Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 05:33 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m guessing all knowledge of just how great our lives were in the past will be erased as well. Gotta adapt to the 3rd world moving in.

America was once a wide open, beautiful and safe place. Imagine that.
Well, it could be a form of karma, seeing that the USA was founded on stolen land. And, the immigrants that flock to the USA is mostly in part because of US policies. From the wars in the Middle East (which really is none of our concern, let the UN deal with it) to the war on drugs and America's drug addiction which have wrecked havoc on the Hispanic countries south of us.

And the people who gain from these wars will keep their power by creating division like this throughout the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 05:36 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Had the CSA won they would have actually cherrished their sovereignty and kept a handle on the Southern border, unlike the treasonous suits who've been running American into the ground the last 50 years.
Well, what matters to my is MY freedom. I care more about that than anything. I'm glad the Confederacy lost.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:05 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, it could be a form of karma, seeing that the USA was founded on stolen land. And, the immigrants that flock to the USA is mostly in part because of US policies. From the wars in the Middle East (which really is none of our concern, let the UN deal with it) to the war on drugs and America's drug addiction which have wrecked havoc on the Hispanic countries south of us.

And the people who gain from these wars will keep their power by creating division like this throughout the country.
So we deserve a sort of pay back, eh? Even though a handful of globalist dirt bags who've been running the show for the last 100 years swear more to global allegiance than American alegiance?

Old 06-22-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
So we deserve a sort of pay back, eh? Even though a handful of globalist dirt bags who've been running the show for the last 100 years swear more to global allegiance than American alegiance?
Never said anything about deserving. It's just, you reap what you sow. If not in your life time, then in future generations.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:44 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
totalitarian states always tear down the past and rewrite history
I guess for many it’s a way of getting a fresh start but then again we tend to repeat past errors
like -no whites allowed -signs posted at universities at some events

Old 06-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
totalitarian states always tear down the past and rewrite history
I guess for many it’s a way of getting a fresh start but then again we tend to repeat past errors
like -no whites allowed -signs posted at universities at some events
This is true, and I have noticed. It's happening with everything in the USA lately. Football, Star Wars, comic books and related movies and TV shows, movies, music and entertainment. Even the American tradition of drinking milk and eating beef has been subject to attacks from the totalitarian using PC or some faux environmental protecting acts to attack our traditions.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Never said anything about deserving. It's just, you reap what you sow. If not in your life time, then in future generations.
My ancestors (a lot of them) didn't even come to America until around 1900. Moreover, they came to Minnesota and we didn't really profit from slavery (despite lies that all of America benefited from it) - and if anything, MN lost more from slavery than gained anything since we were one of the first state to volunteer union soldiers, many who died ending slavery.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Oh well. You’ll live OP. Promise.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
My ancestors (a lot of them) didn't even come to America until around 1900. Moreover, they came to Minnesota and we didn't really profit from slavery (despite lies that all of America benefited from it) - and if anything, MN lost more from slavery than gained anything since we were one of the first state to volunteer union soldiers, many who died ending slavery.
But, that's the thing, they still came to America, which is stolen lands that have been built with some form of slave labor. Even today, we have the laws on the books where companies can import foreigners under that H1B1 Visa and take advantage of them. Don't have to pay the high wages, and the employer doesn't have to worry about paying social security for that employee either.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
But, that's the thing, they still came to America, which is stolen lands that have been built with some form of slave labor. Even today, we have the laws on the books where companies can import foreigners under that H1B1 Visa and take advantage of them. Don't have to pay the high wages, and the employer doesn't have to worry about paying social security for that employee either.
Stolen land? Well...the Mystic Lake Native tribe are the wealthiest people (per capita) on the face of the planet. I can almost assure you that they don't want anyone leaving MN any time soon. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lion-year.html

Also, that's not getting into how brutal Natives were to their fellows here in America before Europeans showed up. https://www.science20.com/news_artic...arrived-141847
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies