Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

I often hear conservatives and others tell blacks that they are misguided for voting for Democrats in high numbers due to he fact that democrats are not doing anything for blacks. They point to democrat run cities with high rates of poverty and crime and other issues still plaguing the black community.

Is that fair? Now, I too recognize that democrats are not doing much for black in recent times, but the question is why? Think of it this way. What happens when people take antibiotics in too low dosages? The answer is that it does not do the job of making you well. In fact, doing so allows the bacterial to mutate and develop resistance to the treatment. You cannot say that using antibiotics is a failure when the problem is that you did not apply enough of it to eradicate the infection, thus allowing the bacterial to mutate.

Blacks continue to struggle, relative to other groups, despite voting democrat, because whites keep the dosage of treatment to low. The democratic party is the only party offering treatment and the opposition party, the republicans, seek to keep the treatment as low as possible, as they advocate to let your immune system handle it. The problem is that if the democratic party attempts to increase the dosage, they WILL LOSE WHITE VOTERS who will flip to the opposition party.

The democratic party really cannot target and help blacks without losing a lot of independent and swing white voters. The democratic party is still dependent upon a significant percentage of white voters. There are racist people who vote democrat due to one or two special interest, but who otherwise are conservative. If the party moves to much to help black people it risk losing many white voters and hence elections. The collective condition of blacks is not going to be changed by the policies of mayors or even governors. It it most impacted by federal policy and programs.

It's disingenuous or ignorant to say that democrats have failed blacks despite our overwhelming support. It's suicidal for the democratic party to put forth an all out effort to improve the condition of blacks because such a platform would make many white voters switch to vote republican. The less the democratic party does for blacks, in this era,.....the larger percentage of the white vote it can get. The more it seeks to target blacks for help, the lesser percentage of the white vote it will get resulting in less of a chance at winning elections. Lets be honest.....if the democratic party came out with a proposal and program for reparations (not a check) but a funded targeted effort aimed at blacks specifically......what is the chance of winning a national election with that on the platform?

Democrats are not failing blacks......America is failing blacks.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-30-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 11:10 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,394,747 times
I can't help but feel this post is intended to worsen divisiveness more than bemoan the plight of the Democratic party.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:14 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Oh they're doing something for minorities and poor immigrants for sure. The Democratic politicians come by every 4 years and promise the moon right up until November 8th.

Then what do they do right after they lose?

Resist, deflect, blame and shame their every living breath, oh, with all the crocodile tears they can Chuck Schumer waa! Not My Pwesident!

They get their women to put genitalia on their heads and march. We watch our Republican women, like Tomi Lohren, do a different march, a march to the polls to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi Lohren
It's time for final thoughts.

Another day, another condescending leftist telling you how to think, feel and act. This time it's Michelle Obama reminding the ladies that she knows what's best for us because apparently we are not smart or independent enough to form an original thought.

Thanks Michelle. So what tidbit of verbal diarrhea did she spew this time?

Well, Mrs. Obama said and I quote: "Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice."

Really Michelle? Or did we choose secure borders, personal responsibility, a strong military, tax reform, smaller government, Obamacare repeal, and economic growth? See, that's what I voted for. I didn't vote for an email-deleting, influence-selling, accountability-lacking pantsuit of lies.

You're dang right I voted against Hillary Clinton, and the fact Mrs. Obama thinks that makes me less of a woman tells you everything you need to know about the left. No Michelle, as a woman I did not want the first female president to be Hillary Clinton and for good reason. I also didn't want another four years of your husband's failed legacy.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I can't help but feel this post is intended to worsen divisiveness more than bemoan the plight of the Democratic party.
I think your priorities are wrong. The issue is not divisiveness or harmony, but rather righteousness or unrighteousness. Righteousness and unrighteousness are inherently divisive when they meet. If someone presents a truth.....and you feel its divisive....then you are probably unrighteous.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I believe you are correct.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Oh they're doing something for minorities and poor immigrants for sure. The Democratic politicians come by every 4 years and promise the moon right up until November 8th.

Then what do they do right after they lose?

Resist, deflect, blame and shame their every living breath, oh, with all the crocodile tears they can Chuck Schumer waa! Not My Pwesident!

They get their women to put genitalia on their heads and vote. We watch our Republican women, like Tomi Lohren, do a different march, a march to the polls to vote.
Doing something would ensure that they would lose the next election. That being said, what did the democrats promise and offer blacks this past election? They can't offer blacks anything without chasing white voter away to the republican party.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:28 AM

Tomi went on to say,

Quote:

Oh, and trust me, I didn't lose my voice. You're gonna hear my voice, loud and clear. How dare you diminish and degrade my vote! How dare you look down on Trump-supporting women!

Ya know, contrary to the left's popular belief, you don't have to march in the streets with female genitalia on your head to have a voice. See, millions of women made a different march, a march into the voting booth to vote for our interests, our country and Donald J. Trump.

Those are my final thoughts, Michelle. I hope you heard my voice and you'll remember it next time you talk down to free-thinking, Trump-supporting, America-loving women.

From New York City, God bless and take care.
Look up Red Pill Black some time, then look up Brunell Donald Kyei sometime. Things are changing back... That's right, to a time when things were ... Better!

Old 09-30-2017, 11:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Black people are failing black people.

Keith Ellison Calls For Separate Country Just For Blacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqLYdSSHao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykW-uD6AvT8

Old 09-30-2017, 11:41 AM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Historically, white cultures didn't advance more than black cultures due to more government help. On the contrary, while black cultures depended on their tribal leaders to "save" them, whites were reducing the influence of government and encouraging people to be responsible self-sufficient citizens.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Historically, white cultures didn't advance more than black cultures due to more government help. On the contrary, while black cultures depended on their tribal leaders to "save" them, whites were reducing the influence of government and encouraging people to be responsible self-sufficient citizens.
Historically, there's no such thing as a "white" culture or a "black" culture.

This is the problem with racists of whatever color, if there is even any such thing as a color, you become colorblind into white-black thinking. What about Asian people, Hispanic people, Latino people, Native American people, and on and on and so forth?

What about white people who don't identify as white? What about brown people who don't identify as liberal?

Uh oh, the divisive narrative is breaking up!

Who's really putting the diversion there?

Now we've got to throw the word cultue around. You're going to segregate those too? Who's allowed into that culture and who's not?

Can I go to Greenwich Village to get some pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies