Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 01:31 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

The older woman has been doxxed and is receiving threats. Over a rude and insensitive comment. People need to get a grip and stop overreacting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 01:46 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I don't think that's the first time she was told she was too fat to wear shorts.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:05 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
which is why I think this whole fat shaming thing does not work for some people.

Judging by the reaction, this girl perhaps has been called overweight many times. All those yelling, screaming, swearing, crying tell people that she was hurt. She already knew her size, and she knew in her heart if she wanted to lose weight or not, other people do not need to play the information police. She will just end up hating the information police anyway.

.. and truth be told, this lady in red has nothing to do with Christianity or Christians. She's perhaps just your everyday busybody who likes to butt into your businesses.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-03-2019 at 02:19 PM..

Old 07-03-2019, 02:06 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Someone calling another person "fat" shouldn't make the news. I don't feel sorry for this woman. She's pathetic to take this to the media craving pity and high-fives from everyone.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Someone calling another person "fat" shouldn't make the news. I don't feel sorry for this woman. She's pathetic to take this to the media craving pity and high-fives from everyone.
There’s a pic of her in a gray t-shirt that says “F*** YOU YOU F***ING F***” and flipping a bird with each hand. It is entirely possible there is more to this story.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Why would anyone listen to any church leader anyway.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There’s a pic of her in a gray t-shirt that says “F*** YOU YOU F***ING F***” and flipping a bird with each hand. It is entirely possible there is more to this story.
Sure, there might be more to the story. But her being offended is a first world problem. She looked way older than 19. Is that story real?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Sure, there might be more to the story. But her being offended is a first world problem.
Sorry I wasn’t more clear. I am in agreement with you. I have no respect for people who video others to shame them online over a rude comment.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Sorry I wasn’t more clear. I am in agreement with you. I have no respect for people who video others to shame them online over a rude comment.
I agree, because I've probably done or said things in my life that I would never want to be publicized on video.

I watched the video and the young woman really seems unstable, mentally. These kinds of people are an issue in many churches. On the one hand, they don't want to be "un-Christian" and ask them to leave; but on the other hand, mentally unstable types can cause all kinds of problems in a congregation. It can be a delicate issue with no real answers.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:45 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wedding ceremonies are about 2 people. They may or may not be doing their vows before God, and we are not there for God, we are there for the people who are getting married.

Church is about YOU and God. No one else. It's NOT about the people, it's about your relationship with God (general "you" not you personally because I have no idea what you believe nor do I care).

Should there be a God, God has already seen me in my pajamas, in shorts, in pants, in dresses, in the shower. God does not care what you wear. The only ones caring are busy body people with nothing better to do apparently, like, read their Bible and pay attention to the sermon, and they don't matter. Christianity is not about appealing to the other people, it's about the relationship with said person and God. That's. It.

You can dress up and go to church every single Sunday, that doesn't make you a Christian.
I am not a Christian.

The question was again, Do you wear shorts at attending a marriage/wedding happening in a Church or in a private settings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies