Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 01:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,589,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In a state of almost 40 million? More like VOTES.

Kamala Harris was elected as the San Francisco District Attorney General in 2003 and won again in 2007 running unopposed because no one else was going to beat her.

Kamala Harris was elected as the California Attorney General in 2010 and ran again in 2014 and won.

Kamala Harris was elected in 2016 as a California State Senator.

California is the most populated state in the country. Underestimate her at one's peril. I think she would smilingly beat Trump in a debate without even dampening her brow.
Underestimate? Surely you jest. A ham sandwich with a D after their name will win in CA. Thing is, that's not enough. Odd you haven't figured that out by now.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why ask me this? I've already noted that it's hugely hypocritical. I don't support it.
Don't have to, there are other candidates. I'll be voting for the Democratic nominee regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Underestimate? Surely you jest. A ham sandwich with a D after their name will win in CA. Thing is, that's not enough. Odd you haven't figured that out by now.
It's more than enough for the elections she's run in so far, which are state elections that have had multiple Democratic candidates and have resulted in runoff elections.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Don't have to, there are other candidates. I'll be voting for the Democratic nominee regardless.
I never understood voting for party no matter what. It's why they feel safe lying to you. What the heck, if you are going to vote for them regardless.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I never understood voting for party no matter what. It's why they feel safe lying to you. What the heck, if you are going to vote for them regardless.
A Democrat that detests Trump will have no difficulty understanding. Many of us feel a unified opposition is the best opposition. Seeing the birther and virtue shaming smears only solidifies that resolve.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:40 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
True or not, it's still a straw man because the real issue with Harris isn't that she is ineligible to become president.

The issue with Harris, like all her Democratic opponents, is that she is extremely undesirable as a president.
She was NOT lying.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/28/polit...ley/index.html

Quote:
Facts First: Harris was indeed part of the second integrated class at Berkeley's Thousand Oaks Elementary School: she entered school in 1969, and the plan to desegregate the school was implemented in 1968.
"Thousand Oaks Elementary, along with all Berkeley public elementary schools, were integrated through a two-way busing plan, beginning in 1968, so Senator Harris is correct in describing her experience in 1969 as the second year of the busing integration program," Natasha Beery, director of community relations for the Berkeley Unified School District, said in an email on Friday.
Quote:
The segregation in the city was indeed de facto segregation, not the officially mandated segregation imposed by law in the South, so there were some minority students at Harris' school long before she arrived. In 1963, according to data published by the school district, there were 15 "Negro" students at Thousand Oaks Elementary -- just 2.5 percent of the student body. By contrast, there were 561 "Caucasian" students, 95.1 percent.
Citing such data, the committee concluded that 14 of the 17 district elementary schools were effectively segregated. Seeking to rectify the situation, the school board voted unanimously in early 1968 in favor of a busing plan in which more than 3,000 students, both black and white, would be bused to different communities.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:

It's more than enough for the elections she's run in so far, which are state elections that have had multiple Democratic candidates and have resulted in runoff elections.
Good luck with that strategy for the general election for Pres.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Good luck with that strategy for the general election for Pres.
She's never run in a national election. The fact that she did well in the debates is a likely reason the birtherism is starting.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
She's never run in a national election.
Well, although she is trying her best, at least we can hope not.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:31 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
This is why in the end I do not support her.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-a-prosecutor

She believes that will play well in South Carolina though.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...rolina-1358153

On top of everything else, No.
I was not aware that prosecutors were supposed to be progressive or conservative. I figured they were ALL "law and order types". They're not supposed to press for guilt at the expense of innocence, nor are they to always seek the maximum penalty allowed.

Quote:
Harris was not a “progressive prosecutor” and “often on the wrong side of history when she served as California’s attorney general.”

“Harris turned legal technicalities into weapons so she could cement injustices,” Bazelon wrote, referring to wrongful convictions. She argued that Harris “did not barter or trade to get the support of more conservative law-and-order types; she gave it all away.”

Old 06-30-2019, 07:34 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Be prepared, friends. The lies, propaganda against Kamala Harris is going to come on...strong.

https://twitter.com/adamslily/status...16585740976129
The conversation about Kamala's feigned identity, which HER OWN FATHER WARNED HER NOT TO DO, was started by a BLACK AMERICAN. Stop the neo nazi crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies