Congress must have a legitimate legislative purpose to request presidential tax returns. As the Office of Legal Counsel made clear in its able opinion, the Ways & Means Committee had no such purpose in mind when it subpoenaed Trump's tax returns.

In fact, the OLC actually went so far as to say (on multiple occasions, quoting various Democratic buffoons verbatim) that it was crystal clear that the Ways & Means Committee was lying in its claim to be reviewing presidential audit procedures; rather, it was abundantly clear to the OLC judges that the only reason Ways & Means subpoenaed Trump's tax returns was for the purpose of releasing them to the public. As you are no doubt well aware, such a purpose is not contemplated or even permitted pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 6103(a).

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...ax-Returns.pdf

So, that's it. That's all. There's no last call. The Ways & Means Committee's subpoenas have been ruled invalid, and the Secretary of the Treasury was entirely correct in refusing to release Trump's tax returns. The Ways & Means Committee has been shot down in ignominious, flaming defeat. There's no recourse. The matter is concluded. Fini. It's a dead letter. The end of the road. The jeg (alternate spelling; middle letter is actually "i") is up.

Those who were hyperventilating at the prospect of having Trump's tax returns released will have to find something else to occupy their time. Cuz it ain't happening until Trump decides it is.

Last edited by Milton Miteybad; 06-15-2019 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Corrected Code Section number.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:37 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Well that's the end of that. I said yesterday President Trump says no --that's it.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Well that's the end of that. I said yesterday President Trump says no --that's it.
When Donald Trump, er, I mean the DOJ says no, it is time to zip it and quit.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:45 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
When Donald Trump, er, I mean the DOJ says no, it is time to zip it and quit.
it's the end of the line, the checkered flag has been waved, time to go home and unclog your fuel lines Democrats.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:58 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
1924 law says otherwise..

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/9/1829680...-legal-experts

Old 06-15-2019, 07:03 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Personally I dont think that the house should have the power to review anyones taxes. If a law has been broken, get a warrant and the DOJ will handle it.

People forget. The rights you take from another are the rights you eventually forfeit for yourself. There isn't an elected rep out there that I would trust with my personal information especially a SSN. Bunch of professional liars, cheats and sellouts.

The people who are all for this are only for it because they hate Trump. If it were Obama and the cons were doing it, the left would be freaking out.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:39 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
The TDS gang in Congress made the same huge error that Trump has made on numerous occasions. Just as he has repeatedly sabotaged himself by talking too much and the courts then using it against him, the Dems have done the same thing in this case. They have similarly already sabotaged their upcoming impeachment efforts by calling for his impeachment before he even took office. Their rhetoric has already made it an illegitimate effort in the public’s eye. To proceed will only hurt them in 2020.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Wow, ever since the collusion delusion failed, new and more desperate attempts to oust a legally seated president are reaching new heights of hysteria.

Trump is not releasing his tax returns because;

A he doesn’t have to and;
B by not releasing them he gives crazy liberals something to focus on other than what he is doing.

Even addled Pelosi knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies