Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 09:57 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
If you add the white house, the US house, the US senate, governorships, and state leglslative bodies, the GOP controls right at 60% of the turf. Until 2018 the number was even higher. GOP had 33 governorships prior to Nov 2018; Dems had 16, so more than a 2-1 ratio. The numbers are now down to 27-23, but with the GOP still ahead.

At least Newsome represents a step up from the recent thread where a psychic predicted the demise of the GOP based on her Tarot readings.

2020 will most certainly even the field. Prepare for a big loss if you are a Republican.

We are headed into a historic change. It's in the astrological charts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:44 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,201,734 times
This is the best the GOP has done since 2004ish. The Supreme Court is conservative for the foreseeable future. Great time for the country and to be a conservative

Old 06-19-2019, 05:35 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,262,994 times
sounds like this clown wants to run for the white house down the road. He will be banked rolled by his Aunt Nancy "bat s**** crazy" Pelosi. Doubt he would win though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-the-waste-bin

I wish I got paid every time some dire prognostication was made about the imminent demise of both the right and the left over the course of my life. If I did then I could buy my own way into the presidency and do my best to wipe both of them out.

This is my favorite part:

"America in 2019 is California in the 1990s,” he told Politico. “The xenophobia, the nativism, the fear of ‘the other.’ Scapegoating. Talking down or past people. The hysteria. And so, we’re not going to put up with that. We are going to push back.”"

Yeah, it's not like the modern left is infected down to its very core with any of those things. No sirree.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,673,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The Democrats do need the Republicans to keep them on the straight and narrow path towards good policies that benefit everyone. Two parties are indispensable for keeping things honest. But what we don't need is a republican-dominated bunch of political mobsters, as we have now in the Federal Government and about 1/3 of all state governments. One thing that the disaster of the Trump era may have accomplished, is to drive such a wedge between the parties, that the "duopoly" of the two may not be working so well anymore, to serve their own interests, at the expense of the people. Politics will be much more polarized to one side or another, for some time into the future.
Liberalism finds a way.

Examples of liberalism defeating its enemies:
China
Russia
Venezuela
North Korea
Cuba
Etc

Old 06-19-2019, 06:13 AM

73,131 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Most of Newsoms babble are not accepted outside of CA.
Depends on where you go. I'm not saying I agree with everything Gavin Newsom does or says. I'm saying that there are many people outside of California who wouldn't have any problem with Newsom.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:15 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,629,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
In a two party duopoly which limits voices and choices for the people, there is no way that will happen. The political system is designed to work for the moneyed elite who'll bet on both horses and win every time.
/end thread
You win this thread.

Neither party represents 75% of the country. One well to the left of the great majority and one to the right of the great majority.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,607,538 times
Newsom got it wrong: that is where America is heading. And fast.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:48 AM

2,923 posts, read 981,436 times
the earthquakes can't come soon enough

id hire this pos to be a crash test dummy that's about it

Old 06-19-2019, 08:43 AM

73,131 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
the earthquakes can't come soon enough

id hire this pos to be a crash test dummy that's about it
You want California to be destroyed by an earthquake?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,673,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
In a two party duopoly which limits voices and choices for the people, there is no way that will happen. The political system is designed to work for the moneyed elite who'll bet on both horses and win every time.

I agree neither side wants the other side vanquished since it can then lead to a multiple parties rising from the ashes, which the victor does not want.

So they put on this dg and pony show while collaborating with each other to make sure there is no significant third party. Fringe ones are tolerated, the serious ones squashed like bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies