Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 01:05 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
What you're saying is that libertarians hold their views, based on propaganda by corporates - you need to go beyond just saying things, and show why that is so.

I think taking money off people, for services and a social order not wanted by the person, is a form of slavery, and the State will eventually use force if you don't comply with it's demands -the first statement can't be logically shown to be incorrect, and the second is self evident.

I'm saying that corporations have a heavily invested in convincing Americans to defund the government

That's because the government is the primary countervailing force against corporate tyranny

Libertarians are unwittingly handing our democratically-elected government over to the corporate monsters via privatization of government services

If the government doesn't demand taxation how will we pay for military police Fire EMS infrastructure and all the other critical government services?

You people don't want police???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Ask those on the libertarian spectrum, including the an-caps.
I did

they just prattle on about how taxation is slavery and is collected via a "gun to your head"

Old 06-22-2019, 01:19 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The people putting forward this absurd analogy would be the first to complain if the services funded by taxes were to cease.
A) The complaint is about having no choice over what services we get, and who we pay for them. Walmart can't force their products and services on you, outlaw competition, and claim you consent by living in a territory they say belongs to them.

B) Even if you believe taxes are necessary or justified, that doesn't mean a gun won't eventually be pulled on you if you continually refuse to comply. It's not absurd, and it's not even an analogy...if the demand wasn't backed by force, people could just ignore them. I would.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:24 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I'm saying that corporations have a heavily invested in convincing Americans to defund the government

That's because the government is the primary countervailing force against corporate tyranny

Libertarians are unwittingly handing our democratically-elected government over to the corporate monsters via privatization of government services

If the government doesn't demand taxation how will we pay for military police Fire EMS infrastructure and all the other critical government services?

You people don't want police???
If it's their ideology, why would they be acting unwittingly? - privatization of government services are part of libertarian thinking.

What makes you think I'm a Libertarian? -I just think being forced to handover money, with the threat of force as the bottom line, is a form of theft and slavery, and I don't believe I formed that view as a result of corporate propagnda.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:25 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
If it's their ideology, why would they be acting unwittingly? - privatization of government services are part of libertarian thinking.

What makes you think I'm a Libertarian? -I just think being forced to handover money, with the threat of force as the bottom line, is a form of theft and slavery, and I don't believe I formed that view as a result of corporate propagnda.
That's their story, and they're sticking to it. It's all a big conspiracy, and anyone who disagrees is just brainwashed.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Same as any fight. If you think you can win, you can all stand and fight. If you think you have no chance, maybe you run.
Okay let's say there's 10 attackers and 10 able bodied men available to defend the village

my question is to you...

What would u do?

Old 06-22-2019, 01:30 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
That's their story, and they're sticking to it. It's all a big conspiracy, and anyone who disagrees is just brainwashed.
Yes, I think the OP isn't the most worldly of people, and tends towards the black/white line of thinking.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Walks like a duck
Quacks like a duck
Mabee a teal...but likely a duck

You believe that Libertarians actually understand that they will be putting a handful of corporations in charge of the country instead of a democratically-elected government?

Old 06-22-2019, 01:34 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
A) The complaint is about having no choice over what services we get, and who we pay for them. Walmart can't force their products and services on you, outlaw competition, and claim you consent by living in a territory they say belongs to them.

B) Even if you believe taxes are necessary or justified, that doesn't mean a gun won't eventually be pulled on you if you continually refuse to comply. It's not absurd, and it's not even an analogy...if the demand wasn't backed by force, people could just ignore them. I would.
That’s why taxes have to be compulsory. Relying on people just deciding to pay them would never work.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:35 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Hey at least there's more transparency nowadays when we have an entire organization dedicated to the bride pay her bride recipient dating service

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...change_Council
Many folks are on to ALEC by now. Granted, it took them long enough. Here's the new 'kid' on the block:

“PROJECT BLITZ” SEEKS TO DO FOR CHRISTIAN NATIONALISM WHAT ALEC DOES FOR BIG BUSINESS

“Project Blitz” Seeks to Do for Christian Nationalism What ALEC Does for Big Business | Religion Dispatches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies