Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 12:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why is this an issue? WHY are democrats spending all their time on stuff that will in no way improve the country?

It's flipping SPORTS.

Why are they so fixated on what sex people *want* to be???

This is what matters to liberal congresspeople. Sports. And who can play them. A long as it's Choose Your Own Sex Day.

Isnt there anything more important that they can be doing?
Votes, that's all they're interested in, so they can rule the people and grow government bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 12:50 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,342 times
Yeah, this is strange.

I'm a PROUD Left leaning liberal. If you tell me that you identify as a different gender than the one you are biologically, I will respect that.
I have a good friend whom I've watched transition from female to male. It's a huge process and I have all the respect in the world for someone who goes through that process.

That said, biology is still a fact. A sport where you have females and males compete against each other, ESPECIALLY if scholarships are on the line, makes for unfair advantages. Period.
I'm a feminist and believe in equality. However that's not what this is.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:55 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... along w/ 8 Republicans.

DEMOCRATS UNANIMOUS AS HOUSE PASSES BILL FORCING SCHOOLS TO LET MALE ATHLETES COMPETE IN GIRLS’ SPORTS

The bill amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law.

Among other things, that would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Three former elite female athletes, Doriane Coleman, Martina Navratilova and Sanya Richards-Ross, warned that the Equality Act would wreak havoc on women’s sports in an April 29 Washington Post op-ed.

“The legislation would make it unlawful to differentiate among girls and women in sports on the basis of sex for any purpose. For example, a sports team couldn’t treat a transgender woman differently from a woman who is not transgender on the grounds that the former is male-bodied,” the former athletes wrote.
Which looker room would they use?

Can someone on the left explain to me how this is a good thing for women ?

Can you imagine a sub par male MMA fighter, wrestler or body builder deciding to take advantage of this ? Poof, wakes up one day and decides to "identify" as a female. A year or so of hormone therapy they join the ranks of female MMA fighters, wresters or body builders... and just pummel the competition.... SMH...

Old 06-19-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Yeah, this is strange.

I'm a PROUD Left leaning liberal. If you tell me that you identify as a different gender than the one you are biologically, I will respect that.
I have a good friend whom I've watched transition from female to male. It's a huge process and I have all the respect in the world for someone who goes through that process.

That said, biology is still a fact. A sport where you have females and males compete against each other, ESPECIALLY if scholarships are on the line, makes for unfair advantages. Period.
Thanks for sharing, there is still some sanity in the left.

I completely agree with you.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Can someone on the left explain to me how this is a good thing for women ?

Can you imagine a sub par male MMA fighter, wrestler or body builder deciding to take advantage of this ? Poof, wakes up one day and decides to "identify" as a female. A year or so of hormone therapy they join the ranks of female MMA fighters, wresters or body builders... and just pummel the competition.... SMH...
It is not good for women, but that seems irrelevent to the SJW's of the world.

Also, why would someone go the MMA route when the biggest prize in womens sports are tennis players.
Copied below explains what could happen to help ruin it for them;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I can say the moon is purple but that does not make it reality.

Women do not, and can not be on mens professional teams, because the best woman is not as good as the worst player on any mens team, whether it be basketball or any other physical sport.

The irony of course is that this subject is the opposite, and poses a serious threat to womens sports.
For example, the top men tennis players will not suddenly become women to compete, because they are making a fortune and do not want to ruin their reputations.
However once you get outside the top 200 men or so on the ATP tour, many of those guys are struggling to make ends meet money wise.
Yet any of them, say in the top 500-1000 could wipe the floor with the top women on the WTA tour. Remember most tournaments give equal prize money to both the men & women.
So one of these guys barely making a living might decide to "identify" as a woman, and be able to win hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions.

I don't watch womens sports so in some ways do not care about it. However I also understand that the leftists want to rub raw every tradition, norm, and custom in our culture. If they take the side of the rare transsexual over womens best interests, they will potentially ruin womens sports.
Frankly I do not see how that benefits anything.
Do you?

`

Old 06-19-2019, 10:54 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Why does this remind me of the old adage about the difference between a group of very wise pygmies and the women's track team?

Old 06-20-2019, 12:04 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
This is going to seem really stupid to everyone in a couple years. Everyone voting on this will be embarrassed.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It is not good for women, but that seems irrelevent to the SJW's of the world.

Also, why would someone go the MMA route when the biggest prize in womens sports are tennis players.
Copied below explains what could happen to help ruin it for them;

Good point, Golf should be added as well. A dude, sorry I mean transgender woman, could really clean up in the PGA.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Yeah, this is strange.

"whom I've watched transition from female to male."

Did she grow a penis? WITHOUT it SHE cannot be a male. PERIOD!

Old 06-20-2019, 05:17 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Good point, Golf should be added as well. A dude, sorry I mean transgender woman, could really clean up in the PGA.
" Golf should be added as well."

One of the best female golfers of all time, Anika Sorenstan, could NOT make the cut when she tried to compete in a men's tournament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies