Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 12:47 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Discussion about Fox News, the media and how we all process what's going on around us is fairly common in many of these threads. Here's a little more I read this morning that I think is worth consideration for those with all manner of opinion about what Fox News is really all about. Who tends to be most of the Fox News audience. Interesting take on who tend to be the "angry" ones too...

"Fox News has enjoyed massive success on Facebook, where its followers tend to mirror the channel’s rightwing hosts: they’re loud, there’s a lot of them and they’re angry.

So how does Fox do it?

When it comes to engagement, Fox News succeeds by tapping into conservative anger, said AJ Bauer, a professor of media, culture and communication at New York University who specializes in rightwing movements.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ckerbergs-site

According to Nielsen, half of Fox News viewers are over 65, and while Facebook keeps user statistics close to its chest, a 2018 study of the UK found that teens and young adults were ditching the network, with older people flocking the other way.

As one who checks Fox News online every morning then a bit of this forum too, no big surprise for me anyway...

Old 07-06-2019, 01:49 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Discussion about Fox News, the media and how we all process what's going on around us is fairly common in many of these threads. Here's a little more I read this morning that I think is worth consideration for those with all manner of opinion about what Fox News is really all about. Who tends to be most of the Fox News audience. Interesting take on who tend to be the "angry" ones too...

"Fox News has enjoyed massive success on Facebook, where its followers tend to mirror the channel’s rightwing hosts: they’re loud, there’s a lot of them and they’re angry.

So how does Fox do it?

When it comes to engagement, Fox News succeeds by tapping into conservative anger, said AJ Bauer, a professor of media, culture and communication at New York University who specializes in rightwing movements.

According to Nielsen, half of Fox News viewers are over 65, and while Facebook keeps user statistics close to its chest, a 2018 study of the UK found that teens and young adults were ditching the network, with older people flocking the other way.

As one who checks Fox News online every morning then a bit of this forum too, no big surprise for me anyway...
Baby Boomers still flock to Fox and the mainstream conservative movement for its usual platform of low taxes, less government, pro-capitalism and pro-Israel stances.

However, (white) Millenials and Generation Z is moving far to the right, more towards the ethno-nationalist/identitarian movement (aka Alt-right).

Even the less explicitly racial counterpart (civic nationalists like Breitbart) which still favors legal immigration and Israel, is mostly dominated by Baby Boomers.

Old 07-06-2019, 02:35 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:

Right-wing is loud and angry?
Left-wing are responsible for nearly every protest in America.

Old 07-06-2019, 02:49 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Meh, fox has a right slant and the majority of the rest have a left slant.

I skim around and try to get multiple views on a subject also bearing in mind of the sources.

Much of this stuff is simply ratings driven, click bait crap as well. Infotainment at the end of the day.

Old 07-06-2019, 03:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
There is also the fact that next month is their 100th b-day (earliest origin date I found for them)! This is counting their time as newsreels playing in movie theatres!

Old 07-06-2019, 03:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
But the right-wing is responsible for a vast majority of domestic terrorism.

The far- right, and far-left have a LOT more in common than either would admit to.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
But the right-wing is responsible for a vast majority of domestic terrorism.
Panti-fa: Hold my beer.

Quote:
The far- right, and far-left have a LOT more in common than either would admit to.
This is actually true. Keeping in mind the word 'far' when discussing either side. Not all liberals are communist pukes who throw or condone throwing of cement "milkshakes" at people. Not all conservatives are white supremacists or Nazi wanna bes.

I read a lot of different accounts on social media, whether I agree with them or not. The far left and the far right are so similar, it's not even remotely amusing. They have no idea how alike they are.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Don't try logic with the Far Left OP.

But Far Left CNN, NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), ABC (Disney), CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo, AP, Reuters, etc are OK?

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-06-2019 at 05:39 PM..

Old 07-06-2019, 05:18 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Panti-fa: Hold my beer.

This is actually true. Keeping in mind the word 'far' when discussing either side. Not all liberals are communist pukes who throw or condone throwing of cement "milkshakes" at people. Not all conservatives are white supremacists or Nazi wanna bes.

I read a lot of different accounts on social media, whether I agree with them or not. The far left and the far right are so similar, it's not even remotely amusing. They have no idea how alike they are.
Horeshoe theory.

Some say it's not true, but I think it is.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:35 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:

So how does Fox do it?

Well, if AJ Bauer ,professor of media, culture and communications at New York University says it, then it must be true. Oh, you did say he specializes in rightwing movements, yep you know its true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies