Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 07:55 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,221,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Only people that think it's anything else are trumpettes.

Then maybe you can help her out and prove this is a partisan event....

Instead of listening to your masters on cnn and msnbc.....and spewing what your told to say.....

Old 07-04-2019, 08:00 AM

6,171 posts, read 4,643,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I love how both sides suddenly become concerned with wasting tax dollars, that is, when it's the other side doing it. They also defend and mitigate when it's there own doing it.

The Obama's and their separate vacations cost us millions. The left defended them the right condemned them.

Obama and company were creative in their waste. Trump is as well.

I am waiting for a leader who actually cares about how they use the trust of the people and how they spend our tax dollars.

It isn't just a GOP problem or a democrat problem. The waste on both sides is horrendous. No not just waste, but blatant waste.
An an Independent, I couldn't agree with you more and I repped you +1 for this.

Your message shouldn't get lost in all the typical political noise on this thread, because what you point out is so pervasive and points to the real problem concerning the topic the original post speaks to.

Some of the dog and pony shows, that go so far beyond what taxpayer money should be spent on, are also so disruptive to local people wherever these occur, and then the attitude is, "oh well, you figure it out- not our problem". I know DC experiences this as part of the usual day to day, but still, it just reeks of a poor use of resources that lower levels of government (i.e. a small town running things this way- such as the scandal in Bell, CA) would be raked over the coals for.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...315-story.html

Old 07-04-2019, 08:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,726,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then maybe you can help her out and prove this is a partisan event....

Instead of listening to your masters on cnn and msnbc.....and spewing what your told to say.....

What Democrat ordered/ asked for this Parade, or demanded Tanks or Military,who other that the tangerine president your god ordered this?

You need to proven other wise .

Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
What Democrat ordered/ asked for this Parade, or demanded Tanks or Military,who other that the tangerine president your god ordered this?

You need to proven other wise .

Its a yearly parade, that was going to happen no matter who the president is.....

The military has always been in the parade...always.....even in obamas parade....

Tanks, good....but he did not demand them....prove it...

Also prove that this is a partisan event....

Old 07-04-2019, 08:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,750,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your link syas nothing about tickets....

And if it does, please show us.....also, did they have tickets for the political part the last 38 times?
Why would my link say anything about tickets?
The Capital Fourth is a completely separate event from Trump’s propaganda show.

“Tickets: No tickets are necessary for this free concert, which is open to the public.”

https://www.tripsavvy.com/a-capitol-...ert-dc-4171327

I already posted a link about the tickets to Trump’s campaign rally in the other thread.

Here’s just one of many links, which was really easy to find.

“An official with the Democratic National Committee told NBC News the organization has not received tickets to the VIP section for President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July celebration, “Salute to America,” as of Tuesday morning.
However, a spokeswoman from the Republican National Committee confirmed Monday that the RNC has already received their ticket allotment for the VIP section of the event.”

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...512118972.html

Anyway, expect another investigation into the costs of this campaign rally.

“Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) on Tuesday accused the Interior Department of refusing to answer an inquiry about President Trump's Independence Day plans, including how the additional cost of the plans will be covered.

“It is unacceptable that the Interior Department is failing to inform Congress about how it plans to spend taxpayer money to fund the president’s lavish July 4th plans, which reportedly include special access to the National Mall for the politically connected," Udall, the ranking member of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies, said in a statement. ”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ing-for-trumps

“Maddow asked Udall about whether the Senate Appropriations Committee had received documentation on the cost of the rally.

“We haven’t at all,” Udal replied. replied.

“We have been absolutely stonewalled,” he explained. “It’s really a disturbing and extraordinary situation really.”

Udall said he will be seeking a General Accounting Office (GAO) investigation into the rally.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/sen...with-the-bill/

Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why would my link say anything about tickets?
The Capital Fourth is a completely separate event from Trump’s propaganda show.

“Tickets: No tickets are necessary for this free concert, which is open to the public.”

https://www.tripsavvy.com/a-capitol-...ert-dc-4171327

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24
It is not an Independence Day celebration.
It’s a campaign rally, otherwise, tickets wouldn’t have been reserved for just one political party.

The Independence Day celebration - A Capitol Fourth - will take place after this travesty is over and will be broadcast on PBS as it is every year.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/lif...-2019-concert/

Because that's what you said....

Quote:
I already posted a link about the tickets to Trump’s campaign rally in the other thread.

Here’s just one of many links, which was really easy to find.

“An official with the Democratic National Committee told NBC News the organization has not received tickets to the VIP section for President Donald Trump’s Fourth of July celebration, “Salute to America,” as of Tuesday morning.
However, a spokeswoman from the Republican National Committee confirmed Monday that the RNC has already received their ticket allotment for the VIP section of the event.”

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...512118972.html

Why would you want people who hate you to be in the VIP section?

Quote:
Anyway, expect another investigation into the costs of this campaign rally.

“Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) on Tuesday accused the Interior Department of refusing to answer an inquiry about President Trump's Independence Day plans, including how the additional cost of the plans will be covered.

“It is unacceptable that the Interior Department is failing to inform Congress about how it plans to spend taxpayer money to fund the president’s lavish July 4th plans, which reportedly include special access to the National Mall for the politically connected," Udall, the ranking member of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies, said in a statement. ”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ing-for-trumps

What's lavish about it? It's the same parade that has happened for many years, with a little extra....

Quote:
“Maddow asked Udall about whether the Senate Appropriations Committee had received documentation on the cost of the rally.

“We haven’t at all,” Udal replied. replied.

“We have been absolutely stonewalled,” he explained. “It’s really a disturbing and extraordinary situation really.”

Udall said he will be seeking a General Accounting Office (GAO) investigation into the rally.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/sen...with-the-bill/

And I'm sure you are just pleased as anything about another investigation into something that has happened many times before.....

Old 07-04-2019, 08:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What a difference...by orders of magnitude...but keep thinking it's a valid comparison. Estimates of $64 million dollars, SO FAR, of just his trips to Mar-a-lago..that's $3.5 million per trip.

All of Obama's personal travel was $98 million for EIGHT years...not Trump's 2 1/2 years...what a bargain!!!!!!!
Trump is costing the taxpayer a fortune on his whims.

Obama spent the Fourth inviting the troops to the WH for a cookout - not forcing them to march in slavish obedience to his power.

Trump is gross.

I hope his 4th turns out just like Nixon's.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:19 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,271,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Trump Baby Balloon for the win!

It will probably thunderstorm here, but I’m hoping the blimp flies high. If Trump sees it, I’ll not complain about the cost.
Won't be flying HIGH anywhere. Owner only got permit to inflate, not fly it.

Man, some people are so rude and just down right disgusting about the President. I didn't love Obama but I would never insult his looks, laugh at him nor wish horrible things upon him. And guaranteed if I did, there would be 90 people calling me a racist.

Society is screwed.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump is costing the taxpayer a fortune on his whims.

Obama spent the Fourth inviting the troops to the WH for a cookout - not forcing them to march in slavish obedience to his power.

Trump is gross.

I hope his 4th turns out just like Nixon's.

Soldiers marched in obamas parades also.....forcing them to march in slavish obedience to his power.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:22 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,904,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
An an Independent, I couldn't agree with you more and I repped you +1 for this.

Your message shouldn't get lost in all the typical political noise on this thread, because what you point out is so pervasive and points to the real problem concerning the topic the original post speaks to.

Some of the dog and pony shows, that go so far beyond what taxpayer money should be spent on, are also so disruptive to local people wherever these occur, and then the attitude is, "oh well, you figure it out- not our problem". I know DC experiences this as part of the usual day to day, but still, it just reeks of a poor use of resources that lower levels of government (i.e. a small town running things this way- such as the scandal in Bell, CA) would be raked over the coals for.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...315-story.html
Thank you.
As you read the partisan posts by hardliners you understand why politicians feel entitled to waste. Its because they are empowered to do so by the hardliners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies