Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 06:23 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
As if FOX didn't lose enough credibility during their promotion and endless defense of the Iraq War,.....
Which network DID NOT promote war against Iraq?

Old 07-06-2019, 06:26 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
"So how does Fox do it?"
comparing other outlets:
really, really good lookers.
women and men.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:39 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Mr. Magoo, you certainly are fond of that 2012 article as you must have posted it at least a couple dozen times.
There are several posters like this one that post Troll threads, and only give troll like responses. No facts, nor evidence. Only conjecture, opinions, and dishonesty.

Fox is the best of the worst. That is just a fact as seen by their ratings. They are far from perfect, but at least always present both sides. They also have some Lefty presenters as well. They have often criticized Trump, even their conservative OPINION hosts. I have personally seen Tucker Carlson, Bret Baire, Brit Hume, Chris Wallace, and Neil Cavuto lambaste Trump, and not just once.

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-07-2019 at 06:42 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 05:56 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Most " cable news channels" are not "news" per se.... they're opinion TV. Yes there are some "news'' segments.

I watch FOX but I also watch MSNBC... this way I hear opposing opinions. If I want news I read about it, or watch local news. Before cable news there was just a few times a day you could watch the news, but you could always listen to the news on the radio.... which by the way is still the best way (listening) to learn about the news.

The questions ...

are we better informed? Yes I believe we are.
do we get accurate news? no we don't.
do people tend to believe what the see? Yes they do
do people make up their minds about the news and opinions? no they don't... they repeat the news and adopt opinions.
Is there a purely news reporting outlet? Hell no! In my best Inspector Clouseau voice... not any more.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:10 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Most " cable news channels" are not "news" per se.... they're opinion TV. Yes there are some "news'' segments.

I watch FOX but I also watch MSNBC... this way I hear opposing opinions. If I want news I read about it, or watch local news. Before cable news there was just a few times a day you could watch the news, but you could always listen to the news on the radio.... which by the way is still the best way (listening) to learn about the news.

The questions ...

are we better informed? Yes I believe we are.
do we get accurate news? no we don't.
do people tend to believe what the see? Yes they do
do people make up their minds about the news and opinions? no they don't... they repeat the news and adopt opinions.
Is there a purely news reporting outlet? Hell no! In my best Inspector Clouseau voice... not any more.

I try and not watch a whole lot of any of them. Seems like one is the Rep. news and the other is the Dem news, and then they beat up on each other. You have to weed out the truth. I dont think we're more well informed, just more one sided BS. I can live without Hannity, he just seems delusional.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Baby Boomers still flock to Fox and the mainstream conservative movement for its usual platform of low taxes, less government, pro-capitalism and pro-Israel stances.

However, (white) Millenials and Generation Z is moving far to the right, more towards the ethno-nationalist/identitarian movement (aka Alt-right).

Even the less explicitly racial counterpart (civic nationalists like Breitbart) which still favors legal immigration and Israel, is mostly dominated by Baby Boomers.
(White) millennials and genZ moving far to the right?

Old 07-07-2019, 07:00 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I try and not watch a whole lot of any of them. Seems like one is the Rep. news and the other is the Dem news, and then they beat up on each other. You have to weed out the truth. I dont think we're more well informed, just more one sided BS. I can live without Hannity, he just seems delusional.
Opinions are not BS... they're opinions. BS is if you pile on with lies. If you tend to believe through a particular paradigm, well them you see most other opinions as BS.

Hannity is like a shock jock and the TV has other channels so I'm guessing Hannity shouldn't offend anyone with a TV remote, doncha think? I'll counter with Rachael Maddow. So you see, opinion TV is just that... and no more. Sometimes listening to the lies is as important as listening to the truth assuming you can discern the truth.

Anyone who watches CNN is listening to "pandering news for ratings" and CNN is pure folly....and Yes I do tune in on occasion. Good to know where fools get their ludacris ideas and false facts.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:13 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Meh, fox has a right slant and the majority of the rest have a left slant.

I skim around and try to get multiple views on a subject also bearing in mind of the sources.

Much of this stuff is simply ratings driven, click bait crap as well. Infotainment at the end of the day.

I agree. We are now in 2019. Using the 24 hour cable news channels for your information made some sense from about the OJ Trial to a little after 9/11. But doing that today is just for people who want to watch someone who agrees with them. Maddow, Hannity or even Anderson Cooper or any of the others. Could be why only about 5 million out of over 300 million waste their time with cable news. Most have moved on. There are so many sources of unfiltered news if you just dig around a bit.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:20 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Exactly! The biggest problem with Fox News is that they don't even report the biggest and latest headlines. This morning, instead of talking about the 7.1 quake, they were commenting on stupid Democratic debates.

The channel has become a waste of time.
The Democrat debates were, indeed, stupid. But whatever could be gained by reporting on an earthquake in an earthquake zone where no one was killed?

Old 07-07-2019, 09:28 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Seems that these day, only the Leftists care about Fox. They can't stop talking about it.

Trump supporters know better than to pay mind to ANY cable news.
What Trump supporters also shy away from is Google and fact checking sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies