Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS Trump too belligerent??
Yes 50 49.50%
No 45 44.55%
The poor boy is misunderstood! 3 2.97%
What does belligerent mean? 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 09:27 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Does his belligerence help or hurt the US? (Tried to post a poll but can't follow the "make a poll" instructions. )
Of course it hurts the US - whether you look at the domestic example of the uptick in hate crimes or the international examples of how our traditional allies are drifting away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 01:04 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Probably for some extremely sensitive people. But he's not aiming to make everyone love him, he's just got a job to do. It's near impossible to do both.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:55 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
After 8 years of mealy mouthed, apologetic Obama's bowing and scraping, a little belligerence is refreshing.

And he's getting things done for Americans instead of apologizing and making excuses for us. He's the anti-Obama, which is why many of us voted for him.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:12 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
OH, once again, the assumption by some that this guy knows what he is doing, is a normal, functioning adult making actual decisions, himself.

Look, he is unable to be an agreeable, rational adult, likes "fighting back", is retaliatory, creates chaos, has one mode. He clearly has emotional problems, is a constant liar, a criminal, is unfit for and just going through the motions of being a president with those around him having to keep him afloat. HE should not even be there.

There has never been so much upheaval within an administration before of those quitting, being fired or some tolerating it for the sake of their jobs, I suppose. Why some will not see how abnormal this has been is unbelievable, but know that we are in the middle of a nightmare, waiting for it to end.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:55 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Does his belligerence help or hurt the US? (Tried to post a poll but can't follow the "make a poll" instructions. )

The mayor of London summed it up quite well when he said Trump is a 6' 3" child. Donald Trump is ugly inside and it comes out in the way he relates to others, speaks, and how he acts. This isn't strength we are seeing, it is arrogance and pettiness.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
After 8 years of mealy mouthed, apologetic Obama's bowing and scraping, a little belligerence is refreshing.

And he's getting things done for Americans instead of apologizing and making excuses for us. He's the anti-Obama, which is why many of us voted for him.
Who did Obama bow and scrape to?

You guys got mad because Obama wouldn’t bow and scrape to Israel.

I’m laughing because Trump ONLY bows and scrapes. The Saudis have punked him. The Russians have punked him. Venezuela basically ignored him. North Korea openly defied him and now they just laugh at him. The Iranians just watched him lose his nerve COMPLETELY over potential casualty counts. To make things worse, Trump went sniveling about it on Twitter. What a wimp.

Trump blew his trumpet super loud in his first year and fooled all of you into thinking he’s tough, but the real tough actors saw right through him. The Iranians have declared that all the sanctions in the world won’t bring them to the table. No fear of Trump whatsoever. They own Trump. Now Trump is trying to position himself as a reasonable diplomat...because all that barking with no biting has failed.

You right wingers are too easily impressed by tough talk. Mostly because conservatism lends itself to being weak and feckless anyway, so anyone that talks loud sounds appealing.

Trump is soft..just like the typical conservative male.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Trump is everything the Liberals wish they were... He's not a cry-baby sissy, with his tail between his legs...... so the Liberals don't understand someone that doesn't act just like they do.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:18 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Does his belligerence help or hurt the US?
Depends upon the situation.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
lol - you must be a liberal - over 8k posts and can't do a poll....
I never do the poll not because I can't but because I don't want to.

You think you are superior because you do the polls? I could be a jerk and say something like -- you must be a Trump fan with that kind of logic --- but that's hurling a personal insult and I don't do that. I leave that to others.

I don't do the polls. The polls are meant to spark a discussion -- I just jump to the discussion.

Enjoy doing the poll...it seems to be important to you.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:19 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump is everything the Liberals wish they were... He's not a cry-baby sissy, with his tail between his legs...... so the Liberals don't understand someone that doesn't act just like they do.
As someone who voted for him, he is absolutely a cry-baby. You can argue he has a right to be with the way he's treated, but he absolutely whines and complains on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies