Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The 2nd was written at a time when people carried muskets, and the 2nd does not apply to most automatic weapons or indeed every type of modern firearm.
The 2nd was written for citizens to be able to resist tyrannical government forces.

As government weaponry evolves, so does the civilian counterparts.

Did the founders ever propose a ban on cannons? Nope.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 AM

27,246 posts, read 13,534,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That is your opinion and you are not an American.
It's not an opinion, you can't buy a lot of weapons in the US as the law currently stands and there is a debate as to whether to extend this to include other types of firearms such as certain centerfire semi-automatics.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:28 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,487,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Get rid of the executive

Presidents are transient; rights are forever.
Unless you`re caught in a crossfire at the mall. Your rights could end with a stray bullet whether you`re armed or not.

Last edited by gmagoo; 06-30-2019 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: just an add on.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
It's not an opinion, you can't buy a lot of weapons in the US as the law currently stands and there is a debate as to whether to extend this to include other types of firearms such as certain centerfire semi-automatics.
If I chose to do so, I could go out and legally purchase a fully automatic 50 caliber machine gun.

It doesn't sound like you know the laws very well.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If I chose to do so, I could go out and legally purchase a fully automatic 50 caliber machine gun.

It doesn't sound like you know the laws very well.
NFA weapons are weapons that are heavily restricted at a federal level by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. These include automatic firearms (such as machine guns), short-barreled shotguns, and short-barreled rifles. Some states and localities place additional restrictions on such weapons.

Some states and localities place additional restrictions on certain semi-automatic firearms that they have defined as assault weapons, or on magazines that can hold more than a certain number of rounds of ammunition.

Quote:
The 2nd was written for citizens to be able to resist tyrannical government forces.

As government weaponry evolves, so does the civilian counterparts.

Did the founders ever propose a ban on cannons? Nope.
What do you think Government and Military forces will be armed with, they have aircraft, UAV's, tanks etc and they have powerful grenade launchers. The US Military patrolled bases on vehicles in Europe with Mark 19 Grenade Launchers during the Cold War, a weapons so powerful it could destroy a brick wall from miles away. Do you really think your AR-15 would match them.

Mk 19 grenade launcher - Wikipedia

Old 06-30-2019, 11:44 AM

3,864 posts, read 2,236,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s a very real possibility that the next Democrat President will try to take away guns by EO. They basically said this at the debate. What will be the response? Acquiescence? Ignoring? Resistance?
It would be WACO/Ruby Ridge all over the country.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
NFA weapons are weapons that are heavily restricted at a federal level by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. These include automatic firearms (such as machine guns), short-barreled shotguns, and short-barreled rifles. Some states and localities place additional restrictions on such weapons.

Some states and localities place additional restrictions on certain semi-automatic firearms that they have defined as assault weapons, or on magazines that can hold more than a certain number of rounds of ammunition.

What do you think Government and Military forces will be armed with, they have aircraft, UAV's, tanks etc and they have powerful grenade launchers. The US Military patrolled bases on vehicles in Europe with Mark 19 Grenade Launchers during the Cold War, a weapons so powerful it could destroy a brick wall from miles away. Do you really think your AR-15 would match them.

Mk 19 grenade launcher - Wikipedia

That was a lot of words admitting that I am correct.

If I wanted to, I could also purchase a fully working tank. All it would take is the money.

I'm just glad I could teach you something today.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
That was a lot of words admitting that I am correct.

If I wanted to, I could also purchase a fully working tank. All it would take is the money.

I'm just glad I could teach you something today.
You didn't teach me anything, you have laws restricting weapons already and the 2nd Amendment does not give you the right to buy any weapon you want.

As for an old tank, you could buy one but the military or government could easily take it out and you are not going to be able to buy any legal ammunition for such a weapon.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:58 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,587,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s a very real possibility that the next Democrat President will try to take away guns by EO. They basically said this at the debate. What will be the response? Acquiescence? Ignoring? Resistance?
President Trump said he would show his tax returns. Have you seen them?

Old 06-30-2019, 12:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It would be WACO/Ruby Ridge all over the country.
Yeah, it would be the 2nd American revolution...but I can guarantee, if the people came out victorious, it would go down in history as a patriotic and heroic event!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies