Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is hardly evidence of white supremacy. Why would a white supremacist support a prez who a)has Jewish grandchildren; b)dated a black model before meeting Melania; c)sends his son Baron to a school that is 40% non-white; d)have Jews, a black, and a Hispanic (formerly) in his cabinet?

Do you have any actual evidence? Would you like to be accused of racism on such thin evidence?
Omg...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 05:15 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Read the entire article written by the professor. The professor was correct in the following assessment:

And here as well:
Quote:
In the meantime, faculty of color remain committed to professionalism, which also means peaceably coexisting with MAGA in the classroom. To be certain, however, in academic settings “making America great again” suggests a return to the days when women and people of color were denied access to these very institutions.
'Make America Great Again' could be about race; then again it could be not about race. What is the evidence that it's the former?

Old 07-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Omg...
This is the most intelligent reply you could summon?.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
'Make America Great Again' could be about race; then again it could be not about race. What is the evidence that it's the former?
Did you read the article?

Old 07-12-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I’m not going to throw pearls to swine.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:19 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Here is your daily dose of craziness in higher education that permeates college campuses today and puts those tuition dollars to good use.

According to the article linked below, a professor at Gonzaga University School of Law pronounced a "Make American Great Again" as being racially antagonistic, and said that it stood for an "undeniable symbol of white supremacy."

It sounds like the professor was highly triggered by the hat. So much for that "diversity" of thought in higher education today. Each credit hour at Gonzaga Law costs $1,350.

Article
It’s not undeniable. I deny it. Show me one example of MAGA excluding anyone based on race, sexual orientation or gender. Just one example that Trump has done anything that excludes citizens of this country from anything.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
Quote:
I’m not going to throw pearls to swine.
I take that as a 'yes.' BTW, do you realize that name calling ('swine') is a violation of CD terms of service.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Did you read the article?
I read your quote of it. Did you read my post? Did you quote him out of context, or otherwise misleadingly? If so that's on you, not me.

Last edited by travis t; 07-12-2019 at 05:33 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 PM

306 posts, read 102,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit1moretime View Post
I assume anyone wearing a MAGA hat is a racist and they want to make sure everyone knows. I don't see very many of them anymore, but when I do it is always an old white guy wearing it.

I assume liberals are moronic azzholez and this type of post proves it. You clowns need a new schtick, this one is getting old.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:46 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Are you denying an intelligent, educated man the right to have his own opinion ? You wouldn't want someone to do that to you, would you ?

Last I knew, we are all able to express our own opinions in this country.
As long as the left agrees with it, though, right? Like that kids that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies