Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 AM

59,252 posts, read 27,435,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That's just the spin on this ridiculous story.

The Equality Act amends the Civil Rights Act to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing, public accommodations, public education, federal funding, credit, and the jury system.
"The Equality Act amends the Civil Rights Act to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing, public accommodations, public education, federal funding, credit, and the jury system."

AND SEX AND RACE, yet we have Affirmative Action which is in DIRECT conflict with The Civil Rights act!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,302,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The far left and the far right going in circles will collide one of these days. Both are nuts.

I'm left of center and I think this is CRAZY.
AKA sensible liberal.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 AM

17,463 posts, read 9,293,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The war beteeen women and trans women is forthcoming. You can bet on it.
There won’t be war between women and trans women ... it will be women against Democrats who are supporting Radical Leftists. Looks like the Total Hysterical Meltdown Leftists are going to dump their biggest Demographic ... Women.

Mothers, teens, female athletes and Lesbians are against biological males competing & showering with females.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:49 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I actually think there is more to it than sports.

That's the focus now.

They want to revise Civil Rights legislation. This is bigger than sports... it just hasn't revealed itself yet.
^^^^^This. It is SPECIAL RIGHTS over and above other people's rights for select groups now. Blacks, Women, LGBTxyz. Next will be Muslims, and Illegal Aliens. This is totally against the concept if the U.S.

I have no problem with women competing with men for slots on male teams. But don't be a male, dressed up as a female (lying) and try to unfairly compete with real women.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 AM

20,350 posts, read 19,962,643 times
More college scholarship money for males. Not bad

Old 06-19-2019, 12:24 PM

16,647 posts, read 8,660,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
I fully support having women play on mens sports teams as well.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with your snarky response. I stand by my view and you/others will deal with it.

I can say the moon is purple but that does not make it reality.

Women do not, and can not be on mens professional teams, because the best woman is not as good as the worst player on any mens team, whether it be basketball or any other physical sport.

The irony of course is that this subject is the opposite, and poses a serious threat to womens sports.
For example, the top men tennis players will not suddenly become women to compete, because they are making a fortune and do not want to ruin their reputations.
However once you get outside the top 200 men or so on the ATP tour, many of those guys are struggling to make ends meet money wise.
Yet any of them, say in the top 500-1000 could wipe the floor with the top women on the WTA tour. Remember most tournaments give equal prize money to both the men & women.
So one of these guys barely making a living might decide to "identify" as a woman, and be able to win hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.

I don't watch womens sports so in some ways do not care about it. However I also understand that the leftists want to rub raw every tradition, norm, and custom in our culture. If they take the side of the rare transsexual over womens best interests, they will potentially ruin womens sports.
Frankly I do not see how that benefits anything.
Do you?

`

Old 06-19-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Lets hope pole dancing never becomes an Olympic sport, that would help normalize if not give tacit approval to prostitution.

However I am reminded of a funny episode from a sitcom called "King of Queens".
Who is the better pole dancer, the gal or the guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENtx9sPYZA

VS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQ4jNJPhDg

`

Last edited by Vector1; 06-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
I actually think there is more to it than sports.

That's the focus now.

They want to revise Civil Rights legislation. This is bigger than sports... it just hasn't revealed itself yet.
you're absolutely right, it goes waaay beyond just sports.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/13/t...and-charities/

Quote:
Mixing and matching from each column suggests drastic — and unanticipated — implications of the proposed law:

1) Dating apps aimed at specific communities like J-Swipe (Jewish), Mutual (Mormon), MiCrush (Latino), and ChristianMingle could be forced to shut down or radically change missions. New Jersey’s version of the Equality Act was used in 2010 to force the Christian-run eHarmony.com to stop its policy of matching only male-female couples.

2) A battered women’s shelter could no longer turn away men to keep female residents feeling safe. A man would not have to claim he was female to gain access, just that he was abused.

3) Similarly, a social-services organization providing food and shelter to “street kids” would be required to cater to 40- and 50-year-olds on an equal basis, even if that would destroy the agency’s mission.

4) Hair salons would not be able to charge women more, even if cutting women’s hair requires more time and skill. Currently, gender-based price discrimination is illegal only in California (although some courts elsewhere have also outlawed it).

5) Kosher food banks could be forbidden from favoring clients who need groceries meeting strict religious needs, since that would discriminate against non-Jews.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:43 PM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
... along w/ 8 Republicans.

DEMOCRATS UNANIMOUS AS HOUSE PASSES BILL FORCING SCHOOLS TO LET MALE ATHLETES COMPETE IN GIRLS’ SPORTS

The bill amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law.

Among other things, that would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Three former elite female athletes, Doriane Coleman, Martina Navratilova and Sanya Richards-Ross, warned that the Equality Act would wreak havoc on women’s sports in an April 29 Washington Post op-ed.

“The legislation would make it unlawful to differentiate among girls and women in sports on the basis of sex for any purpose. For example, a sports team couldn’t treat a transgender woman differently from a woman who is not transgender on the grounds that the former is male-bodied,” the former athletes wrote.

Which looker room would they use?
Synonymous vote:

House Democrats Unanimously Vote To Approve To Let Heavyweight Boxers Compete in Flyweight Boxing Class

What could possibly be unfair about that?

Last edited by ChrisC; 06-19-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 06-19-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The far left and the far right going in circles will collide one of these days. Both are nuts.

I'm left of center and I think this is CRAZY.
Well you are in good company, as so are people like Alan Dershowitz and John Turley among many others. However they (like possibly you) are old school liberals who believe in free speech, and much of traditional American values/traditions.
The leftist kooks that are running/leading the Democratic party today, make old school liberals look like conservatives.

I have two family members who have been life long Democrats, yet both are leaving the party. One said she cannot vote (R) in most cases, but will also not be voting (D) unless it is someone normal. It was a surprise to many because she was fairly hard left, as defined a decade or so ago.
The other one not only left the (D's), but has announced she is voting for Trump.
Everyone in the family (both left and right) dropped their jaws on both accounts.
But things like this issue, support of wackos like BLM & Antifa, etc. is causing many liberals and most moderates to say

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies