Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 05:28 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,686,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

I believe it is time for woman president, and Elizabeth Warren is that woman. The best combination in 202O is Elizabeth Warren, president, Bernie Sanders, vice president.
I agree a woman president would be great, but never Pocahontas.

A Warren/Sanders ticket would be the beginning of the destruction of the United States of America. If people like that get their way, we won't even be a free country anymore in a couple of generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 05:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,115,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

A Warren/Sanders ticket would be the beginning of the destruction of the United States of America. If people like that get their way, we won't even be a free country anymore in a couple of generations.
Amen. We must defeat these Marxists, at all cost.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:38 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,127,325 times
Quote:

Even worse, it would guarantee 4 more years of Trump.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Even worse, it would guarantee 4 more years of Trump.
Yep, a President who actually puts this country first, takes no BS from anyone, and basically tells everyone else to FO, that's what I want.

The more democrats and Europe hate America, the better America is doing.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:44 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,615,208 times
Quote:
Yep, a President who actually puts this country first, takes no BS from anyone, and basically tells everyone else to FO, that's what I want.

The more democrats and Europe hate America, the better America is doing.
We know you swallowed the Trump kool-aid, but do you really think that if the current bellicose attitude the emanates from the USA continues, that the former allies of the USA will be in a hurry to help out as they did after 9/11?

My guess is that your experience outside the country is none to nil in the past 3 years. Trump is viewed as a joke, and the USA is viewed no longer as an ally that can be trusted. Once that trust is broken, it will be a long time, if ever, that it will ever come back.

Bet that's just the way you like it, right? Just like Putin likes it.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
We know you swallowed the Trump kool-aid, but do you really think that if the current bellicose attitude the emanates from the USA continues, that the former allies of the USA will be in a hurry to help out as they did after 9/11?
More advice from the Canadian who bashes America yet uses it 6 months out of the year.

Our allies aren't "former allies" just because Trump is President.

And yes, they would all hurry to help out, regardless of whom is President. They owe us.

Quote:
My guess is that your experience outside the country is none to nil in the past 3 years.
I was in Jamaica last year.

Quote:
Trump is viewed as a joke
How many times do we have to tell you this: WE DON'T CARE. America is usually hated more when it's doing well. Everyone can't handle that we have a president putting our country first. I cannot possibly describe in words how little I care that Trump isn't popular overseas.

Quote:
and the USA is viewed no longer as an ally that can be trusted.
Could you amp up the drama just a little bit more?

Quote:
Once that trust is broken, it will be a long time, if ever, that it will ever come back.
Please, after everyone we have saved and protected and continue to protect, they'll always be right where we need them.

Quote:
Har har har, hilarious. Why don't you become an American citizen before you inject your (useless) Canadian opinion into everything.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:01 PM

20,908 posts, read 9,623,029 times
Quote:
Yep, a President who actually puts this country first...
Yeah well, except that he's not putting this country first.

Old 09-11-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:

My guess is that your experience outside the country is none to nil in the past 3 years. Trump is viewed as a joke, and the USA is viewed no longer as an ally that can be trusted. Once that trust is broken, it will be a long time, if ever, that it will ever come back.

Quote:
More advice from the Canadian who bashes America yet uses it 6 months out of the year.

Our allies aren't "former allies" just because Trump is President.

And yes, they would all hurry to help out, regardless of whom is President. They owe us.
Actually, the USA owes Canada. Remember 9/11? Remember Katrina? Remember the first nation who answered the call when USA invoked Section 5 of the NATO accord?

Quote:
I was in Jamaica last year.
Wonderful. I've been in 29 countries, including 9 last year, 7 of them in Europe. None of them view the USA as a trusted ally, with the possible exception of Hungary and Orban.

Quote:
How many times do we have to tell you this: WE DON'T CARE. America is usually hated more when it's doing well. Everyone can't handle that we have a president putting our country first. I cannot possibly describe in words how little I care that Trump isn't popular overseas.
Quote:
Could you amp up the drama just a little bit more?
This is the problem. The USA has always, from Truman to Eisenhower to Reagan to Obama been known as a reliable, trustworthy ally and trading partner.

No more. You have no idea how much that matters when push comes to shove when the US wants something.

Quote:
Please, after everyone we have saved and protected and continue to protect, they'll always be right where we need them.
You need to get out more and understand what the world is like.

Quote:
Har har har, hilarious. Why don't you become an American citizen before you inject your (useless) Canadian opinion into everything.
I spend my legally allowed time in the USA, in Florida, and listen to my neighbors, MOST of who are Republicans and who are just as disgusted and concerned. They, unlike many on this board, are erudite enough to understand what is going on. If the Democrats have a good enough middle of the road candidate, many will vote that way. If not, the same many have told me they will sit out.

Florida. In a red district. Think about that for a bit.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Actually, the USA owes Canada. Remember 9/11? Remember Katrina? Remember the first nation who answered the call when USA invoked Section 5 of the NATO accord?
Ok, great. Without us protecting you, Canada would have been invaded lonnnnng ago.

Quote:
Wonderful. I've been in 29 countries, including 9 last year, 7 of them in Europe. None of them view the USA as a trusted ally, with the possible exception of Hungary and Orban.
How many times do I have to say this? We do not care. All these countries that think Orange Man Bad, welp, they need us A LOT more than we need them. You don't even have a dog in this fight, not being an American citizen (though you use the country half of the year), and can't understand that we finally have a President who isn't letting the rest of the world walk all over us, like it has been under all the milquetoast Presidents we've had.

Quote:
This is the problem. The USA has always, from Truman to Eisenhower to Reagan to Obama been known as a reliable, trustworthy ally and trading partner.
It still is. China is finally going to have to pay up, though.

Quote:
No more. You have no idea how much that matters when push comes to shove when the US wants something.
You have no idea what you're even talking about when it comes to the US, no matter what "right" you think you have just because while hating our country, you choose to live here half the time.

Quote:
Lol, you know nothing about my travels. I've been all over the world.

Quote:
I spend my legally allowed time in the USA, in Florida, and listen to my neighbors, MOST of who are Republicans and who are just as disgusted and concerned.
Are you sure they're not also just Canadian snowbirds who think they have a right to try to "tell us how it is" like you do?

Quote:
They, unlike many on this board, are erudite enough to understand what is going on. If the Democrats have a good enough middle of the road candidate, many will vote that way. If not, the same many have told me they will sit out.
Ten dollar words now....fancy. Democrats it isn't looking good for, hate to tell ya. Per the title of this thread, Biden doesn't seem Presidential. He seems old and tired. He's probably America's best shot for the nomination, and what's funny is, I could live with him (though I'd never vote for him--Trump 2020).

But honestly the face of the democratic party is represented by AOC+3, which makes them even more screwed.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:

I spend my legally allowed time in the USA, in Florida, and listen to my neighbors, MOST of who are Republicans and who are just as disgusted and concerned. They, unlike many on this board, are erudite enough to understand what is going on. If the Democrats have a good enough middle of the road candidate, many will vote that way. If not, the same many have told me they will sit out.

Florida. In a red district. Think about that for a bit.
The above re-quoted for context.

Quote:
Ok, great. Without us protecting you, Canada would have been invaded lonnnnng ago.
Invaded from where? Learn your geography.

Quote:
How many times do I have to say this? We do not care. All these countries that think Orange Man Bad, welp, they need us A LOT more than we need them. You don't even have a dog in this fight, not being an American citizen (though you use the country half of the year), and can't understand that we finally have a President who isn't letting the rest of the world walk all over us, like it has been under all the milquetoast Presidents we've had.
Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan, Bush I and II, milquetoast? I've been in each of their Presidential Libraries, I've read the decisions they had to make, and to a man, none of them were "milquetoast". I am going back to Truman's and Bush I, as a non-academic, I am actually allowed to go through the archives, although one has to make an appointment to do so. (Don't ask me why, but I can't go through the others, specifically Eisenhower's, which I would love to; I have the world of respect for the man)

I am saddened, as a world citizen, that you would denigrate those Presidents that came before Trump, those Presidents who played a large part in actually making America great. Without the Eisenhower initiative of the interstate highway system, the USA would not be the economic power it is. It is probably the one greatest policy initiative from an economic perspective that happened.

No one, outside the Trump echo chamber, believes what he says. No one trusts him. And that reflects on the rest of the country, and the sad part is, when he is gone, that lack of trust will continue.

YOU may not see the damage being done, but most people do.

Quote:
It still is. China is finally going to have to pay up, though.
How? Don't forget who holds all that USA debt. Careful what you ask for, as it may come back to bite you in the rear.

Quote:
You have no idea what you're even talking about when it comes to the US, no matter what "right" you think you have just because while hating our country, you choose to live here half the time.
We will agree to disagree. I've been in 46 of the 50 States, many for extended periods of time. Have you? How well have you interacted in your own country?

Quote:
Lol, you know nothing about my travels. I've been all over the world.
You're right. How many countries since Trump's been in office? How many people in those countries have you heard and listened too?

Quote:
Are you sure they're not also just Canadian snowbirds who think they have a right to try to "tell us how it is" like you do?
Yeah, I'm sure. Foreigners cannot register to vote, remember?

Quote:
Ten dollar words now....fancy. Democrats it isn't looking good for, hate to tell ya. Per the title of this thread, Biden doesn't seem Presidential. He seems old and tired. He's probably America's best shot for the nomination, and what's funny is, I could live with him (though I'd never vote for him--Trump 2020).

But honestly the face of the democratic party is represented by AOC+3, which makes them even more screwed.
I'm not sure who I would like to see get the Democrat nomination. I, like you, could live with Biden, Harris would be my first choice, Mayor Pete makes some very, very good points, and if he doesn't get it now, which I don't think he will, he has an amazing political future ahead of him. I sort of like Booker. I don't know why Warren is getting the support she is, as I view her almost as damaged as Clinton was. And Bernie?... Jesus... talk about an old man yelling at cloud!

All the leading Democratic candidates rank higher in battleground States than Trump. Could that change? Sure. Will it? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies