Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 10:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Can't say as I blame them for telling him his services were not required.

I thought the whole situation was handled very courteously.

She told him she would be going with someone else and his services we're not needed. She even apologized for refusing to use him to do the work.

He offered to remove his flag. She told him he had every right to fly it, but she wasn't going to use his services.

Seems reasonable to me.

Rather stupid of him to try to fly that while doing business in Atlanta, so it's probably good that he was... no telling what sort of work he'd do if he's not too bright.
The woman was very poised and polite to the man. I don't blame her for not wanting to give him her money. He can't be too bright showing up at a customer's house flying the Confederate Flag.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
I never said it bothered me.

I asked how others would have reacted.
I guess that would be one way for another to react. To each his own.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:24 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've seen this kind of crap in convenience stores. Convenience stores/gas stations with a large Black clientele, but the staff don't respect their clientele. I saw this close up working in an office located in a ghetto.
Or take slumlords - mostly quite happy to take money from people they despise.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:45 PM

938 posts, read 446,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I guess that would be one way for another to react. To each his own.
How would you react?

Old 07-07-2019, 07:20 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Or take slumlords - mostly quite happy to take money from people they despise.

Slumlords are awful. But no one has to respect people they despise. I sure would not. Doing business is doing business. If I own a place and keep it up, then people should pay to live there, bottom line. Whether I like them or not means nothing as long as they pay and take care of my property. However, I can decide on whom I want to hire as maintenance and so forth in keeping up my investment. I'd have to have a good working relationship and trust in their work. A property owner has every right not to hire someone they dislike and see as a threat, or causing more problems than it's worth.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:35 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
If you are performing a service, you should be as professional as possible. Flags, non-appropriate clothing, language etc are indicators someone is not a serious professional and might not take their work they perform seriously as well. If its my money I will find someone else. After you prove the qualify of your work then perhaps you can be a little more lax.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:33 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
THat's the saddest part, is that people are judging a book by it's cover. The truck could have even been a loan from someone else for all we know. The guy could have been the nicest guy in the world. Or, if he was racist, the family could have shown compassion and love and make him realize that he is wrong for his racism, and maybe they could have made a new friend. But instead, they decide to jump on that "white man bad" bandwagon the first chance they get.
You’re grasping at straws.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:24 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
At my job we are not allowed to talk politics in the workplace. I had a friend who got fired from his job because after he was warned, he still wouldn't tone it down with customers talking politics during the Bush years.
When there is a large snowstorm in my neck of the woods there is a guy who drives his tractor down the road plowing out his neighbors driveways. He has a confederate flag front license plate on his truck. That's why I don't allow political signs in my yard. Being apolitical is good for business.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:34 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
She was nice to him. She said Thank You, you don’t have to change your beliefs and I have the right to choose someone else.

I mean it was stupid for any businessman to show up with a giant confederate flag on his work truck to do business. And for those that said what about a giant Gay flag, it would be just as stupid as part of your business to show up with one.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Honestly, I cannot blame the black family. I would not do business with a person that appears to my door with "free Palestine" stickers on his truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies